"Slow" whites and shootistry.

White_Savage

Mentor
http://www.bobmunden.com/

The website of Bob Munden, world's fastest gun.

"On one segment of American Shooter Bob fired 2 shots and hit two separate, 14" x 24" steel targets with .45 caliber bullets so quickly that the shots could not be recorded by a computer timer."

I've seen him draw and pop two small ballons with two shots, so quickly the human eye and ear mistakes it for a single shot, so quickly the lapse between the first and second balloon popping is difficult to determine, in even slow motion replay.

http://www.donrearic.com/twodeadlymen.html

This is interesting. Scroll down and have a look at the motion-capture photograph of FBI Agent "Jelly" Bryce drawing and firing. Another of those "slow" white guys.

Interesting stuff in its own right, but it also proves a point. These two men are superb but not totally unique in their gun handling abilities. There have been many wizards of shooting, almost all of them white. Which is why I don't tend to believe racial theorists, white or black, who suggest whites suffer from slower reflexes.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Good post White_Savage! I have never thought of comparing that to the arguments made against whites lack of fast twitch capabilities. These guys shooting prove it's a bunch of hooey!

Great post...I'm a huge shootist fan, as you can tell by my screen name...Bob Munden is awesome....Another person who is making a huge name for herself lately is Annie Bianco Ellett...She's the Annie Oakly of today...

Where's all the black gunslingers???? LOL!!!!!! Guess their hand times aren't as fast as their 40 times....Edited by: Doc Holliday

Bear-Arms

Mentor
Doc Holliday, was a bad shot according to the history channel.

Bear-Arms said:
Doc Holliday, was a bad shot according to the history channel.

Didn't see that episode but I have heard that before...

From the gunslinger books I've read it seems like it had to do with how much alcohol was in his system....On one of his arrests he drew his guns and missed from about 5 feet away....But when he was sober and living in Colorado a guy drew his gun on the bartender and Doc purposely shot the guys gun out of his hand from across the entire saloon...That takes incredible skills....

He was also said to be faster with a knife than a gun...

I personally like the fearlessness he seemed to have.....

Wyatt Earp said he was the nerviest speediest man with a six-shooter he ever knew...