Sports Talk Radio

SteveB

Mentor
My job requires me to be in my car on the road alot, so today I was listening to the different sports talk stations while I was driving. The national sports talk radio shows were in disbelief about what happened in sports this past weekend. The main topics were Mike Tyson and the Detroit Pistons. Whether it was Jim Rhome or Trey Wingo (he was on for Dan Patrick), they were in total disbelief about the Tyson loss and the total spanking the Pistons are taking. They gave no credit to McBride or the Spurs. They kept making excuses for both losers. It really rocked their world, that Tyson would lose so easily to an unknown white boxer. It was kind of humerous listening to them whine. It goes to show that the media has a big role in shaping the public perception of sports and race.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
You are right on the money about that SteveB. It proves what Don and everyone on here have been trying to get people to understand for 2 years. It was a great weekend for me, even though I had to do school work. It was very satisfying, but I hope it doesn't stop there. I hope it keeps rolling and rolling, just like the mighty Mississippi River!
smiley4.gif

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Hey Steve
do you remember any of the anecdotes or comments they made? I'd be interesting in hearing some of what they had to say.

SteveB

Mentor
These are not quotes, but the gist of what was said:

Jim Rhome on NBA playoffs: The Spurs are not that good, just the Pistons aren't playing as a team. The refs aren't giving them a break.

Trey Wingo on Tyson: Tyson has always had trouble with tall fighters.

On one show (can't remember which)they compared McBride to an overweight plummer. A caller did suggest that Tyson could fight in the UFC to make money to pay his debts. To Wingo's credit, he did say that Tyson would get killed in the UFC.

bigunreal

Mentor
I heard Jeremy Schaap, who got his well-paid job by being the son of
the late white-hating "journalist" Dick Schaap, put on quite a
performance during an interview on the horrible "Mike and Mike" ESPN
show. He kept saying, with half disdain and half trying to be humorous,
"I mean- KEVIN MCBRIDE? Come on!" He must have said this six times, as
each of the lame wanna-be comedians named Mike giggled like
schoolgirls. McBride has hardly been mentioned at all since winning the
fight. It's amazing- even when a white guy actually defeats a black
icon like Tyson, they are given absolutely no credit.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I have one thing to say to Mike and Mike and Jeremy; micronuke in your head!
smiley36.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Most of these sports talk show hosts don't know how to think on their own. It's just like so many liberals I know. They just spit out a bunch of propaganda that they heard someone else talk about. These Caste System groupies really are a scourge to free thinkers everywhere.

Bart

Hall of Famer
I tuned in to Chet Coppock this evening and heard him whining about the lack of black interest in baseball. He said he went to a Chisox game and out of 40,000 fans there couldn't have been more than a 100 blacks. He said we have to start marketing the game to African-Americans and reach out to them. We have too many team announcers and broadcasters who are white, that won't do in this Hip- Hop era. Baseball has inner city outreaches and various programs but those aren't enough we need more bla, bla, bla.

I am beginning to deeply despise these media twits!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
If they would only leave people to do what they want to do and let freedom reign, things would be fine. To much coercing going on. You think the some folks would remember what reconstruction caused in the south. I guess getting people to think is too much to ask.