The state of Caucasian WRs.

Is the recent success of Caucasian WRs a pattern or a fluke? Neither?

• Pattern

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fluke

• Potenial-pattern (Will Young Guns rise?)

• Neither: History repeating

• Total voters
**By the way, congrats to The Bus for finally getting his Superbowl Ring. The guy battled 13 years of tackles (and Jenny Craig jokes?) and is 5th all-time. Amazing for a 5'10.5'', 255+ pound tailback. I saw some of his interviews in the season and he volunteers with kids and schools, and I believe he started a charity (The Bus Stops Here?) as well. He seems like a pretty decent guy. Kudos to chunkybutt! The Bus will be missed.

bus012.jpg

- Hey maybe Pittsburgh can sign Josh Ranek to replace The Bus...the "little ball of hate" replacing "the bus"..they have similar styles except Ranek is 5'7.5'' and 209 lbs of all muscle.

0525.jpg

Or Maybe 5'11'', 204 pound Brock Forsey?

ForseyBrock20TB.jpg
Edited by: hollywoodnorth

white lightning

Hall of Famer
First off,look at what happened to Stokley this past season.They barely threw to the guy.Bennett is stuck with "Air Ball"McNair who is a total has been or should I say never been.Jones is on a team with a qb that doesn't look his way that much like Finneran is with the Falcons.I think Curtis has the best chance because he will probably be a solid number 2 receiver next season.All of these guys have the talent,they just need to be in the right situation.That is out of their control.I hope they all can suceed despite the odds being against them and start a trend.I am so tired of white receivers either never playing or being labled possesion receivers.
smiley7.gif

Wayne may leave town to join Santana in Washington which leaves Stokely as the #2 guy (this is likely since the Colts have little cash and have to deal with Edgerrin the enigma). Edited by: hollywoodnorth

For now i am saying that it was just a fluke... However if things go our way in the NFL draft then i might change my mind. I will have an in debth analysis of the draft when it happens similar to my MLS soccer draft analysis; except with cited sources...

Meanwhile i belive that whites are making a greater presence in both college basketball and in the NBA. Whites now make up a higher percentage of players in the NBA then they had in almost 20 years. (cant find source)

Whites are also starting to dominate American Soccer

And finally whites have held back the tide in such sports as tennis and volleyball... Both of whitch were supposed to be the next victoms of the caste system. At one point our womens national volleyball team was half black and the Williams sisters were supposed to make headways for other balcks into tennis.

As far as college football and the NFL are concerned it looks like whites may be looseing ground. Early indications are that the NFL will become more black as a result of this upcomming draft. We will see.

Baseball is kind of up in the air. Early indications are that baseball will become whiter going into the 06 season. Once agin, we just have to wait and see.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I hope your right about R.Wayne but ESPN reported today that the Colts priority is to keep Wayne and let go of E.James.That would mean Stokley is screwed.I didn't know Finneran was a free agent.If he's smart,he will go to another team,maybe the Panthers.Jurevicius has a tough decision to make but I think that he will stay put up there in Seattle.Bennett would be better off if Volek took over or they got another qb but McNair doesn't want to retire.I will keep my fingers crossed on that one.I think that Curtis should stay put too.He is in a good sitiuation with Bulger being a stud qb.Good luck to all of these guys.I'm rooting for everyone of them!
smiley32.gif

What's the latest on T.O.? Did you guys here McNabb's "black-on-black crime" bit? So if Owens had said "I wish we had McNair" that would be ok, but if he says "I wish we had Favre" then that's automatically racist black-on-black crime . McNabb is trigger-happy, just-say-it-so-I-can-play-the-race-card lously example for the young kids. Edited by: hollywoodnorth1

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Forsey is faster than 4.7. He would have never been given a shot if he was that slow. He should be starting somewhere, instead of probably ending his career. Anyway, what does all the RB talk have to do with WR's?

JD074

Master
hollywoodnorth said:
Things look pretty good.

Frankly, most of the things that you mentioned aren't very impressive.

hollywoodnorth said:
Will Hass go to a team with starting (perhaps as the #2) expectations?

