rough week for black QB’s

referendum

Mentor
This subject is truly becoming one of my favorite topics, as it exposes the stupidity, or willfull anti-white spitefullness of certain teams, showing how some teams would rather lose than start a white QB. Of the starting 6 black QB's in week one, their rankings in the QB rating were as follows, Gerard no. 14, Jackson 17, Mcnair 21, Mcnab 23, Cambell 28 and my personal favorite Vince Young coming in at no. 31 in the overall QB standings. All except Gerard threw at least one interception, and Mcnair lost three fumbles as well.
I believe Campbell will actually be a better QB as he is similar to good white QB's, but I'm just loving the performance of Young. Can't wait to see how he does this Sunday.
Also, rating of Tavaris Jackson basically shot up due to great run by Peterson on a shovel pass from Jackson, which technically counted as a 50 yard TD pass. Without that he'd be much further down.

backrow

Hall of Famer
Young can have 10 games with a terrible rating, as long as he breaks a long run every now and again, media will love and cherish him anyway.

If you use Ron Mexico as the measuring stick, Young can look forward to putting up horrible numbers and a mediocre record for the next half decade before he is removed from the category of "elite" players.

Edited by: reclaimsocal

referendum

Mentor
Very true, but the thing is, over time, when year after year, these incompetent black QB's lead their team to defeat after defeat, over time, perhaps, the message may start to sink in that the proto-type black QB is a losing proposition. I'm probably being optimistic, but lets see what happens.

G

The standard sports media tactics in 2007:

If the black quarterback played well but his team lost, then his team lost the game and let him down. It wasn't his fault, he played great.

If the black quarterback played bad but his team won, then he won the game, not his team, and "all he does is win games".

If the black quarterback played bad and his team lost, then say nothing. Find the white quarterback who played the worst and make fun of him instead.

yanling

Guru
Be careful!

To call black quarterbacks out on their ineptitude would be racist.

Now, if they want to call each other</span> inept, than that's okay. But not okay for you to do it.

It's a black thing.

Angelcynn

Guru
nevada, I hear you loud and clear, what you said is so true. I've noticed Rex Grossman gets more stick from the pundits than all the black QB's put together!

G

maybe because he throws more INTs and turnovers than all the black QBs put together?

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Nice screen name there Clayton, but come on, Rex isn't that bad.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Clayton Bigsby said:
maybe because he throws more INTs and turnovers than all the black QBs put together?

Grossman in his first year as a starter threw 23 TD passes.

Byron Leftwich -- Mr. Immobile's career best is 15

Steve McNair -- 16 last year, career best 24

Michael Vick -- career best 20 last year

Donovan McNabb -- more than 25 TD passes just once in his career

Tarvaris Jackson -- let's not even go there
smiley36.gif

Goodbye, low IQ troll.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
There is never any mercy for struggling white players, but pathetic blacks who play for years with the lowest QB ratings are mysteriously overlooked.

G

lol i like this thread... the amount of hype they give to black players is ridiculous.

you have to admit though, rex has kind of earned his bad name. he destroyed everything his defense worked for the whole season, getting to the Super Bowl. and in the biggest game of his life, he blew it. how do you throw 2 INTs in the 4th quarter of the SB, when your team needs you the most.

imo grossman is a horrible quarterback. he could be successful in the future, but right now i feel the Bears need to make a QB change.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
It was his first year as a starter. Repeat, it was his first year as a starter. The kid for all intents and purposes was a rookie last year. A black QB who in his first year as a starter helped get his team to the Super Bowl would be the toast of the national media and lots of drunk white fans would be wearing his jersey.

yanling

Guru
Ryan Leaf is the quintessential white quarterback who behaved much like any number of current black quarterbacks or players in general, attitude and all.

Leaf sucked and is rightfully living out his prime athletic years in obscurity.

Immature black players with nary a whit of Leaf's physical talent are given many more chances based on their potential.

Bear Backer

Mentor
Guests said:
lol i like this thread... the amount of hype they give to black players is ridiculous. you have to admit though, rex has kind of earned his bad name. he destroyed everything his defense worked for the whole season, getting to the Super Bowl. and in the biggest game of his life, he blew it. how do you throw 2 INTs in the 4th quarter of the SB, when your team needs you the most. imo grossman is a horrible quarterback. he could be successful in the future, but right now i feel the Bears need to make a QB change.

Of course Grossman has played extremely bad at times, and he has earned his bad name, but that is not the point. The point is black starting QB's are given the luxury of being bad for years and years while still recieving praise from the league. Rex in his first true year as a starter showed signs of good and also signs of bad, he threw 23 touchdowns but all you hear is pretty much negative regarding him out of the media and it is the same thing for other young white QBs who struggle. Eli Manning has been roasted for pretty much the same reason, but Michael Vick got a pass for over 5 years and really there were people still on his bandwagon up until his Dog Fighting fiasco. Aaron Brooks was developing for 8 years until he developed himself right out of the league. Vince Young put up a 66.7 QB rating last season in 15 games which was his first season and no one questions him. If a black QB shows any promise at all he gets a pass for nearly a decade, while a white guy is talked about constantly as whether or not he will be a bust over and over again until it comes to pass or he plays like a pro bowler.Edited by: Bear Backer

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Ok here's my analysis of the black QBs:

Tavaris Jackson will not be good at all.

