Should Vick have been executed?

GridironGrits

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Video-FOX-News-analyst-thinks-Vick-should-have-?urn=nfl-301412&cp=3#comments Hey guys do you agree with Tucker Carlson in this video?? I wanted to get everyones opinion. And by the way Im GridironGrits, and Im new here but have been lurking for quite some time. Nice to be a member finally.
smiley1.gif

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Welcome to the board. Is the question should Vick have been executed for the crime he was charged with? The crime "Conspiracy to Travel in Interstate Commerce in Aid of Unlawful Activities and to Sponsor a Dog in an Animal Fighting Venture" was prosecuted under the federal "racketeering" laws which is one of the many ways the gov't sidesteps the constitution. I doubt that there are many people that feel someone should be executed for gambling so I guess all the hate is directed at him because of his cruelty towards dogs.

While I agree that the cruelty he showed towards his dogs is sick and depraved I could not myself possibly justify the execution of a human for their treatment of an animal. If that is to be the case then deerhunters beware. Furthermore the dogs were his property and thus his to dispose of as he wished. My personal feelings were that the only price he should've paid was public shaming and humiliation.

Many would disagree with me and insist that the govt bring some kind of punishment down on him. (as they did). But what was the result of that? He did his short sentence, paid his fines, and supposedly his debt was paid, and now he is back to being rich and famous. However if nothing had been done then there would have been a very vocal group that would insist on continuing the shaming process and making it very difficult for him to ever play football again.

GridironGrits

jaxvid said:
Welcome to the board. Is the question should Vick have been executed for the crime he was charged with? The crime "Conspiracy to Travel in Interstate Commerce in Aid of Unlawful Activities and to Sponsor a Dog in an Animal Fighting Venture" was prosecuted under the federal "racketeering" laws which is one of the many ways the gov't sidesteps the constitution. I doubt that there are many people that feel someone should be executed for gambling so I guess all the hate is directed at him because of his cruelty towards dogs.

While I agree that the cruelty he showed towards his dogs is sick and depraved I could not myself possibly justify the execution of a human for their treatment of an animal. If that is to be the case then deerhunters beware. Furthermore the dogs were his property and thus his to dispose of as he wished. My personal feelings were that the only price he should've paid was public shaming and humiliation.

Many would disagree with me and insist that the govt bring some kind of punishment down on him. (as they did). But what was the result of that? He did his short sentence, paid his fines, and supposedly his debt was paid, and now he is back to being rich and famous. However if nothing had been done then there would have been a very vocal group that would insist on continuing the shaming process and making it very difficult for him to ever play football again.
I think your right. I agree with you Jaxvid.

C Darwin

Mentor
maybe if ron mexico murdered a white woman, tucker wouldn't have such strong feelings about the matter. i'm sure he would be saying "let the system do it's job.". has he ever had an opinion on rae caruth?

anyway, i 'm sure we can all agree that those words are not his own and the situation is contrived to create some sort of response.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
C Darwin said:
maybe if ron mexico murdered a white woman, tucker wouldn't have such strong feelings about the matter. i'm sure he would be saying "let the system do it's job.". has he ever had an opinion on rae caruth?

anyway, i 'm sure we can all agree that those words are not his own and the situation is contrived to create some sort of response.

I am almost definite that the Rae Caruth's girlfriend was black.

C Darwin

Mentor
i'm sure she was too. so why is tucker being selective on what issues he 'calls for the rope'?

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Excellent post, jaxvid. Our "correctional system" is a joke, anyway. At this point, I really don't hold QB Dog Killer's past misdeeds against him nearly as much as the current MSM deification of him. I just want to see epic fail, and then we can move on from there
smiley1.gif

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Where was Carlson's "death sentence"Â￾ proposal back in 1998 when Rams defensive end, Leonard Little, killed a white woman (who had a young son and husband at the time) while driving DUI? Little didn't serve a minute of jail time, and was charged with another DUI several years later. Like Ron Mexico, Little exhibited true remorse. This is merely example of literally thousands of "black athlete transgressions"Â￾ that were more disturbing than DogBoy's nauseating ruthlessness.

As CDarwin mentioned, the white race is filled with awe-inspiring sympathy for anything and everything"¦accept for its own continuation. As the Jewish Talmud frequently mentions, the goyim are merely tools to be used by the elite.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
FootballDad said:
Excellent post, jaxvid. Our "correctional system" is a joke, anyway. At this point, I really don't hold QB Dog Killer's past misdeeds against him nearly as much as the current MSM deification of him. I just want to see epic fail, and then we can move on from there
smiley1.gif

Agreed. The system has been broke for decades but the caste system media's infatuation with Vick is the most revolting aspect of the whole sordid ordeal. I too am waiting for the imminent collapse and the time when south of the border is just another player, also ran, has been, etc.

whiteathlete33 said:
C Darwin said:

I am almost definite that the Rae Caruth's girlfriend was black.

Yes, she was black.

LabMan

Mentor
Ron Mexico has a friend............!in the White house,recently Barry called the owner of the Eagles to commend him for reinstating this quarterback,who is being figured out by NFL defenses as each game is played,no beer summit was needed!

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
...maybe keelhauled, but not executed.
smiley2.gif

The rich and famous have always enjoyed a different Justice system than the rest of us. I would not execute dog fighters but I would have no problem with placing them in a UFC type cage with another dog fighter and have them fight until one of them is knocked out or unable to continue. This would continue until they either won three fights and became a "Grand Champion" at which point they would be released until arrested again or they died.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Bear baiting Ron Mexico would be great....
smiley2.gif
Give him a slingshot like David for a weapon...
smiley2.gif

I think you misunderstand me. I would do the same to a white who fights dogs. I have a hard place in my heart for people who deliberately harm pets, children, the disable or old people.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Here is a letter that was sent to my local paper. Pretty good stuff if you ask me.

Regarding "President lauds Eagles" (Sports, In Case You Missed it, Page S-2, Dec. 28):

Jeffrey Lurie, owner of the Philadelphia Eagles, an organization
desperate for a Super Bowl championship, took a "win-at-all-costs"
attitude and signed quarterback Michael Vick.

Although he is undoubtedly a great player, no other team in the
NFL would touch him with a 10-foot pole because of his past heinous
acts.

Now that Vick is flourishing, President Obama has commended
Lurie's actions, as if he is some kind of a humanitarian for giving Vick
a "second chance."

The president's comments are insulting.

Society is quick to applaud sinners and criminals who attempt
"comebacks" and to ignore hard-working citizens who lead law-abiding
lifestyles â€" people who don't resort to the type of horrible actions
that Vick admitted to (and for which he served time in prison). To laud
Lurie's purely opportunistic actions is to promote a bottom-line
attitude that has no place in sports.

Before Obama goes out of his way to pat Lurie and Vick on their
backs, he should consider those of us who don't need second chances
because we would never consider hanging or drowning a dog or using
breeding (aka "rape") posts in the first place.

Salvatore Rozzi

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
While I agree with the sentiments in the letter, the mention of "rape" posts is kind of silly. What are male dogs now supposed to follow the "no means no" of female bitches in heat? Silly add on to an otherwise good letter.

I am with you on this one jaxvid. i am not sure I can conceive of what would constitute canine rape. Dogs have had their mates selected by their owners since there have been dogs. If you want an in heat female to breed to a certain male just confine them until she reaches her peak heat. She will at that point breed with any male available. Hence the derogatory term used for women of being a "bitch in heat"