Shad Bride

Riddlewire

Master
Search didn't turn up his name on CF, which is a little surprising. Anyway...

Shad Bride
Class of 2009
2008-03-22_223133_shadbride.jpg

St. Johns, Arizona
5'11", 190lbs.
Rushing:
2,100yds, 186 carries, 40TD, 11.29avg
Receiving:
7 receptions, 107yds, 1TD, 15.29avg
KO:
9 returns, 223yds, 24.8ypr, 91lng
LB:
99 tackles, 2 fumble recoveries
Track:
100M - 11.18 (Sophomore)
200M - 23.14 (Sophomore)
Long Jump - 17'11.5" (Freshman)

He's also on the wrestling team.
And I found this little gem. In one game last season, he had 201 yards and 4 touchdowns... on nine carries.
smiley32.gif

Edited by: Riddlewire

Riddlewire

Master
After the crushing disappointment of last season, I'm under no illusion that star players like Shad will receive any scholarship offers to play college football. I'll settle for following his senior season and honoring his accomplishments in whatever way I can.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Track:
100M - 11.18 (Sophomore)
200M - 23.14 (Sophomore)
Long Jump - 17'11.5" (Freshman)

Those track numbers certainly aren't "elite"; especially the Long Jump, but he was only a Sophomore and a Freshman when he posted those. If Shad ran for over 2,000 yards and 40 TDs on 11.3 YPC; this guy clearly has that "it" about his game. You don't run for 11.3 YPC in H.S without elite talent.

My guess is Shad probably has a great burst, vision, cutting ability and tackle breaking ability to get those numbers. Your median "starting" Div. IA college RB runs a PB of about an 11 flat 100 meter though (10.9-10.8 or so PB in the Pros), so Shad will have to get his time down this year, b/c white players always have to do more unfortunately to get a look. But if McGuffie can run a 4.32 40 yard with a PB of 10.86 in the 100 meters, I don't see why Shad couldn't be timed at at least 4.5 flat over 40 yards this year if he has "even close" to the burst of McGuffie. Good luck to Shad.

Any highlight videos Riddlewire? Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

Riddlewire

Master
None that I can find.
However, his junior year track numbers have been posted now.
100M - 11.16
200M - 22.86
He's improving.

G

Playing in 2-A won't help his cred. St.Johns usually runs up the score on a bunch of tribal teams in the regular season (they are in the small space between the Navajo and Apache reservations), and they don't get challenged until the playoffs. They belong in 3A, where their peer group would be the powerhouses of Show Low, Blue Ridge, Snowflake, Payson, and so on.

I vaguely remember a guy from St. Johns making the pros a few years back. Do you remember who that was?Edited by: 89Glory

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Shad ran a 4.55 at the Scout.com Combine a very solid number. I hope his home-state Arizona gives him an offer. White Justin Salum is still listed as a RB on their roster.

Shad also ran a 4.19 short shuttle, a fabulous number and posted a 34 inch vertical which is also a good number. This guy absolutely dominated Arizona H.S football. He'll have to do it again and impress at camps and he might get an offer.

Riddlewire

Master
Mid-season performance update on Shad.

Game 1:
18 carries, 107yds, 2TD

Game 2:
22 carries, 154yds, 1TD

Game 3:
21 carries, 286yds, 4TD

Game 4:
10 carries, 235yds, 4TD

Game 5:
6 carries, 178yds, 3TD

Game 6:
11 carries, 174yds, 3TD

Game 7:
They won 77-0, can't find stats yet.

Season (through game six):
88 carries, 1134yds (12.9ypc), 17TD, 189ypg

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
This kid appears to be quite the stud RB the way he is dominating. Thanks for the update Riddlewire.

It's sickening this kid still has no offers. He ran a solid 4.55 at the Nike H.S Combine, but his Short shuttle was what impressed me most. I hope a Div. IA team out west offers this kid. There are enough racist teams like Oregon out west that Bride should stay clear of. A school like USC, which probably won't offer anyway, would be the wrong choice for him because he will have no shot to start at RB. I hope Bride finds some good offers and chooses wisely where he goes.

Riddlewire

Master
It appears that St. Johns is vastly superior to their conference opponents. The scores for their last four games are 70-6, 61-6, 77-0, and 82-0. So it's hard to credit Shad for stellar performances in those games. However, at the beginning of the season, when they were playing better non-conference competition, he performed equally well. In any case, I found the stats for his two most recent games and I'm updating his numbers here.

Game 7:
5carries, 160yds, 4TD

Game 8:
5carries, 149yds, 5TD (yep, a TD every time he touched the ball
smiley1.gif
)

Season:
98carries, 1443yds, 26TD, 14.72ypc(!), 180.4ypg

Ktown Bulldog

The former NFL player out of St. Johns was Marcus Bell. He was very similar to Shad Bride and ended up an all-Pac 10 linebacker at U of A in Tucson. He was drafted by the Seattle Seahawks and played a few years before calling it a career. I believe he now lives in Tucson.

Shad is running out of games to try and tie or break the career TD record in the state of AZ, which I believe is 85.

I watched him in the state finals last year against a pay-to-play church school (AZ Lutheran) and he was amazing. His supporting cast was vastly undersized, but had great technique. Coach Mike Morgan must be a heck of a coach.

I believe the Redskins will run the table and repeat as 2A champs w/ Shad repeating as Small School Player of the Year.

Though under a different coach now, I believe U of A has to show some interest in him. If not, BYU would be a natural fit for this white stud.

Go Shad! Go Skins!

K-town Bulldog

Edited by: Ktown Bulldog

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Ktown Bulldog said:
BYU would be a natural fit for this white stud.

