Sumo Watch

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Maybe Oher is broke already and needs to find a way to drum up cash. I suppose going after the people who prevented you from becoming a drug dealer and instead a successful college and NFL player is the way to go. Better than grand theft auto and drugs like Bashaud Breeland I guess.

Or commit fraud like Buster Skrine! Oher is leaving it to the lawyers to get more shekels!

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Maybe Oher is broke already and needs to find a way to drum up cash. I suppose going after the people who prevented you from becoming a drug dealer and instead a successful college and NFL player is the way to go. Better than grand theft auto and drugs like Bashaud Breeland I guess.
Can’t say I feel bad for the White “do-gooder” family. They did make a fortune off the sumo. I don’t think there a sympathetic figure in this equation.

Last edited:

white is right

Hall of Famer
I was thinking he is broke or near broke. I can't see the family seeing money signs with Oher as he was a the definition of a raw prospect if the movie scenes were accurate.

Most prospects don't pan out let alone the equivalent of a foreign national who just discovered football in high school. The conservatorship was done before any angle on money from a pro career was possible but it did limit his ability to contest a will upon the passing of both legal guardians/parents.

I really don't know what to think of this one but horning on in his NIL money wasn't or shouldn't have been a thought when this was drawn up.

Last edited:

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
I was thinking he is broke or near broke. I can't see the family seeing money signs with Oher as he was a the definition of a raw prospect if the movie scenes were accurate.

Most prospects don't pan out let alone the equivalent of a foreign national who just discovered football in high school. The conservatorship was done before any angle on money from a pro career was possible but it did limit his ability to contest a will upon the passing of both legal guardians/parents.

I really don't know what to think of this one but horning on in his NIL money wasn't or shouldn't have been a thought when this was drawn up.
Jason Whitlock to the rescue again. Read his article on this in the Blaze.....

FootballDad

Hall of Famer

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Dolphins cut sumo Geron Christian - 2018 3rd round draft pick that hasn't amounted to anything in the league. Another fine example of black mediocrity!

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Dolphins cut sumo Geron Christian - 2018 3rd round draft pick that hasn't amounted to anything in the league. Another fine example of black mediocrity!
Another SEC Sumo Bust. We might have to do a deep dive on how many sumo busts that conference produces.

jphoss

Mentor
Another SEC Sumo Bust. We might have to do a deep dive on how many sumo busts that conference produces.
Great point they always seem slow and out of shape. Draft cucks talk about their “athleticism“ but all I see are fat plodding blobs with heavy feet. Even the good black linemen like Trent Williams and ronnie Stanley went to school in the Midwest. And when you look at who makes all pro teams it’s almost always white midwestern guys

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer

Zach Wilson said some similar careless comments last year in the same media market and was ripped to shreds. Have to wonder what is going to happen with Neal. The fact the Giants whiffed on two overrated long armed sumo tackles.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...-neal-takes-aim-critics-spurns-opinions-sheep

Struggling New York Giants right tackle Evan Neal took aim at his critics, telling them to "boo louder," among other things, in an interview with NJ Advance Media on Wednesday.

Neal, the No. 7 overall pick in the 2022 NFL draft out of Alabama, was part of a Giants offensive line that allowed 11 sacks in a 24-3 loss to the Seattle Seahawks on Monday night. At halftime, he reacted to the boos from the home fans by gesturing sarcastically for them to bring more of the verbal discontent.

"They were booing us, so I said, 'Boo louder!'" Neal told NJ Advance Media on Wednesday.

This comes after a performance in which Neal, who insisted in the interview that he's improving following a rough rookie season, allowed a team-high seven pressures against the Seahawks, per Pro Football Focus. He has allowed 20 total pressures this season. Neal has a pass block win rate of 84.8%, which ranks him 39th of 65 qualifying tackles.

It has put the young lineman under the microscope. The Giants badly needed him to elevate his game in his second season, with the line already having serious questions in the interior.

But the critics have only seemingly come at Neal stronger, which he insists is something that's not among his concerns.

"Why would a lion concern himself with the opinion of a sheep? ... The person that's commenting on my performance, what does he do?" Neal said. "Flip hot dogs and hamburgers somewhere?"

Neal thought the boos that showered the Giants showed that some of the fans are "fair-weather" and "bandwagoners." New York went 9-7-1 and won a playoff game last season.

But the Giants (1-3) have been outscored 64-3 in their two home games this year. Both have been in prime time. The 18 sacks allowed in their first two home games is the most by any team in its first two home games since sacks started being tracked.

But Neal, who admitted he sees plenty of the nasty social media comments because he gets tagged, maintains that he's not all that interested in the outside opinion.

"Most critics really don't understand the game of football to the level that we understand it in this building," he said. "So why would a lion concern himself with the opinion of a sheep? I'm just going to focus on Evan -- and getting better. I honestly do not care what anybody has to say about Evan Neal, because they're going to talk anyway.

"At the end of the day, I put a lot of good things on film. But people are going to go and find the bad reps, and that's what they're going to highlight. That's what they're going to put out there. I can't control that. So why should I care?"

Bucky

Hall of Famer
NYG really did their psych evaluation on this clown! Anytime I hear a dbag refer to themselves in 3rd person, immediately a red flag.

jphoss

Mentor
Here is his draft profile for everyone who wants a good laugh. According to the scout, despite Neal not participating in the nfl combine nor Alabama’s pro day, he is “tremendously athletic”! Overrated since he was in high school being ranked the #1 tackle despite wearing 390 lbs! But his arm length and big hands were too much for the giants to ignore.