Stop listening to Rush says Powell

Bart

Hall of Famer
Poor Rush.He is getting dissed rather badly be General (Affirmative Actioned) Powell. Up until the election, Limbaugh was one of Colin's most ardent supporters.Lesson learned? I doubt it.

[url]http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/12/11/powell-gop-p olarization-backfired-in-election/ [/url]

(CNN) â€â€￾ The Republican party must stop "shouting at the world" and start listening to minority groups if it is to win elections in the 21st century, former Secretary of State Colin Powell said Thursday.

In an interview with CNN's Fareed Zakaria for Sunday's "GPS" program, President Bush's former secretary of state said his party's attempt "to use polarization for political advantage" backfired last month.

"I think the party has to take a hard look at itself," Powell said in the interview, which was taped Wednesday. "There is nothing wrong with being conservative. There is nothing wrong with having socially conservative views â€â€￾ I don't object to that. But if the party wants to have a future in this country, it has to face some realities. In another 20 years, the majority in this country will be the minority."

Powell, who crossed party lines and endorsed President-elect Barack Obama just weeks before the election, said the GOP must see what is in the "hearts and minds" of African-American, Hispanic and Asian voters "and not just try to influence them by... the principles and dogma."

"I think the party has to stop shouting at the world and at the country,"Powell said. "I think that the party has to take a hard look at itself, and I've talked to a number of leaders in recent weeks and they understand that." Powell, who says he still considers himself a Republican, said his party should also stop listening to conservative radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh.

"Can we continue to listen to Rush Limbaugh?" Powell asked. "Is this really the kind of party that we want to be when these kinds of spokespersons seem to appeal to our lesser instincts rather than our better instincts?"

Zakaria's full interview with Powell will air Sunday at 1 p.m. ET on CNN.

Solomon Kane

Mentor
this is hilarious---since Colin Powellhas always been celebrated by neocons and radiocons as a "cool" black republican who symbolized how "hip" the new republican party was.

Now he's openly trashing all of his toadies.

what will do you do now, rush, laura, monica, sean???? Can we expect a solemn repudiation of the modern republican party?

or will you counsel the party return to its real strength?---whites!

Powell has it all wrong. Minorities can join the Repubs. All they have to do is accept american values.

Fareed Zakaria...world's dumbest man, especially on the subject of Islam. Don't get me started on him.

guest301

Hall of Famer
I guess Powell supports the passage of the "Fairness Doctrine" now and I predict the libs will try to shut down talk radio in the next four years but they will fail. The liberals ALWAYS overreach, they can't help themselves.

Colin Powell is just another name in the list of ne'er-do-wells who the Republican party touted as their pets because of their race. Powell, Keyes, Watts, Rice... On the other hand, for all of the white neocons, and the neocon radio talk show hosts, who did nothing but lick the black asses of the aforementioned people, many a smart white listener knew the score and didn't buy the message. This contributed to the lessening of the party's structure, along with resentment from old school white Republicans over immigration, "compassionate" conservatism, among other things.

I take it Powell would rather us listen to a leftist black radio talk show host than someone like Limbaugh. Is that the best he can do? And notice how he reminds us that we'll be a minority in the next few decades? I pity any White who thought this man was the greatest thing since yams, okra and black-eyed peas.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Screw the Republican Party. They deserve whatever they get.

Quiet Speed

Mentor
Secretary of State Colin Powell said Thursday...

But if the party wants to have a future in this country, it has to face some realities. In another 20 years, the majority in this country will be the minority."

James Carville was at some forum with Newt Gingrich echoing the same thought. C-Span aired the discussion last night. He said the Republican Party had better do something. What can they do, become the party of Bobby Jindal, Michael Steele, and Anh Joseph Cao?

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Quiet Speed said:
Secretary of State Colin Powell said Thursday...

But if the party wants to have a future in this country, it has to face some realities. In another 20 years, the majority in this country will be the minority."

James Carville was at some forum with Newt Gingrich echoing the same thought. C-Span aired the discussion last night. He said the Republican Party had better do something. What can they do, become the party of Bobby Jindal, Michael Steele, and Anh Joseph Cao?

Jindal, Steele, etc. are all Globalist pawn Neocons. The GOP is the flipside of the coin to the DNC...controlled by the same Elite Ma$ters. If the GOP wanted to truly right itself, they'd embrace the paleoconservative plaform of Constitutionalist Ron Paul...which those frauds will NOT do.
smiley21.gif

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Dear god, Colin Powell DEFINES affirmative action. The funniest thing is, he actually thinks he's "earned" everything he's got. What a stooge.

That worthless, boring old turd was handed his job directly because of his race and still has the nerve to b*tch. What a girl. BTW, 99.99% of white people are darker than this venerable Washington "black man." That pathetic old coot is even lighter than the first woman president, B.O.

Physical appearance, ideals, family, friends, political values....none of that matters when the powers-that-be dub a person "african american." The criteria for being AA is as simple as being 1/100th black.

Powell was yet another empty head, with an empty name, in an empty suit. Yet your typical white morons have infinate respect for this little puppet-boy.

colin_powell_official_secretary_of_state_photo_small.jpg
Edited by: Thrashen

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
it's not just Colin Powell who is whining about Rush. now, the illegal President has put Rush Limbaugh in his sights.

White House plan puts bull's-eye on talk shows
Posted agenda issues warning about new 'obligation' review

------------------------------------------------
Posted: January 26, 2009
8:29 pm Eastern
By Bob Unruh
© 2009 WorldNetDaily

The White House is promising new reviews of the "obligations" to the government by broadcasters who "occupy the nation's spectrum" just as the president has targeted conservative talk radio icon Rush Limbaugh for a public attack, raising concerns over the possible restoration of the "Fairness Doctrine," a policy that failed as unneeded and unconstitutional two decades ago.