If he is a Mormon then maybe, but BYU under Bronco is big on the P-backs (polynesian). I don't want to be too quick to judge him for it, but we'll see what happens with J.J. Diluigi next year.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Shad Bride finished the season as Arizona's rushing leader with a whooping 2570 yards on a ridiculous 13.2 yards per carry and 42 TDs. He helped lead St. Johns to a perfect season record and a repeat 2A state title.

Now here is blatant proof of the caste system. Shad outrushed fellow Arizonian Beau Burton who finished with 2417 yards on 9.2 yards per carry and 30 TDs and has much better measurables. Shad ran a 4.55 40 at the Scout.com combine. (This is better than ESPN #1 overall/ #3 Scout.com RB Jermie Calhoun who ran a 4.62 last year at the Scout.com Nike Combine).

Beau Burton ran a 4.78 40 at 5'11 210 lbs. Similar sized Shad ran a 4.55 at 5'11 200 lbs. Yet Burton has 3 Division IA offers to Utah, Colorado State and UNLV. The only advantage Burton has over Shad is that he plays 2 levels up in Group 4A in Arizona; where his team became State champs again.

I have watched Shad's highlight tape and he has great feet and hits the hole fast and hard. His burst is very impressive and his change of direction is good enough to suit him fine in the FBS. You can see this guy could be a star in Division IA. He ran a 4.19 Short shuttle and posted a 34 inch vertical and a 9'2" broad jump. These are numbers that Burton couldn't touch. Yet Burton has 3 offers and Shad has zero.

So Texas Tech/ Maximus what's the story here? What is going on? Still believe there's no caste system?Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

Riddlewire

Master
Wish I was posting with better news, but still no scholarship offers for Shad yet.
I just wanted to mention that there are some excellent highlight videos of him up on Youtube (that I think were put up by Shad himself).
This one in particular is excellent. I also recommend the highlight film of the 2007 state championship game where Shad runs back a kickoff 91 yards for a touchdown.

The sad thing is that his fellow All-State running back, a 5'4" black shrimp, has a football scholarship, but still nothing for Shad.

johnnyboy

Guru
this kid is getting screwed. he's a legit D1 rb prospect. i say walk on at North Texas. i guarantee in one season he'll have a full scholarship.

Riddlewire

Master
Shad has signed a LOI to play for Northern Arizona.

At least In The Bleachers gets it. I've noticed they're a bit like the Draft Daddy of high school football. Far more fair to all players, regardless of skin tone.

Talk About getting no respect. After leading the state of Arizona in rushing last year (2,570 yards, 42 TDs) and posting very respectable numbers at a Scout.com combine over the summer (4.55/40, 34′ vertical), St. Johns' Shad Bride was holding out for an FBS offer before signing day. But his recruitment will end today as he faxes in his LOI to Big Sky up-and-comer Northern Arizona after the 5′11 senior failed to garner any FBS interest. What more does a kid like this have to do?

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Oh boy, a 5'10" 193-pound linebacker. Another one for the all-snubbed list.

Pigskin27

I happen to know Shad pretty well. Everything you guys have mentioned is true. He had a good spring camp and had some impressive runs. At exit interviews they told him he would need to switch to safety. He is pretty discouraged by it all. Another white back is not coming back, he will go back to california. Incidently, all the backs they are going to keep are Black, as is the running back coach. None of them are bigger, faster, or stronger than Shad. Pretty sad.

Ok guys, so if he transferred, where could he get a fair chance?

johnnyboy

Guru
Pigskin27 said:
I happen to know Shad pretty well. Everything you guys have mentioned is true. He had a good spring camp and had some impressive runs. At exit interviews they told him he would need to switch to safety. He is pretty discouraged by it all. Another white back is not coming back, he will go back to california. Incidently, all the backs they are going to keep are Black, as is the running back coach. None of them are bigger, faster, or stronger than Shad. Pretty sad.
<div> </div>
<div>Ok guys, so if he transferred, where could he get a fair chance?</div>

tell him to walk on at BYU.

the most important thing is to ask the head coach of whatever school he's looking at, if he has a problem with playing white runningbacks. then you can go from there.

Highlander

Mentor
Any Big 12 North school. Colorado State, BYU, Wyoming, Montana. If he has the grades and money, most Big 10 schools. WAC Schools or other Mountain West schools. Stanford, again, if he has the grades and money. Rice perhaps? That's where McGuffie is. Iowa Haweyes, Nebraska. The Academy Schools (Army, Navy, Air Force).

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Highlander said:
Any Big 12 North school. Colorado State, BYU, Wyoming, Montana. If he has the grades and money, most Big 10 schools. WAC Schools or other Mountain West schools. Stanford, again, if he has the grades and money. Rice perhaps? That's where McGuffie is. Iowa Haweyes, Nebraska. The Academy Schools (Army, Navy, Air Force).

That pretty much covers it. Weber State is a FCSschool out west and that's where Trevyn Smith a white RB recently just graduated from. It's slim pickings for white backs but he has a much greater chance of seeing the field at any of these schools who have actually played white RB's in recent years.. Tell him to keep his head and that we(Castefootball) know of him and his talents and see him getting screwed.

Highlander

Mentor
Another decent opportunity I just thought of may be with Ohio U. Solich is relatively White-friendly and started a White running back (Josh Davis) in 2004 while at Nebraska. Also, Solich himself was a back in College (a Fullback....at 153lbs).

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I've watched his highlight tape recently. I don't know if this kid would be a "star" in the FBS like I stated, but he'd be a very solid RB to have in the rotation for almost any team in the entire FBS and could probably be the #1 back on some teams (so he is quite the talent). Very sad that he is getting screwed. Your friend Shad is lucky to have a friend like you Pigskin27. It's too bad American football and basketball are a cesspool of AA bull$hit.