The crack epidemic

mattharper

Guru
I saw on a national news program about a decade ago that some black inner city leaders were blaming the rise of the crack epidemic as an FBI scandal. There were actually 2 retired FBI agents standing with these supposed leaders vouching that it was true, that the FBI created crack and then spread it around black communities to keep the brotha' man down. Im not much one for Conspiracy Theories but even if this crazy story had the least bit of worthiness to it it still makes no sense. People have the personal responsibility not to do these drugs. Maybe for the few that first tried it got hooked and that created problems but you have to be accountable as an individual and intelligent enough not to get involved with junk like that. Intelligence and accountability. Something greatly lacking in the inner cities of America. Blacks love to blame everybody but themselves for their problems.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
mattharper said:
I saw on a national news program about a decade ago that some black inner city leaders were blaming the rise of the crack epidemic as an FBI scandal. There were actually 2 retired FBI agents standing with these supposed leaders vouching that it was true, that the FBI created crack and then spread it around black communities to keep the brotha' man down. Im not much one for Conspiracy Theories but even if this crazy story had the least bit of worthiness to it it still makes no sense. People have the personal responsibility not to do these drugs. Maybe for the few that first tried it got hooked and that created problems but you have to be accountable as an individual and intelligent enough not to get involved with junk like that. Intelligence and accountability. Something greatly lacking in the inner cities of America. Blacks love to blame everybody but themselves for their problems.

They have been saying that for years. I believe blacks make the argument that crack cocaine is prosecuted much harder than powdered cocaine. Blacks supposedly mostly use crack and whites powdered cocaine.

Dissident

San Jose Mercury News investigative journalist, Gary Webb wrote a series of reports on the CIA's drug running into south central Los Angeles many years ago.

Webb was found 'suicided' many years later. His evidence was very factual and compelling.

http://mega.nu:8080/ampp/webb.html

snow

Mentor
They invented crack because guys like Richard Pryor were getting hurt cooking it up into a smokeable form before. Was Meth invented to keep poor whites down? No the process of making it just became more refined and easier to do, it has been around for quite a while, it has only become more abused the past decade or two. Blacks were smoking cocaine before, the way to get it smokeable without wasting before baking soda was diethyl ether and ammonia, a process that wasn't safe. Crack is just the equivalent of shooting up cocaine with a needle, and yes you would get another charge if they found a needle AND regular powder cocaine on you. If anything, the CIA just made money on something that was already there. Blacks have been doing coke and heroin for a long time now. Drugs affect ALL races. Its not anyone's fault that blacks abuse them more on average. There are plenty of white people that have been addicted to HARD drugs that have gotten clean from that you would never expect but more blacks are addicted if you account for their smaller population size.
Edited by: snow

I wouldn't be shocked if the goverment did do things behind the scene to control blacks.
They breed like rabbits and 80% are feeding at the public table.
Many blacks say that AIDs was a conspiracy to kill off the nonwhite population. If true, its not a bad ideal...

j41181

Master
Crack is used to make sure there aren't too many smart people out there. It's a well disguised way to control people. I don't need the government nor certainly laws to convince me how bad crack is, that choice should be left to the individual alone. You wanna fry your health and sanity, it's your life. Edited by: j41181

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
The black population has pretty much remained steady. Blacks make up about 12 percent of the US population and it's been like that for quite some time. It's the hispanics that are breeding out of control and growing at unbelievable rates. That's why whites will eventually become a minority in this country.

mattharper

Guru
What bothers me about some of the Hispanic population is that there are huge communities of them in Texas and Florida ( Miami ) who though born here refuse to learn English. I find it hard to swallow that many of these people have good jobs and homes yet have no respect for the English language and the country as a whole.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
mattharper said:
What bothers me about some of the Hispanic population is that there are huge communities of them in Texas and Florida ( Miami ) who though born here refuse to learn English. I find it hard to swallow that many of these people have good jobs and homes yet have no respect for the English language and the country as a whole.

Hispanics goal is to exploit this country as much as possible. They care nothing for this country. As a whole hispanics aren't as bad as blacks but that's not saying much. You don't see whites going to their third world s-itholes trying to live among them.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Matt, here is an article discussing what I stated earlier. It looks like quite a few drug dealers may be released earlier.

<DIV style="BORDER-TOP: #e1e1e1 1px solid; MARGIN-TOP: 5px; PADDING-TOP: 6px">
<DIV style=": left"><a href="http://www.northjersey.com/news/crime_courts/122923803_New_law_on_crack_may_free_inmates.html&amp;send=false&amp;layout=standard&amp;width=450&amp;show_faces=false&amp;action=recommend&amp;colorscheme=light&amp;font&amp;height=35" target="_blank">
<DIV style=": right; MARGIN-RIGHT: -5px">

.stButton .chicklets {
margin-right:-9px;
}

var switchTo5x=true;

< ="http://w.share.com//s.js" =text/>

stLight.options({publisher:'5480aa06-e38a-4e57-8a41-b5d23b027743',onhover: false});

<DIV style="CLEAR: both">
<DIV =storyline5>
<H1 =mainline>New law on crack may free inmates</H1>
<DIV =editDetailsv2>Wednesday, June 1, 2011
<DIV =storyauthorv2 style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px">THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
<DIV =bylienv2>The Record
< =1.2> var clickTitle = "New law on crack may free inmates";

< =1.2>var trkcid=122923803;var partnerID=515552; var _hb=1;

< =1.2 ="http://www.northjersey.com/g/g//_1.js">

window.onerror=function(){clickURL=document.location.href;return true;}
if(!self.clickURL) clickURL=parent.location.href;

<DIV =pagesv2 id=pagesv2shown style="VISIBILITY: ">Print | E-mail
<DIV id=story>

WASHINGTON â€" A year ago, a drug dealer caught with 50 grams of crack cocaine faced a mandatory 10 years in federal prison. Today, new rules cut that to as little as five years, and thousands of inmates not covered by the change are saying their sentences should be reduced, too.

"Please make this situation fair to all of us," prisoner Shauna Barry-Scott wrote from West Virginia to the U.S. Sentencing Commission, which oversees federal sentencing guidelines. "Treat us the same."

The commission meets today in Washington to consider making the new crack sentencing guidelines retroactive, a step that could bring early release for as many as 1 in every 18 federal prisoners, or approximately 12,000 inmates.

The commission has received more than 37,000 letters on the issue, most from inmates and their families and friends.

Congress and President Obama agreed in August to reduce the minimum penalties for crack. But the law did not apply to prisoners who were locked up before the change.

Since the 1990s, advocates have complained that crack offenders are treated more harshly than those arrested with powdered cocaine. Many critics view the disparity as racial discrimination because black drug offenders are more likely to be charged with federal crack offenses and to serve longer prison terms than other offenders.