The Return of the White Receiver: Another Artificial Barrier Shattered in the Fight Against the Cast

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
My corrected and lengthened write up from the home page. Please make comments there, so we can increase front page activity!
If you haven't registered to be able to comment on the front page, it only takes a couple of minutes.

The Return of the White Receiver: Another Artificial Barrier Shattered in the Fight Against the Caste System

By Colonel_Reb
Question: How many times since the merger has the NFL had 3 Whites in the top 10 in receiving yardage?
Answer: Seven

Question: How many of these instances have happened since Whites were all but barred from starting as receivers when the Caste System was fully implemented in the mid-80s?
Answer: None, until this year that is.

This season, Wes Welker (2), Rob Gronkowski (6), and Jordy Nelson (9) hold 3 of the top 10 spots in receiving yardage in the NFL! Welker had the most receptions in the league with 122, and led the league for most of the season. Wes could threaten to take the top spot in yardage in 2012. Wes Welker’s teammate Rob Gronkowski’s record setting performance (1,327 yards and 17 TDs ) in 2011 will not be his last great season. This second year player will be a huge part of the New England offense for years to come. Green Bay WR Jordy Nelson is the most effective WR in the NFL today, catching almost 71% of the passes thrown in his area. Imagine what he could do if allowed to play every offensive down like Greg Jennings does?! Everyone knows that wouldn’t be acceptable though, as it is still near taboo for a White man, no matter how talented, to start as an outside receiver in the Caste System NFL.

WR Eric Decker of the Broncos has a ton of athleticism and upside, and could contend for a top 10 spot in 2012 if the Denver coaches will be smart enough to utilize him more. If Peyton Manning returns, WR Austin Collie and TE Dallas Clark could springboard back up in terms of their stats. Several talented White collegiate pass catchers will be drafted in the next couple of years and there will be more chances to break through these barriers.

Many people question the existence of the Caste System in sports. They say that anti-white discrimination is not real and that it has no basis in reality. I would ask you this question then. If the “best players are on the field†all the time, why was there a sudden disappearance of White receivers in the 1980s and why do the few White receivers who are allowed to start in the NFL today do so well, while hardly ever getting credit for being called athletic and better than their black counterparts? Any thinking person will come to one conclusion, that anti-white discrimination is real.

So, how long has it been since Whites occupied 3 of the top 10 spots in terms of receiving yardage at the end of the regular season?

The answer is 1983, when Todd Christensen (4), Tim Smith (7), and Steve Watson (10) were in the top 10.

The time before that was in ’81 with Steve Watson (4), Steve Largent (5), and Dwight Clark (9).

In ’78, the year of some rule changes that helped open up the passing game, there were Steve Largent (2), Pat Tilley (5), and Dave Casper (10).

You have to go all the way back to 1972 to find three or more Whites in the top 10 in receiving yardage again, and there were four, Fred Biletnikoff (6), Chip Myers (7), Bob Tucker (8), and Ted Kwalick (10). That is the next goal I want to see met when it comes to White receivers, whether at the WR or TE position!

We don’t find a half White top 10 until ’71, when Fred Biletnikoff (3), Gary Garrison (4), Randy Vataha (6), Bob Tucker (9), and Ken Burrow (10) were there. In a fair NFL (no Caste System), seasons like this would be the norm. Imagine that, football where the best players actually play, no matter their skin color!

1970, the first year of the NFL/AFL merger, saw 4 Whites in the top 10 in receiving yardage, Gary Garrison (4), Danny Abramowicz (7), Jack Snow (9), and Carroll Dale (10).

There have been many excuses/reasons given by White fans and media personalities for the dearth of White receivers since the early 1980s. Through their successes despite major obstacles, we see that it is not for a lack of skill or talent that these White athletes are overlooked, rather their low numbers are caused by an endemic belief in the myth of black athletic superiority on the part of front offices, coaches, scouts, and of course the media that cover the sport of football. Let other people know that, if given a fair opportunity, White athletes can not only compete with the best in the world, but they can win!

