Simmons on Patriot linebackers

Bart

Hall of Famer
Bill Simmons ESPN columnist had something to say about the Patriots linebackers.

I can't believe San Diego didn't give LDT 35-40 touches when he was running for six yards a carry and threatening to break every screen pass for a TD. Seriously, which slow white guy was beating him to the corner last Sunday -- Bruschi, Vrabel or Izzo?

white is right

Hall of Famer
Simmons is big into stereotypes. I recall him hating heavyweight boxing because of the Russians. Also he loves gambling and writes all the time about hitting Vegas for poker tournies and doing 6 bangers(6 team parlays not a 7some.....
smiley36.gif
). I wonder if he is hungover or high when he writes some of the columns.

Alpha Male

Mentor
Is Bill Simmons black or white? Doesn't matter really, either way, he is a complete douche. I'm so sick of the media's stereotypes.It's refreshing to watch UFC where the announcer's give unbiased commentary. They often use word's like "explosive," "athletic," "tremendous speed" to describe white fighters.Edited by: Alpha Male

Deacon

Guru
Larry Izzo is a special-teams player and doesn't play a down on defense, so what in the hell is Simmons talking about?!

white tornado

Mentor
Patriots have two black and two white linebackers. Vrabel, and Bruski are widely known to be the best but somehow they were the ones who couldn't stop LT. The other two linebackers are magicaly excused from any blame.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Most of this guy's columns are written tongue-in-cheek. We're talking about the Sports Guy, right?