Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Good one whiteathlete33!
smiley36.gif

Even if it wasn't for doing steroids. Edited by: Colonel_Reb

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Which is the white one?

These suspensions were for diuretics not steroids.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
The long snapper, Bryan Pittman, is white.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Thanks for the info on Pittman, Reb.

I noted that the suspensions were for diuretics, but the diuretics are banned, I believe, because they are masking agents for steroids. So although the ban isn't 'technically' for steroids, one can be pretty sure that these men were, indeed, 'juicing.' I should have clarified that in my earlier post. Instead I came across a bit terse, and for that I apologize.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
No problem Shogun. Funny how the racial angle of these types of stories are always "lost" on the media.
smiley5.gif

backrow

Hall of Famer
as far as i know it was something illegal in the supplement they were all taking openly, StarCaps (for a weight loss. Bumetanide was not actually listed as an active ingredient and it wasn't on NFL banned substance list either, as far as i know, although it must be now.

so i don't think it's necessarily the case of juicing, it's just a huge lawsuit waiting to happen.

white is right

Hall of Famer
I doubt they would get caught for juicing as most guys probably have sources for designer steroids. If you have seen photos of Deuce McAllister these days he looks like he is going through male menopause....
smiley36.gif
Diuretics are any easy way out of aerobic activity.

Skipperron

Guru
A judge has just issued a hold on those bans. His actions tell me that nothing will probably come of these suspensions. I could be wrong but doubt it. Look, the rules say if these diuretics are in their bodies then they are responsible for their actions. Therefore they should be punished. So why does this judge block the NFL's punishment?

Hey, I have a solution. Just punish the white player and let the black ones go. That would make everyone happy, right?

Ibanez

I personally think that steroids and similar aids should be 100% legal with a medical doctor's supervision.

There is an entire culture of fear built up in the general public to view steroid users etc as horrible evildoers etc (ethical concerns), OR the other viewpoint is that they are terrible for the body (biological concerns), which is completely false.

Ethic concerns are quite valid-- it is very unfair to have some people use those aids and compete against others who do not use them.

On the other hand, the biological concerns simply do not exist when steroids are used under supervision.

There has been a heavy amount of steroid and similar drug use for many decades now, yet the people against steroids all point out flimsy hearsay evidence against their use. Lyle Alzado (sp?) and his brain tumor is consistently brought up for instance. Nonsense.