Safety

lumsdenpower

Mentor
This position is really poor in white starting..That make me sick..After receiver and RB and CB, I thought this position is the worst for a white talented...A lots of guys like Lynch,Archuleta is here just waiting for chance..
This guys have the skills for being the BEST DB in NFL and one of the better defensive play maker..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJoBLwsLdbs
He juste need a FAIR chance

voice

Guru
thanks for posting that..Awesome

backrow

Hall of Famer
Zbik might be the next great one... if he's given a proper chance, that is! i love this guy and the song they used for highlights is perfect for him as well... "back off, i'll take you on, headstrong, i'll take on anyone"

good luck Tommy!

lumsdenpower

Mentor
He will never back off, Zibby is a tough one..He can hit hard,play great coverage,great skills,great speed and great moves..That will not surprise me if he was RB in past..

Triad

Mentor
Nice video.
I would bet money on Zbik being a better running back than Walker.

lumsdenpower

Mentor
backrow said:
actually he was a scrambling QB in high school
I will love to have a QB tough like that
smiley36.gif

by the way, Do you think he will be a First round choice?

backrow

Hall of Famer
he will most likely be late second/early third rounder, which means he will be a freakin steal for a team that gets him (i prey for Bucs to take this guy and Leonard as well - reminiscent of Lynch and Alstott)...

as for white safeties in NFL it's a dying breed... we have stars: Lynch and Archuleta, Schweigert is almost there as well but after that? Kaesviharn plays with Bengals, Russell plays with Browns and that's about it for starters at the moment...
and there's not that many talented white back ups - Todd Johnson and Jon McGraw are playing some but not enough, they could easily be top safeties in the league...
Matt Giordano, Aaron Francisco, Sean Considine are getting some playing time but will they have a chance to actually start one day? Ethan Kilmer, Eric Smith play very little, even for rookies...
Nick Turnbull and Dustin Fox dwell on practice teams with few others...
Matt Bowen hasn't played this season, Kevin McCadam is getting screwed over in Carolina...

it's not too bright of a picture for white defensive backs...

backrow

Hall of Famer
Bengals have just promoted safety John Busing (Miami Ohio) to their active squad;

Busing, a converted LB, has got a good combo of size (6'2", 222)and speed and he brings a total of white safeties to 3 (E. Kilmer and K. Kaesviharn)... Lewis also lets LB Caleb Miller play quite a lot so it's not all bad on Bengals defense which also features their sack leader Justin Smith. Bad luck they lost their starting OLB David Pollack for a season.Edited by: backrow

backrow

Hall of Famer
35 year old Vincent was signed by Redskins... watch him replace Archuleta...

ASHBURN, Va. (Oct. 16, 2006) -- After six weeks of letting receivers run unfettered through the secondary, the slumping Washington Redskins tried to address the problem by signing five-time Pro Bowl defensive back Troy Vincent.

Vincent, whose 47 interceptions ranks second among active players, was released from Buffalo Bills' injured-reserve list last week. The 15-year veteran hurt his hamstring in preseason and aggravated it in the season opener against New England, but he said last week he had fully recovered and was ready to take offers from other teams.

Vincent, 35, joins a team that has spent heavily on safeties and cornerbacks, only to watch them allow more passing plays of 20-plus yards (25) than any team except Green Bay. The Redskins (2-4) ranked 23rd in the league in pass defense, and they lost on Oct. 15 to a rookie quarterback (Vince Young) starting for a winless team (Tennessee).

Vincent had a strong season last year, with a career-high 102 tackles and a team-high four interceptions with the Bills. The No. 7 overall pick by Miami in 1992, Vincent played four seasons with the Dolphins and eight with Philadelphia before joining Buffalo in 2004, where he switched to free safety after spending his first 12 seasons as a cornerback.

Vincent was surprised when the Bills placed him on IR last month, given that his injury was relatively minor, but the team said it needed to clear a roster spot for other purposes. He was released Oct. 12 and had planned visits to several NFL teams.

