Ted Nugent

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
This could get very interesting, but note the "update" at the bottom:

Iowa paper reports Beck 8-28 speaker Ted Nugent said, "There's a lot of white people in this crowd -- I like that!"

August 20, 2010 12:05 pm ET by Eric Hananoki

<DIV =post-full>

One of the scheduled speakers at Glenn Beck's 8-28 "reclaim the civil rights movement"rally recently reportedly told an audience that he "like[d]" them because there were "a lot of white people."

The Telegraph Herald reported earlier this month that musician and conservative activist Ted Nugent appeared at a show in Dubuque, Iowa, and told the crowd, "There's a lot of white people in this crowd -- I like that! (Dubuque) is a white town." The Telegraph Herald added that "Nugent also pointed out at least one audience member and questioned his race." The Iowa-based newspaper also slammed Nugent's remarks in an editorial, and noted that Nugent has a history of incendiary remarks.

According to Glenn Beck, Nugent is scheduled to appear at his 8-28 rally, which falls on the anniversary of Martin Luther King's "I have a dream" speech. Beck has repeatedly talked about his rally in civil rights terms, and reclaiming the movement.

Nugent's "pro-white" remark was applauded by the website of the white nationalist, "pro-White" The Political Cesspool radio program. Nugent actually appeared on the "pro-white" show in November 2008.

The Southern Poverty Law Center notes that the show's guest roster is frequently populated with a "Who's Who" of radical racists such as "white supremacist" Sam Dickson; "white supremacist" Paul Fromm; former Klan leader David Duke; and "neo-Nazi activist April Gaede."

UPDATE 8/20: Dubuque365.com photographer Mark Dierker disputed the Telegraph Herald's Nugent quote, writing that "what I head [sic] him say in his opening monologue was this: 'Hey there sure are a lot of white people in this crowd. You need to do something about that.' He later said, heavy on the sarcasm, 'Dubuque is a white town.'"
http://mediamatters.org/blog/201008200023

whiteCB

Master
I love Ted Nugent. One of my favorite musicians of all time. Saw him in concert twice. The outdoors show I saw 2 years ago rocked my world. They had the 5 string bass going and were shredding his 70s hits like they were current rock songs today!!

Also Ted is just pure fun and laughs on stage. He'll hold up his gun and make fun of how "Europe can't have these[guns]". Then he'll talk about barbecue and eating meat all the while making fun of PETA (people for the ethical treatment of animals), Hilary Clinton, Nancy Pelosi, Jesse Jackson, and other idiot politicians.

LONG LIVE UNCLE TED!!!!!!!!!!
smiley32.gif

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
WCB, I saw him in concert too (circa 1986) & have always been a fan of his music. He's a bit of a NeoCON on some items (supporting Globalist shill, Bilderberg attendee Rick Perry), but right on the money regarding defense of the 2nd Amendment.

Deus Vult

Mentor
Ted's instincts are good; he's just not very politically- learned or sophisticated. His inclinations are patriotic; he is not a politician-worshiper!

I loved him in my early teens, in the 70's into 1981 or so. 1977-81 he was a major act. He was the testosterone in Damn Yankees, too -- kept them from being another wimpy pop-rock group!

Ted's pro- Rosa Parks comments, for example, demonstrate that he has some learning to do. But overall, I'd take Nugent over nearly any "conservative" figure.Edited by: Deus Vult

guest301

Hall of Famer
Cat-Scratch Fever, one of my favorite head banging songs of all time. Ted is the man. I would love to go on a hunt with that guy.

Solomon Kane

Mentor
I kinda like the motor city madman....I hope one day he realizes that the federal government (and its war without end foreign policy) is an enemyof the sort of rugged frontier individualism he tries to live out.

he is a good guitarist too--it's amazing how he makes a jazz guitar work in rock.

Deus Vult

Mentor
Ted was highly regarded as a guitarist until that bad ol' Edward Van Halen came along and raised the bar! Being quite the naturalist, Ted probably saw that it was one of those adapt-or-die moments; but he could not keep up, thus he became a nostalgia act. He set down the ES_335 guitars for a while (the big-body axe, which made feedback easier to summon), and used smaller, sleeker guitars.

I've seen Ted twice since 2001, and will probably catch him again is he come near my town. Would love to meet him and give him an earful over his misguided support for the DC government's war machine, and his foolish support for some of the Marxist Looter King/Rosa Parks movement.

Being from Detroit, Ted undoubtedly knows what a destructive proposition equal civil rights for Negroes was and is.

Charlie

Guru
The name of Nugent's early band, 'The Amboy Dukes', had an odd source. It was a 1948 (IIRC) novel by Irving Shulman about Jewish juvenile delinquents in Brooklyn during WW2. They deal in black market goods, murder an Irish-American school teacher, stab a Puerto Rican. With millions of copies sold it helped to establish the JD exploitation market in fiction and later in movies.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Charlie said:
The name of Nugent's early band, 'The Amboy Dukes', had an odd source. It was a 1948 (IIRC) novel by Irving Shulman about Jewish juvenile delinquents in Brooklyn during WW2. They deal in black market goods, murder an Irish-American school teacher, stab a Puerto Rican. With millions of copies sold it helped to establish the JD exploitation market in fiction and later in movies.

jewish juvenile delinquents? sounds like Satch and the Bowery Boys.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Interesting facts there, Charlie. I didn't know that about the Dukes. I actually like listening to their music better than Nugent's later stuff, with a couple of exceptions.

Deus Vult

Mentor
Ted's first solo LP was great. Then he made a couple albums with 2 or 3 good songs, and the rest sub-par filler. Then he went on a tear and made Weekend Warriors, State Of Shock and Scream Dream. Ted went on a roll from 1978-1980!Edited by: Deus Vult