Ted Nugent's comments about Barack Obama

Deus Vult

Mentor
Nugent is actually not a DC-gazing geek who believes legitimacy and government go together. Typically, his political gripes center around government(s) whose employed goons are hostile to his (and our) exercise of rights.

Ted is FAR from politically-sophisticated. His gonads, however, seem to be intact.

Obama, for the record, is only half-subhuman. ;-)

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Nugent is actually not a DC-gazing geek who believes legitimacy and government go together. Typically, his political gripes center around government(s) whose employed goons are hostile to his (and our) exercise of rights.

Ted is FAR from politically-sophisticated. His gonads, however, seem to be intact.

Obama, for the record, is only half-subhuman. ;-)

So far Ted is holding firm. His apology:

"“I did cross the line. I do apologize, not necessarily to the president, but on behalf of much better men than myself, like the best governor in America, Gov. Rick Perry, the best attorney general in America,â€￾ Ted Nugent said on the show of Ben Ferguson, a conservative radio host."

Ted is a faithful Republican, unable to see through the two party sham, but at least he has some enthusiasm and some balls.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Rick Perry, member of the CFR and Bilderberg, complete phony. Oh well, at least Ted does have cajones. I wonder if he reads anything enlightened or has any friends or confidantes who are aware.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
“I have obviously failed to galvanize and prod, if not shame enough Americans to be ever vigilant not to let a Chicago communist-raised, communist-educated, communist-nurtured subhuman mongrel like the ACORN community organizer gangster Barack Hussein Obama to weasel his way into the top office of authority in the United States of America. I am heartbroken but I am not giving up. I think America will be America again when Barack Obama, Eric Holder, Hillary Clinton, Dick Durbin, Michael Bloomberg and all of the liberal Democrats are in jail facing the just due punishment that their treasonous acts are clearly apparent. I would call it inflammatory speech when it’s your job to protect Americans and you look into the television camera and say what difference does it make that I failed in my job to provide security and we have four dead Americans. What difference does that make? Not to a chimpanzee or Hillary Clinton, I guess it doesn’t matter.

Aside from being on the correct side of the gun control issue, nearly everything I’ve read by Ted in the past has been utter NeoCon drivel. These recent comments are rather different, as they are clearly an expression of racial vitriol, thereby exhibiting the brand of public courage that nobody in “Corporation R†could possibly summon.

As Don mentioned, I wonder what he says and does in private? He’s probably a pretty cool guy who knows the score. For a celebrity, he might be the best representation our cause has. His defiance of the system is refreshing and his refusal to engage in the archetypal “white race pariah makes weepy public apology†circus is another brazen move.

Deus Vult

Mentor
Rick Perry, member of the CFR and Bilderberg, complete phony. Oh well, at least Ted does have cajones. I wonder if he reads anything enlightened or has any friends or confidantes who are aware.

Hard to imagine Ted reading anything heavy or even being much of a listener. He's too busy doing all the talking.

In this particular case, Nugent's apology goes not to the insults he directed toward Obama, Reid, et al, but to the candidates whose campaigns may have been tarred by association. Ted's praise of Rick Perry and the others was downright stupid. And worse, undeserved.

I was a Nugent fan in the 1970s because I was 13 and dug his naughty lyrics. By 15 or 16, I outgrew Ted's music and persona. As a guitar player, he was rendered irrelevant by Edward Van Halen, Randy Rhoads, Yngwie Malmsteen, Steve Vai, and other virtuoso rock guitarists. No longer could Ted boast of blowing away all other guitar players, as he declared in the 70's.

What is admirable about Ted Nugent is his "don't tread on me" streak. When Ted says he doesn't need a Second Amendment to tell him he (and every man) has an inherent right to defend himself and his family with weapons, he makes a very important point that is all too often underplayed or missed entirely by the learned sophisticates who write and speak on behalf of patriotism and gun owners' rights.

Yet he is far from learned or sophisticated in his paleo-libertarianism. Nugent cites Rosa Parks as a heroic figure. He waves the flag when DC's troops invade foreign lands. He gets flattered by attention from big shots like Rick Perry in his new adopted home state of Texas.

The only candidate near-worthy of Ted Nugent's support in Texas is Steve Stockman.