stupid afaletes

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
if you watch or play as much sport as i do, you're bound to see some really dumb stuff, primarily by certain members of a certain racial persuasion.
smiley2.gif
i recently saw one of the dumbest things i've ever seen in the NBA...

watching NBA highlights the other day, i saw Nate Robinson of the Knicks, in a game that they were losing at the time, try a dunk-contest type move on a breakaway. he attempted a high-bounced alley-oop pass to himself!
smiley36.gif

of course, he was called for traveling, but he missed it anyway (just like all those misses he had in the dunk contest last year) and New York turned the ball over.
smiley36.gif
not surprisingly, head coach isiah thomas didn't bench him, and his black teammates all thought it was funny.

i was just curious to some of the most ridiculous things that you guys have seen on the field, court, or whatever.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Hey Chimmy, I'm sure glad you gave an example of those "certain" people because I was thinking one-eyed Lithuainian weightlifters.
smiley36.gif
Anyway, I have seen some stupid stuff too, probably too many to sort through. One would be a few weeks ago when some black college kick returner/"skill player" caught the ball deep in the end zone and then slowly came out, then was forced back in by the defense and tackled for a safety. It was hilarious! I have seen many ultima-bonehead plays by blacks who usually walk off with a deer in the headlights look and often hit themselves on the helmet.
smiley36.gif

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Don't forget the guys who just this past Sunday couldn't wait for the play to be over before spiking the football.
smiley36.gif
smiley11.gif

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
I think what bugs me the most is unsportmanlike penalties at crucial times that are just flat out friggin' stupid. I'm not talking about bad call late hits that are questionable I'm talking about childish bouts of temper that explode at the wrong time and ruin a teams chance to win. There are so many black that do this and their coaches should crucify their ass but what do they do? Make up some lame excuse and try to protect the guy.
smiley7.gif

Bronk

Mentor
jaxvid said:
I think what bugs me the most is unsportmanlike penalties at crucial times that are just flat out friggin' stupid. I'm not talking about bad call late hits that are questionable I'm talking about childish bouts of temper that explode at the wrong time and ruin a teams chance to win. There are so many black that do this and their coaches should crucify their ass but what do they do? Make up some lame excuse and try to protect the guy.
smiley7.gif

Oh Jax, you said it.

I remember watching Texas-OU games knowing I could count on at least one dumbass 15-yarder out of the Sooner's undisciplined black defenders per half. I swear, they almost never let me down, God bless 'em.

This is the opposite of the now-classic split-end flag throw gesture if a defender even gets close enough to breathe on the little darling.

jcolec02

Mentor
how bout when aaron brooks was at his own 20 yard line...the ball was snapped, he dropped back to pass, felt heavy pressure....then turned around and threw the ball thru the back of his own endzone!!!
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
Edited by: jcolec02

The Giant DL who just let Vince Young go after having both arms around him. It cost his team the game, about the dumbest play I have seen in almost 50 years of watching football.

devans

Mentor
French Soccer star Zinedine Zidane's headbut in the World cup final vs Italy.

C Darwin

Mentor
I would like to dedicate this pic to devans.
smiley4.gif

102857888_8543479e47_o.jpg
Edited by: C Darwin

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Ground Fighter said:
C Darwin said:
I would like to dedicate this pic to devans.
smiley4.gif

102857888_8543479e47_o.jpg

Is that Don Beebe in that pic?

Uh... yes? LOL That is the infamous play where he ran down Leon Lett in the Super Bowl. Lett had recovered a fumble and was showboating on his way into what he thought was an easy touchdown. Beebe ran him down, batted the ball out of his hand and through the back of the endzone for a touchback. Has to be one of the most memorable sports moments of all time - especially for caste footballers!

C Darwin

Mentor
Ground Fighter said:
Is that Don Beebe in that pic?

Oh yes, and the infamous Leon Lett. He also blundered a punt
return when the Cowboys played the Dolphins. I didn't think it would
be right without having a pic of Leon on this discussion string. Edited by: C Darwin

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i can't believe i posted this subject, and then the very next day a black "super afalete" from my own university committed possibly the absolute dumbest thing i've ever seen in collegiat athletics...

reggie fish, of the university of arkansas, tried to over-the-shoulder catch a punt at his own 4-yard line, muffing it of course, and fumbling it away into his own endzone. Florida recovered for the score and it cost Arkansas their chance to win the SEC Championship. wow!
smiley5.gif

devans

Mentor
Thanks for the Beebe pic.
I watched that game live in the early hours of the morning and that play was a small consolation for the bad result and bad performance from the team I was supporting.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Jimmy Chitwood said:
Florida recovered for the score and it cost Arkansas their chance to win the SEC Championship. wow!
smiley5.gif

And put Florida into the BCS Championship game.