Strikeforce: Barnett vs. Cormier

Zeus

Guru
Yeah, Dos Santos is white. But to the general public and DWFs he is "Hispanic."
But perceptions are everything and to a DWF or general white sports fan watching in a bar while munching chips, guzzling cheap beer and wearing a Michael Vick jersey, Mir will be "the white guy."

Mir's dad is a white Cuban

Mate let me make clear what I mean in here. To me a white man is someone by blood, DNA and genes.........I don't care what Jewish propaganda does to manipulate the typical sports fan in a bar, who probably lacks of basic education. The fact that he's wearing a Michael Vick jersey speaks volume. Why do you think Jews had it so easy to manipulate a whole society, especially in the US? The specific sports fan you are describing, probably is rooting with a passion for a totally black dominated team of USA in basketball, against fully white teams ala Greece, Spain or Argentina. Those (self loathing liberals in most cases) people are part of the problem and equally guilty with all those Jews, for the whole multiculturalism and "diversity" anti-white terms in our western modern world........I don't give a damn about them and their opinion. My point is that if one is white, then he's white and his nationality or "culture" doesn't matter. It doesn't matter if you are English or German or American or Brazilian or Australian, if you are white, you are white, period, it's a matter of genes. Also it's a little contradicting saying that the dad of Mir is awhite Cuban, because to the same "sporting fans" you just described, that would be equal to a "Hispanic" as well.
Really what DWFs means?

Last edited:

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Zeus, that "who's White and who's not?" question has been beaten to death here at CF. :deadhorse:

Some say any/all jews are not White, while others says some jews (Harrison Ford, etc.) are White. In the way of some MMA fighters it (too) varies. My half cent is I do NOT think Cain "Brown Pride" is White, but do think Mir is. JDS can pass for White but may have some admixture. As for JDS vs. Mir...I'll likely pull for JDS as I think Mir's an arrogant d0ucheb@g (but has solid submissions & some improving striking).

At certain times, I'll pull for fighters with admixture IF they're fighting affletes....i.e. - Machida vs. Evans & Kos vs. Anthony Johnson. Another example...if Nate Diaz faces Ben Henderson (if Ben beats Edgar), then I'll pull for Diaz. One occasion I pulled for the fighter (that may have admixture (1/16 native American)) vs. the "Whiter" fighter....Dan Henderson vs. Bisping. That was because I've always liked Hendo and believe Bisping to be a loud-mouth j@ck@$$. I consider Hendo to be White, although he looks a bit native American. So, I always pull for White fighters. :)

Last edited:

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Apparently both Cormier and Barnett are going to UFC.

I'm glad to see the Babyface Assasin back in the UFC. If he works on his takedown defense and striking, he might be able to make a run at the belt. He'd have a hard time against Mud Pride, but I'd like his odds against JDS, Silva & Overroid.

Anak

Mentor
I'm glad to see the Babyface Assasin back in the UFC. If he works on his takedown defense and striking, he might be able to make a run at the belt. He'd have a hard time against Mud Pride, but I'd like his odds against JDS, Silva & Overroid.

Why would you favor him against JDS but not Cain? JDS has Chuck Liddell tier TDD, but much better boxing. Barnett is a great submission grappler on par with Mir and Werdum. If Cain tried to take him down there's a good chance he'd be submitted. Cormier likely would have been submitted too if Josh didn't break his hand in the first 30 seconds of the first round.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Why would you favor him against JDS but not Cain? JDS has Chuck Liddell tier TDD, but much better boxing. Barnett is a great submission grappler on par with Mir and Werdum. If Cain tried to take him down there's a good chance he'd be submitted. Cormier likely would have been submitted too if Josh didn't break his hand in the first 30 seconds of the first round.

If Cormier outstruck Josh, JDS would too (much more). I don't think JDS' TDD is on Liddell's (prime) level. He's only fought two top tier wrestlers...Mud Pride and Carwin. Cain didn't attempt a takedown and Carwin tried only after being battered. I think Cain would take Barnett down & work G&P from the top, and Josh's guard game isn't as good as his top or side control. I believe IF Barnett took JDS to the mat, he'd sub him. Cain has better wrestling and ground control than JDS.

I also think Mir can sub JDS if it goes (& stays) on the mat. That being said, I predict a JDS victory via KO or TKO in the 1st.

Anak

Mentor
Cain did try to take him down, he grabbed his leg after JDS kicked him, but JDS was too fast and agile for Cain to do anything with it. There aren't any HW wrestlers with good enough striking to set up takedowns against JDS.