Paul Ibrahim of NorthStarWriters.com cited Obama's warning to congressional Republicans that "you can't just listen to Rush Limbaugh and get things done" in suggesting the president has become the "driving force" because a new "systematic" plan to "intimidate and demonize Obama's opponents."

That such a campaign was launched only days after Obama's inauguration is "tremendously perturbing," he wrote.

"Welcome to the politics of hope 'n' change. Obama's startling attempt to hang Limbaugh's scalp on the wall is a warning that the new ruler does not want unity - he demands it," Ibrahim wrote ...

of course, the illusion of a legitimate two-party system is just that: an illusion, as this well-researched column attests.

... The Republican Revolution was a failure from the beginning. The Contract with America that was introduced by the new Republican-controlled Congress in 1995 was bogus because it focused on reforming government agencies and programs instead of eliminating them. It was pointed out in 2000 that "the combined budgets of the 95 major programs that the Contract with America promised to eliminate have increased by 13%." ...

Okay, let's take two of the worst pieces of legislation passed during Clinton's first two years. Did the new Republican majority in the 104th Congress repeal the Family and Medical Leave Act (PL 103-3) or the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act (PL 103-159)? Of course it didn't. Just like it didn't repeal the Motor Voter Act (PL 103-31) or the Violence Against Women Act (PL 103-322)...

what happened when the Republican-controlled Congress finally got a Republican president? We got an unprecedented increase in the welfare/warfare/surveillance/nanny state. First came the ignoble USA PATRIOT Act (PL 107-56). This was followed by the No Child Left Behind Act (PL 107-110). Then came the Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution of 2002 (PL 107-243), which gave us the senseless, immoral, unconstitutional, unjust war in Iraq that has already cost the American taxpayers about $1 trillion. Although the seed of the Iraq War was planted by the Iraq Liberation Act (PL 105-338), that was also passed by a Republican-controlled Congress. And then there is the Medicare Prescription Drug, Improvement, and Modernization Act of 2003 (PL 108-173) - the largest expansion of the welfare state since the Great Society. Even LBJ would be shocked at the cost of this welfare scheme...

... one statistic is all it takes to see that there has been no limit to the growth of government under the Republican Party - the national debt. Consider the following:

*On the eve of the new Republican-controlled Congress in 1995, the national debt was just under $5 trillion.
*At the time of Bush's first inauguration in 2001, the national debt stood at $5,727,776,738,304.64.
*At the time of Bush's second inauguration in 2005, the national debt stood at $7,613,772,338,689.34.
*On the day of the 2006 midterm elections, the national debt stood at $8,592,561,542,263.30.
*On the last day of Bush's second term, the national debt stood at $10,626,877,048,913.08.

Who is responsible for this tremendous increase in the federal debt? Not the Democrats. Not Bill Clinton. It is the party that laughingly said in its 2004 platform that it was committed to "lower taxes, limited regulation, and a limited, efficient government." Yes, the same party that helped the Democrats pass the Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008 (the Bailout Bill).

But is this really a surprise? ...

Just look at the Republicans' latest outrage: the confirmation of Hillary Clinton as Secretary of State. Since the day her husband became the president, the personification of evil according to all Republicans has been Hillary Clinton. So, what did the Republicans do when Mrs. Clinton appeared before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee to receive the first vote toward her confirmation as secretary of state? With but one exception (David Vitter of Louisiana), the Republicans on the committee voted for Hillary. Then, when the full Senate took a vote on Clinton's confirmation on January 21, only two Republican senators (the aforementioned David Vitter and Jim DeMint of South Carolina) voted against her. During the presidential campaign, before it became evident that Barack Obama would get the Democratic Party nomination, John McCain never ceased to remind us how bad it would be if we voted for Clinton instead of him. And then he turns around and votes for her confirmation for secretary of State.

This, of course, does not mean that I prefer the Democratic Party. There is not a dime's worth of difference between the Democratic and Republican Parties. Neither party is the lesser of two evils; they are both pure evil. ...

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Thanks for posting this Jimmy. My Dad was telling me about this last night. I'll say that Rush is probably too much of a hack to do anything substantive about this. I doubt he will change his tune on most issues, no matter what they say about him.

DWFan

Mentor
OldSchoolBoy75 said:
Colin Powell is just another name in the list of ne'er-do-wells who the Republican party touted as their pets because of their race. Powell, Keyes, Watts, Rice... On the other hand, for all of the white neocons, and the neocon radio talk show hosts, who did nothing but lick the black asses of the aforementioned people, many a smart white listener knew the score and didn't buy the message. This contributed to the lessening of the party's structure, along with resentment from old school white Republicans over immigration, "compassionate" conservatism, among other things.

I take it Powell would rather us listen to a leftist black radio talk show host than someone like Limbaugh. Is that the best he can do? And notice how he reminds us that we'll be a minority in the next few decades? I pity any White who thought this man was the greatest thing since yams, okra and black-eyed peas.

Keyes is a neo-con? Ugh. I used to think he was a good dude when I was much younger. I didn't have the Internet then and could only go off his interviews on television.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Powell was already on Rush's (and the ditto heads) sh*t list for endorsing Obama so this is a no brainer for him. It actually helps Rush because it will give credence to the view that Rush is the "other" side. No one cares what Powell says anyway. He's been conservative too long to get any love from the libs and the R's see him as a traitor now. The only ones that listen to him is the media. Smiling negro and all that, although by mid-summer most whites are darker then him.