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Awesome job Colonel!! :thumbsup:

Truthteller

Mentor
Great job Colonel_Reb. I don't want to dwell on the negative, but as many here have noted (included Don Wassall several times) this seemed to happen in 1999 also (quite a few white WR's broke out in a big way) and really nothing came of it. Hopefully things are different this time around and it's the start of a trend.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Great job Colonel_Reb. I don't want to dwell on the negative, but as many here have noted (included Don Wassall several times) this seemed to happen in 1999 also (quite a few white WR's broke out in a big way) and really nothing came of it. Hopefully things are different this time around and it's the start of a trend.

The only ones I can remember in 99 were Ed McCaffrey and Keith Poole. Chrebet was already producing very solid numbers a few years earlier. Is there anyone else I missed?

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I salute Col. Reb. Excellent writing me good friend. It's exciting to see alot of white receivers actually getting a chance to score touchdowns again. It seems like usually they save that for the other guys. Guys like Gronkowski, Nelson and Welker are helping to change how people think about white receivers and tightends. Let's hope this positive trend continues. I'm excited to see what Collie, Decker and others can do in the near future.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Patrick Jeffers and Bill Schroeder had "unexpected" 1,000 yard seasons. Tim Dwight posted big YPC numbers, as well as accumulating significant KR and PR numbers on special teams. Dwight (20.9) and Poole (19) led the entire NFL in YPC average....Jeffers was top 10 with 17.2 and added 12 TD's -- he would've had a Jordy type year had he been allowed to play earlier that season.

Ricky Proehl should've had a 1,000 yard season (or close), but was relageted to #3 WR by vile caste-stoodge D!ck-head Vermeil. Darren Chiaverini started for expansion Cleveland and Larry Shannon and Joe Jurevicius were young ones and provided hope for the future. Shannnon, who Jimmy Johnson once called the "white Randy Moss", saw his career ravaged by knee injuries.

Then you could throw several top white TE's...There were less white WR's that year, but several had HUGE seasons, giving us hopes things would change. They did not change and things got worse in the early 2000's.

I forgot about Schroeder and Dwight. Both were among the fastest players in the league.

Truthteller

Mentor
The only ones I can remember in 99 were Ed McCaffrey and Keith Poole. Chrebet was already producing very solid numbers a few years earlier. Is there anyone else I missed?

Patrick Jeffers and Bill Schroeder had "unexpected" 1,000 yard seasons. Tim Dwight posted big YPC numbers, as well as accumulating significant KR and PR numbers on special teams. Dwight (20.9) and Poole (19) led the entire NFL in YPC average....Jeffers was top 10 with 17.2 and added 12 TD's -- he would've had a Jordy type year had he been allowed to play earlier that season.

Ricky Proehl should've had a 1,000 yard season (or close), but was relageted to #3 WR by vile caste-stooge D!ck-head Vermeil. Rookie Darren Chiaverini started for expansion Cleveland and Larry Shannon and Joe Jurevicius were young ones that provided hope for the future. Shannnon, who Jimmy Johnson once called the "white Randy Moss", saw his career ravaged by knee injuries.

Then you could throw several top white TE's into the mix...There were less white WR's playing that year then in 2011, but several had HUGE seasons, giving us hope things would change. They did not change and things got worse in the early 2000's.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
The internet and the increasing irrelevance of the dinosaur media are a couple of reasons for hope in regards to this becoming a trend as opposed to a flash in the pan season. Considering the caste system though, it is good to be cautiously optimistic.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Nice article, CR!

Jordy Nelson’s accomplishments while being featured as a true “outside receiver” have been the most a critical gains for our cause this season. Nelson’s ascendency as a flanker in 2011 has been far more impressive than that of other white “outside receivers” in recent years.

For instance, Drew Bennett in 2004 (80 catches, 1,247, 11 TDs) and Kevin Curtis in 2007 (77 catches, 1,110 yards, 6 TDs)...

drew.jpg

CAPTION: Bennett Amasses 28 receptions, 517 Yards & Eight touchdowns In Three Games

images

CAPTION: 11 Catches, 220 Yards, 3 TDs Against Detriot

Both were far less dominant than Nelson, who wasn’t even a full-time player this season.

