DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer

Ambrose

Master
Below is a link to a good article on modern sports idolatry. I largely concur, as (thanks to CF) I've grown to despise jock sniffing DWFs.

http://www.selfreliancecentral.com/...m=email&utm_campaign=170716SRCNEWOPENSDB2NSA4

Good find there Dixie. Oddly enough, on this site, a site of sports, most here have no fan interest in sports but we observe sports knowing the cult-influence sports has on the weak minds of a third of the masses. But there are many smartening up. Story of one below.

A Relevant Story
Other day overheard a conversation between a rough hewn roofer and a man in a suit. Suit man said to roofer, who was of Portuguese origin: "So you follow the Portuguese premiere league don't you (soccer)?"
"No. Don't care about it," said roofer.
"What do you mean? Thought you guys go crazy for soccer?"
"Not me. Don't give a chit. Why should I pay to watch those ******** kick a ball? They won't pay a dollar to watch me lay a shingle!"

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
That was a good article. I grapple with myself on how much time I invest in sports from time to time. I spend time with my family, play sports, workout but also do enjoy being a spectator when our guys are on the field. Any "hometown" affiliations have long since been wiped away for me as I reached the same conclusion as the article does when talking about the abirtrary nature of that concept. I see so many people who just blindly follow a team, player or certain sports league like a complete zombie.

Alot of my sports watching when having to see all of that upside, affoeticism, poor fundamentals, bad mechanics and everything else that the magical race brings to sports has made me more and more of a critic - I enjoy pointing out how bad many of them are and as I get older have less and less of an issue pointing out the sheer idiocy of the caste system. For me I view the discrimination of the white athlete as a cause I will fight against and although it may seem a tad bit arbitrary I do feel that sports reflect what society believes. I think white kids need people who look like them playing sports so they can make that obvious racial connection.