Supa afflete supa genius Robert Griffin III scores 44 on the wonderlic

L

Lew

sorry I mean 24

Meanwhile, Luck scored 37 on the 50-question Wonderlic intelligence test, nine more than Manning.
The humble Luck has been compared to Eli Manning, another more reserved quarterback. Luck's style of unassuming leadership will be tested in the NFL."I don't think he's Peyton Manning, John Elway, Dan Marino, any of those guys," one seasoned scout said. "Those guys were special. I don't think this kid is special in any way except his intangibles."When Griffin (6-2 1/2, 223) ran the 40 in 4.36 at the combine, he might have become the fastest important quarterback of all time.To gauge Griffin's size and speed, consider how these players ran and measured shortly before being drafted:Cam Newton (6-5, 246) ran 4.58 a year ago. Aaron Rodgers (6-2, 223) ran 4.73 in '05. Michael Vick (6-0, 208) clocked 4.48 in 2001. McNabb (6-2 1/2, 223) ran 4.57 in '99.In '95, Steve McNair (6-1 1/2, 224) ran 4.65 and Kordell Stewart (6-1 1/2, 212) ran 4.52. Andre Ware (6-1 1/2, 215) ran 4.6 in '90. The Packers' Don Majkowski (6-1 1/2, 199) ran 4.83 in '87."Cam made Griffin some money because now everybody is looking at an athletic guy," said Don Gregory, the Carolina Panthers' director of college scouting. "Michael Vick made Cam some money. In the right offense, if you move him around and do what (Mike) Shanahan did with (Jake) Plummer, he'll be fine."Griffin was 3 inches better than Luck on the vertical jump and 4 inches worse on the broad jump. He scored 24 on the Wonderlic.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...tml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
By black black quarterback standards, a 24 is a supa score. I guess Baylor's classes must not be very difficult since this guy was such a "great" student. This guy is a media creation in every way imaginable.

Riddlewire

Master
Considering the way the NFL keeps changing the rules to enable poor quarterbacks to succeed, I'm not sure that he will fail.
He'll never win a Super Bowl, but if Disney (ABC, ESPN), Viacom (CBS), GE (NBC), and News Corp (FOX) believe that they need for him to be a star in order for them to sell more TV, then I'm sure they will find a way to make it happen.

L

Lew

surprise surprise he also has character issues

"He has better arm action and is more accurate with his deep ball, but he's not as good as Cam Newton," a fourth scout said. "As much as is written about his athleticism, his athleticism under duress in the pocket isn't even close to Cam Newton's. This guy, the only way he gets big plays with his feet is if he's got a wide-open field and the sea opens for him. He's got a little bit of a selfish streak, too. Everybody was laying on Cam, but for some reason this guy has become gloves off. He doesn't treat anybody good." Another scout also questioned the way Griffin deals with people.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Can't wait to see this overhyped joker fail for the Blackskins.
Baylor was always regarded as an academic school, at that time they had piss poor teams that were perennial doormats in the SWC. Recently both the basketball teams and football teams have become nationally ranked contenders and scandals have followed. I wonder if the degree and especially the post graduate degree that RGIII has or is pursuing is worth the paper it's written on........:wink:

dwid

Hall of Famer
"When Griffin (6-2 1/2, 223) ran the 40 in 4.36 at the combine, he might have become the fastest important quarterback of all time"

thats all I need to know that this scout is full of crap. It might have made him the fastest qb, but important? and hes actually not the fastest qb, Matt Jones would be among the top, but invited as a wide receiver. Btw, Griffin ran a 4.41 at the combine, not a 4.36. Jones ran a 4.37. Eric Crouch ran a 4.47, but some have timed him lower. I believe Vick ran a 4.33 so he would be the fastest, still doesn't make him important. Fans liked seeing him run around though. How did Cam Newton open things up? what about Jake Locker's 4.59? Griffin isn't a scrambler, he is a straight line runner. Newton is more elusive in making guys miss in the open field. So is Tebow, and even Big Ben. Michael Vick was elusive as well, I just don't see that type of elusiveness with Griffin.

foreverfree

Mentor
I noticed in footage of Griffin at Baylor that his Roman numeral was on his name line on the back of his jersey. Probably at his and/or his army sergeant parents' insistence.

BTW doesn't Comcast (not GE) own NBC now?

John

forty-four

Guru
I live in VA and Griffin has already been annointed as Prince of DC. Skins fans are drooling all over this guy. Many are thrilled that Colts will Luck so Griffin come to Washington! Sad, but true.

Riddlewire

Master
BTW doesn't Comcast (not GE) own NBC now?

I have no idea.
When you find the answer, you can try to decipher who's running the show in the Viacom-CBSCorp-NationalAmusement triangle.
Honestly, what difference does it make? They all serve the same master. :kev:

L

Lew

this thread is the third result when you google Robert Griffin wonderlic

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
By black black quarterback standards, a 24 is a supa score. I guess Baylor's classes must not be very difficult since this guy was such a "great" student. This guy is a media creation in every way imaginable.

Well stated. While 24 is a half-decent score (on average), it's an outstanding score for an afrolete. He's grossly overrated & will likely be exposed.

TwentyTwo

Master
Jake Locker ran a 4.52 at Indy Combine, but much faster electronically timed at 4.39...other Google articles say 4.59 which is not accurate...of course they never wanted to give Gerhart proper credit either.

ESPN's Mike Tirico was already touting the new schedule where we all get to see Vick, Griffin & Newton add another element to the game...

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
ESPN's Mike Tirico was already touting the new schedule where we all get to see Vick, Griffin & Newton add another element to the game...

Of course the only QB whose running led to success for his team==Tim Tebow has been eliminated from the equation by being replaced in bizarre fashion in the only way a winning QB could have been replaced--the extremely rare acquisition of one of the all time greats. It would be almost impossible to imagine a scenario in which a Griffith, Vick, or Newton, could lead their teams to the playoffs and in the offseason get replaced. In fact I submit that there is no plausible scenario in which such a thing could happen.