Doubt it.

hollywoodnorth said:
Will Bruce leave the Rams giving Curtis his chance to shine?

If Bruce leaves, Curtis really could start. I'm more optimistic about Curtis than the others.

hollywoodnorth said:
Will Wayne jump to Washington giving Stokely his long-overdue chance to start in Indy?

Would Stokley actually start if Wayne left? When Harrison sat out a game late this season, Stokley didn't fill in; Troy Walters did. Who the hell is Troy Walters? Maybe Dungy doesn't consider Stokley to be starting material.

hollywoodnorth said:
Will Jurevicius supplant Engram as the #2 in Seattle after a strong 700 yard / 10 TD season?

He went right to the bench when all the black guys got healthy, so probably not. (And don't worry about the 93 yard Super Bowl performance; nobody noticed that.)

hollywoodnorth said:
Will Finneran leave Atlanta for a team that appreciates his height and skills?

Will someone appreciate Finneran? That's funny.

hollywoodnorth said:
Or is it just history repeating?

I'm not sure, but it's a strong possibility.

hollywoodnorth said:
I have to say, I have never heard so much hype about a white WR (Matt Jones) since the days of a young Ed McAffrey almost a decade ago.

Who's hyping Jones- besides us? I don't hear that much about him.

hollywoodnorth said:
Nor have I seen a college white WR (Mike Hass) lead the nation by such a huge margin (270 yds more than the second place receiver !!) since.......actually I have never seen that (anybody?).

And he still didn't get invited to the Senior Bowl. Doesn't look good.

hollywoodnorth said:
Maybe someone can give a similar account for RBs? I didn't have the time to make a list of RBs....

What RB's?
smiley11.gif

whiteCB

Master
The Browns might actually go after Jurevicious for a number of reasons beginning with how WR Antonio Bryant drops way too many passes and is now a FA and if he asks too much he won't be resigned. Also Joe is a Cleveland boy having grown up in the Cleveland suburbs and that would be a major factor for Joe signing with the Browns. If he comes at the right price look for the Browns to go after Joe.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I'd like to see Joe on the Steelers next season. They have Hines Ward and a pack of less than mediocre black smurfs. When you get down to it, how many teams wouldn't Jurevicius improve considerably?

whiteCB

Master
I'm just saying that the Browns are a dark horse consideration for Jurevicious's services. It would seem to me that family would be a big priority to Joe and seeing how Cleveland is only 20 min from his whole family; suggests to me that if Cleveland would offer a contract to Joe he wouldn't pass it up.

JD074

Master
hollywoodnorth1 said:
JD074 - you are the ultimate pessimist.

And proud of it.
smiley2.gif
Naive optimism is one of my biggest pet peeves.

hollywoodnorth1 said:
Lighten up. The figures ARE moderately imnpressive and the likes of Jones, Hass and Samarizja give exciting possibilities.

Key word: possibilities. I'll be happy as anyone to see all these guys succeed, but the bottom line is that we need more starting wide receivers (and running backs and cornerbacks.) 3rd and 4th receivers, and special team guys (in other words, most of the guys you mentioned) just aren't going to cut it. When these players play exceptionally well during brief stints in the starting line-up, and go right back to the bench when the black guy gets healthy, that tells me that most coaches don't see them as starter material. We need starters, nothing less will do.

whiteCB

Master
I totally agree JD074. Guys like Kevin Walter aren't going to do anything to break the caste system but people like Matt Jones and Kevin Curtis can definitly help.

I know, but rumours and speculation about who's going where always exists. I bet that even though no contracts can be signed, some stars are already talking to various teams and planning where they go. Any word on Favre yet?

guest301

Hall of Famer
Some Cleveland area tv stations after the Super Bowl showed interviews of Jurevicious after the game and hyped up the possibility of Joe coming to Cleveland. No word on Favre but my dream is him coming to the cowboys but really don't think that will happen with Bledsoe still playing well. I will root for any team he goes too!