The Redskins need help as much as anybody, both at safety and cornerback. The defense has only two interceptions this season, and one of those was by a lineman.

Adam Archuleta was signed to the richest contract given to a safety in NFL history in the offseason, but he has struggled in pass coverage and hasn't been a force as a run-stopper. Third-year safety Sean Taylor was expected to establish himself as one of the best in the league this year, but he has lacked his usual ferocity and has also been susceptible to passes over the middle. Nickel safety Pierson Prioleau was lost for the season opener with a knee injury in the opening game.

Shawn Springs, the team's only shutdown cornerback, made his season debut Oct. 15 after missing the first five games with abdomen and groin injuries. Even then, he played in only nickel packages, and he said today he might need another week or two before he's fit enough to play an entire game.

Second-year cornerback Carlos Rogers has been a disappointment. He broke his thumb in the Titans game, but the initial prognosis was that he would not miss a game.

Free-agent pickup Kenny Wright lost his receiver on a fourth-down play against the Titans, allowing a 23-yard completion on a key drive. The performance of another new acquisition, Mike Rumph, has been such a letdown that he was made inactive for the Titans game.

Vincent was at Redskins Park and was expected to talk to reporters later today.

His first assignment will be a tough one -- the Redskins will face one of the top passing offenses Oct. 22 when they visit Peyton Manning and the Indianapolis Colts. It will be Vincent's 200th NFL game.

Vincent also is the president of the NFL Players Association.

G

I saw Sean Considine go in for Michael Lewis in the Eagles/Saints game. I read some fanasty reports that said he might start for Lewis but I think that's a long shot. Anyone know anything about Sean Considine? He looks pretty white to me.

backrow

Hall of Famer
lol

he is white... been playing more and more recently, and yeah he will be eventual replacement for Lewis (until they find someone ahem, more athletic
smiley11.gif
)

very good tackler, a quality that seems to be on a decline amongst the chosen people of th NFL, so he might have a shot

ocaamikedm11

Mentor
Honestly, I hope the skins cut Archuleta so that he can go to a more white-friendly team.. not that the bears are much more white-friendly, they also tried to get archuleta.. imagine archuleta and urlacher... i wouldn't want to run in the middle of the field on them 2! Or maybe the Saints could pick him up..
smiley2.gif

Arch isn't going anywhere. He'll the be the league's highest paid special teamer.
smiley19.gif

ocaamikedm11

Mentor
For the rest of this season, yes... but they certainly would cut him after the season if he is just on special teams...

backrow

Hall of Famer
they can't just cut him... that would be a big salary cup hit. so he's stuck with Redskins... i also hope that he won't lose his spot, in the article they mention that taylor has been very disappointing as well... plus Vincent at this point of his career will be a nickel safety, probably, although who knows...

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
a safety that should be getting more playingtime, but not at safety, is Jon McGraw. the guy is too small and too tough for his own good to play safety. that's why he's always hurt. but he ran a 4.3 on his pro day, and rumor has it that he actually has played corner in practice and looked outstanding. only his skin disease prevents him from making the switch.
smiley11.gif

whiteCB

Master
I for Vincent to be the Nickle guy. I'm really not worried about this old fart taking Adam's starting spot.

ocaamikedm11

Mentor
Cutting a guy a year after they signed him a big contract is pretty common in the NFL and the cap hit isn't too severe usually..

white is right

Hall of Famer
No guys get cut all the time. A percentage goes against the cap. Really only his signing bonus is garanteed money.

backrow

Hall of Famer
guys, guys... if he is one of the better paid safeties in the league, the hit would be VERY significant...

Bear-Arms

Mentor
Todd Johnson should be getting significant playing time now that Mike Brown is out for the season.

backrow

Hall of Famer
let's see if Mike Doss being out for a year will get Matt Giordano some playing time