After his superhuman start to the 2010 season (prior to sustaining multiple concussions after returning to his racially-acceptable in the slot), I viewed Austin Collie as our most skilled receiver. Nelson’s exorbitant potential for super-stardom is the highest I’ve ever seen for a white receiver....that is, one who wasn’t racially-purged, cut, released, waived, undrafted, forced to switch positions, etc.

John Reese

We only have 2 White wide receivers in the Top 50. I don't think the DWF's are gonna perceive 2011 to be the trancendental, barrier shattering moment it should be when 48 of the top 50 wide receivers are still black. Tight end's are covered by safeties and linebackers, who for the most part are zone defenders. Dwarfs don't consider them true wideouts.

Collie's a stud, Decker's a stud, but that'll still only projects 4 of our guys to be in the Top 50 next year.

1zp5ssx.png

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member

Ricky Proehl should've had a 1,000 yard season (or close), but was relageted to #3 WR by vile caste-stooge D!ck-head Vermeil. Rookie Darren Chiaverini started for expansion Cleveland and Larry Shannon and Joe Jurevicius were young ones that provided hope for the future. Shannnon, who Jimmy Johnson once called the "white Randy Moss", saw his career ravaged by knee injuries.

Then you could throw several top white TE's into the mix...There were less white WR's playing that year then in 2011, but several had HUGE seasons, giving us hope things would change. They did not change and things got worse in the early 2000's.

Jeffers had almost all of his yardage in the last 9 games of the '99 season (along with a lot of TD catches, all of them over 35 yards in length), what I believe is the best run by a WR in NFL history.

Dwight also had most of his yardage in the second half of that season, the first time he was allowed to start, and as it turns out the only time as he was demoted in 2000 following his breakout season. Chiaverini mysteriously was banished to Chris Palmer's "doghouse" the following training camp, never to emerge and he quickly disappeared into NFL oblivion. Poole was only a semi-starter in '99, similar to the way Jordy Nelson was used this year by Green Bay, and despite the immense talent he showed in '99 he never achieved even semi-starter status again.

Poole, Jeffers and Dwight comprised three of the top four receivers in 1999 in yards per catch. Add in Schroeder's big season, another thousand yard season for Ed McCaffrey, Chrebet and Proehl having their typical good seasons, and Chiaverini's promise as a rookie, and it was the best year for White receivers since at least the early '80s when Largent, Collinsworth and Watson were All Pro caliber and likely even before then, back to sometime in the early '70s or late '60s. But it was quickly squashed the next season lest it get out of hand. Also keep in mind that 2000 was the year Danny Farmer, the best receiver in UCLA history, was thoroughly screwed over by the Steelers (and after them the Bengals and Bucs).

dwid

Hall of Famer
teams have tried every combination to try and stop Gronkowski, he lines up everywhere and covered by corners at times, their not physical enough to cover him one on one, linebackers are too slow.

Riley Cooper has a chance to break out next year, averaged 80 yards a start with 19 ypc. There is Amendola and Shipley that would have also cracked the top 50 if they hadn't gotten injured. Walter and Hartline have a chance to be in the top 50 as well. It should say something that with the small amount of Whites that are allowed to start at the position (or given a chance at all), that we have 2 in the elite category this year. 3 if you include Gronkowski, although a tight end, is used in a variety of ways and takes more than a safety or a linebacker to slow him down. He would be classified as the new breed of tight end, the ones that can receive but can't block like Jimmy Graham, except he is a great blocker. And who are dwarfs?

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
We only have 2 White wide receivers in the Top 50. I don't think the DWF's are gonna perceive 2011 to be the trancendental, barrier shattering moment it should be when 48 of the top 50 wide receivers are still black. Tight end's are covered by safeties and linebackers, who for the most part are zone defenders. Dwarfs don't consider them true wideouts.

Collie's a stud, Decker's a stud, but that'll still only projects 4 of our guys to be in the Top 50 next year.

1zp5ssx.png

In modern football, with all of it's pass-happy concepts, there won't be a major lack of WR-talent. It's unlikely. Because I don't doubt that more and more black kids, with +athleticism, want to play WR instead of RB "in this era." Diva WR > meat-grinder RB.

