Site Speed

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Do you find Caste Football to often be slow to download? Sometimes it's fine, but too often it runs very slow. I'm trying to figure out if it's a server problem that affects everyone or just my local service. Please share your experiences.

icsept

Master
Earlier today the site was very slow. That was the first time I've had a problem with the site speed. And, now its normal again.

Bart

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
Do you find Caste Football to often be slow to download? Sometimes it's fine, but too often it runs very slow.

Yes, I also noticed it was quite slow earlier today.Late in the evening it often tends to drag.

whiteCB

Master
YES!! Right now it is slower than usual to say the least. The other web page I'm running now at the same time is pretty fast. I don't know what's up.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Sometimes it's slow for me too but it may be the server I'm using.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Bump

How about some more input. I wasn't referring to just yesterday but in general. Do you find this site to be slower than other sites when you visit it?

Rise

Guru
Don,
It seems to be intermittent for me as well. Some days no problems, other days it takes over a minute to proceed from post to post.

jared

Mentor
Same as above, usually runs just fine. I'd say about 15% of the time it runs exceedingly slow even though my connection is running great for other sites.

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
Sometimes I find it slow. I just assumed it was overloaded with Google spies at those times.
smiley2.gif

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I can't quantify it as a percentage but yes, sometimes the site runs very slow. I hit 'active topics' after viewing a thread and occasionally it appears I have been logged out of the system as the 'active topics' last login time changes without me actually leaving the site.

Once in a while I will attempt to load CF and a blank white screen will load with some type of error code as well. Next time it happens I'll write it down and post it here when the site is back up.

p.s. Also, sometimes it takes forever to post a reply or new topic.

Edited by: White Shogun

guest301

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
Bump

How about some more input.  I wasn't referring to just yesterday but in general.  Do you find this site to be slower than other sites when you visit it?

Don, most of the time I use a public library computer and/or laptop on site and Caste Football has been much slower coming up than any other website I frequent. It's been that way for three months. Occasionally it will be at the same speed as the other sites but more times than not I have to wait a while(10 seconds) for each CF page to come up. These are high speed computers at the library and so I don't know what would be the problem.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
CF is slow at times, although it does vary.

Menelik

Mentor
Today CF is running REAL slow for me. Most times the speed is normal but never super fast. I'm using a cable modem btw.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Supposedly the server that CF is on is being worked on, but I'm told the site may continue to be very slow until Monday or so.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Thanks for the info Don. I have noticed it being very slow most of today as well.

G

Yes, the site has been very slow for me over the past week or so. I've only recently joined but I've been a regular visitor for some time now and never had that problem before.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Yesterday and today the site is much slower than I've seen it before.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
in answer to the original question, yes. sometimes the site is INCREDIBLY slow to load.

i travel quite a bit, and thus i use a wide number of servers to log on. sometimes CF loads incredibly fast. other times, though, it is so slow as to not load at all. i don't know the reason(s) behind that, but i have experienced the problem quite often.

it is bizarre.

a-train

Guru
Don Wassall said:
Do you find Caste Football to often be slow to download?  Sometimes it's fine, but too often it runs very slow.  I'm trying to figure out if it's a server problem that affects everyone or just my local service.  Please share your experiences.
Sorry Don never checked out Happy Hour,computers are not my speciality.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Caste Football was put on a differentserver late last week. I've noticed a huge improvement in site speed, hope everyone else has too!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
Caste Football was put on a differentserver late last week. I've noticed a huge improvement in site speed, hope everyone else has too!

I have Don. It is working much better for me so far.