Squeaky wheels

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
If white players were more brash and demanded the ball more do you think it makes a difference in how much playing time they receive?

Black players, like Keyshawn "Gimme the damn ball" Johnson, Terrell Owens, Randy Moss, et al, are in the huddle demanding the QB throw them the ball every pass, and complaining they're OPEN on every play. Somehow, I just don't see guys like Boerighter or Tim Dwight doing the same thing.

It seems to me that:

Black players who complain get the ball more.
White players who complain get kicked off the team.

What are your observations?

White_Savage

Mentor
Most white men will never exhibit TNB, because of their internal sense of proper behavior. For example, most white men will actually stop to ask themselves whether or not they were actually open before screaming "I WAS OPEN!", and that makes them just too darn "slow" on the lip to be high-level NFL prima donnas. I think it's because white men are too stiff in their truth joint
smiley4.gif

Those white men who do exhibit TNB will always recieve contempt from other men, because on a sub-conscious level we've come to expect it from ********, but assume a white "knows better".

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I agree with you White_Savage. I think it's almost a lose-lose situation either way it goes.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I agree that it'sa lose-lose situation right now. Clowns like Keyshawn and Owens get endless media attention. On top of that Owensis rewarded withcorporate endorsements, while Keyshawn gets a broadcasting gig from Fox two days after the Bucs fired him for his behavior. A white player exhibiting the same traits would get the kind of hate treatment Bill Romanowski receives from fans and the media times about 10.

WS is right too that it is despicable behavior. What is needed is to change the attitude of fans toward white athletes, then such disparities in standards and behaviors will begin to disappear. Wouldn't it be nice if the fans actually were demanding that talentedguys like Boerigter and Curtisget the damn ball more instead of guys like Reggie Williams and Koren Robinson.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
There's no doubt that would help, but that would require a fundamental change in the media, because they are responsible for making the situation as it currently is. Doing this is a serious challenge.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Speaking of media, I caught some of the "Herd" on ESPN's morning radio show today. The host was playing a call in game in which he announced a certain crime and the caller would have to answer with the name of the NFL player who committed it.

The first player in the game was Jamal Lewis.

The second?

Bill Romanowski.

Bill's infractions included punching a teammate, spitting on an opposing player, and "running a pharmacy from his locker."

These infractions, in the eyes of the host, were on par with such crimes as: possession with intent to distribute, domestic violence, assault and battery, and the use of drugs such as marijuana and crack cocaine, not to mention murder.

All of which were committed by BLACK players in the NFL.

I say if a guy like Romanowski is the worse example of bad behavior by a white athlete that they can come up with, we're doing quite well, thank you very much.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I agree with that WS! It's a pretty meaningless comparison when you think about it. That's just the state of the Caste System and their willing accomplices in the media.