Ryan Swope is a legit White talent, but he's almost alone in the NCAAs; I like Abbrederis. There are other Whites that haven't developed as of yet. While I've never "annointed" A.J. Green or Julio Jones (although I've mentioned that I think Jones' has the better upside), the blacks have them, and, soon, Robert Woods, Justin Blackmon, Alshon Jeffery, Reuben Randle, Michael Floyd, Kendall Wright, B.J. Cunningham, Joe Adams, Mohamed Sanu, Ryan Broyles, Sammy Watkins, Jeff Fuller, Brandon Coleman, Chris Owusu, Tayvon Austin, etc.

I don't think they'll all be busts. Understand, the good receivers' aren't always going to go to the teams' with the weakest receiving units.. several good teams' are certain to get richer. However, with the rookie cap now, we might see a "resurgence of receivers' taken in the lottery." If the weak teams' don't want Green Bay, New Orleans, Dallas, NYG, New England, Pittsburgh, San Diego, Indy and Detroit to absolutely make a killing, they have to take the chance on some WRs now.

Solid RBs can be had later in the Draft, but "top receivers" which number a little over a dozen per draft, have a premium on them in a passing league. On purely on-the-field ability, it wouldn't be complicated for me to rank a dozen draft-eligible (FBS) receivers' over the rest of the crop.

--I see Dez Bryant ranked 26th. IMO, the jury is still out on him, but I like the idea of what Dallas was trying to build -- in the 2010 Draft -- in order to try to compete with Philly and NY (who took Hakeem Nicks in the 1st round in 2009).

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
John Reese, perhaps you didn't notice that I talked about pass-catchers and receivers, not just WRs. The point is obvious that White talent is at least as good as black talent, because in spite of being kept from starting by nearly every team, White receivers (both at TE and WR) are excelling against "the world's greatest affletes." Also, I don't remember using the term transcendental when describing the fact that 3 White pass catchers are in the top 10 in terms of receiving yardage. I'm not writing exclusively to DWFs and don't expect them to agree with everything I say. I don't think you read my article very well and/or you have some other reason for trying to twist what I wrote and seemingly minimize the gains that White athletes are making. Why be that way with your first 2 posts, unless you have some other reason(s) for being here?

seattlefan

Guru
John Reese sounds like that troll from the college football caste matchup threads who would always post his fake/altered homemade charts. I would look up to see if his numbers are even correct.

Truthteller

Mentor
John Reese sounds like that troll from the college football caste matchup threads who would always post his fake/altered homemade charts. I would look up to see if his numbers are even correct.

I agree 100%, hopefully Don will delete or alter his post which is cluttering up a very nice thread by Col_Reb. The person could've made his point by simply posting the top 10, then noting there are no other whites in the top 50. Instead, this weirdo had to post an entire list from one to 50, knowing the last 43 are all black. This is probably that same troll that is upset because we are not a bunch "pro-Israel"/"neo-cons" here...so his revenge is to rub crap in our faces -- hence his top 50 list full of blacks.

Also, D-lift, no offense, but there is simply no reason to re-quote his entire list of 48 "suppa-heros" in order to respond to him...all that does is further clutter this thread.

Now, back to the topic: Don, the ONLY reason Patrick Jeffers even got his chance to shine at the end of the 1999 season, was because dirt-bag Rae Carruth (another worthless, overrated slug at WR) was arrested for having his pregnant girlfriend murdered. She was supposedly highly educated and a black beauty queen contestant. His "son" survived the attack, but as ESPN showed a few years ago he has severe brain damage and will never be anywhere close normal thanks to "dad".

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
I admit that I forgot about (deep-threat) Conner Vernon.. "Duke football" can be forgettable! However, I'm quite aware of everyone else.

--Mike Shanahan has an inconsistent QB.

--Will Jaxon Shipley continue to have inconsistent QBs?

--Swigert has been mired in an inept Boston College offense.

--Tyler Eifert - kind of a receiver - is reportedly returning to ND. Will they continue to have inconsistent QBs?

It does seem like White receivers' are often in inept offenses.