Steve McNair was a "good" not great QB in his prime for the Titan's, but he is now over the hill and the Ravens should at this point be giving Boller another chance to start. Lately McNair seems to get injured every year. He certainly doesn't cut it for the Hall of Fame, but "might" squeak in b/c of the pro-black agenda in the NFL.

Gerard makes some plays with his legs, but I don't think he will ever be "even a decent QB" b/c he misfires on passes all the time and always seems to prefer to run than make check downs on receivers. He will stay a starter for a long time although their are plenty of whites who would be better if the Jags weren't racist.

Vince Young IMO will become a pretty good QB in this league (the top third, but never top 5). This is b/c of his excellent running skills and confidence in the clutch that he often showed at Texas. However, he will never reach the level of the top white QBs in the league and never improve to better than average accuracy. He will win one Superbowl in his career "after he gets a great team around him" and the media will act like it was all his doing. He will be inducted into the Hall of Fame although he will not be deserving.

Jason Campbell will become a slightly above average QB (somewhere between the 16th and 10th best starter) in the league, he will have a long playing career w/o getting replaced.

McNabb will continue to always be a top 10 QB when healthy. He is "usually" a top 5 QB in the league. He will finish his career with one Superbowl victory and play till he is around 40 and become the second black QB after Warren Moon "worthy" of Canton.

Jamarcus Russell will become a slightly above average QB (somewhere between 16th and 10th best) in the league like Campbell and have a "very long" tenure as a starter before getting upgraded.

Now the young white QBs:

Brady Quinn will become a slightly above average QB just like Campbell and Russell. However, he will get replaced as a starter before his time b/c of the shorter leash of white QBs than blacks

John Beck will be the best QB from this draft class IMO.

Brian Brohm of this years draft class will become a Hall of Fame QB in the NFL.

Aaron Rodgers of the Packers will suck IMO, as will Trent Edwards of this years draft class. I am not sure how I feel yet about Leinart and Cutler of last years class yet.

I don't want to make a prediction on Eli either. However Phillip Rivers will become a hall of fame caliber QB IMO.

It seems like it is easier to make it to Canton now than it used to be, especially if you have a long career. We already know that Tom Brady and Peyton Manning will be worthy of the Hall by the time they retire and maybe even the "best ever" label.Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Vick nor Brooks lived up to expectations either. The difference is, they are black and nobody questions it, while Eli is white and is starting just his 3 season as full time QB. Vick won very few games for Atlanta. Brooks was a joke almost all the way around, and Vince Young will be a bust as well.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Yeah, I hate all the chat about Eli being a bust...you're certainly right Colonel. To top it off Eli has looked very good at the beginning of the last two seasons. His play significantly dropped off in the second halves, but IMO it was because of injuries to his o-line and wide receivers. Eli is still young and deserves a chance. Eli has also looked very clutch at times leading his team down the field even against the Eagles last year although they didn't win

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
ErikAinge said:
Colonel_Reb said:
Vick nor Brooks lived up to expectations either. The difference is, they are black and nobody questions it, while Eli is white and is starting just his 3 season as full time QB. Vick won very few games for Atlanta. Brooks was a joke almost all the way around, and Vince Young will be a bust as well.
Vick led the Falcons to the Conference Championship game. He also led them to the playoffs another year. Won very few games? lol that isn't a biased opinion at all.Brooks led them to the playoffs as the QB, and put up some good numbers.

Are you actually serious...Brooks was a good QB? Yeah right. He is more inconsistent than Kerry Collins and throws a more interceptions than TD's. Is Kerry Collins even called decent by the media?

I could see how you could make the argument that Vick is a decent QB. He had a couple pretty good years and has a playoff victory and makes highlight reel runs. However, he is not a good passer. I'm guessing you are one of those trolls who would put Vick up there with Peyton Manning. That my friend is ridiculous.

There is but one great black QB in the league right now. He goes by the name Donovon McNabb, but can't seem to stay on the field and hasn't won the big game yet...we'll see.

BTW this is a troll free site and even the worst of trolls haven't made the argument that Aaron Brooks is good so stop torturing yourself and capitulate.

backrow

Hall of Famer
well, if they don't pull T.Jackson now that he's thrown for 3 interceptions, they will never do it... he is the worst quarterback i have ever seen in this league.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
I thought the same thing the one time I saw Jackson play last year. He is literally the worst QB I have seen and he should not even be in the CFL.

Not just as a 'Skins fan, but I think Jason campbell is going to be the second best black QB in the league. McNabb has his flaws, but is a serviceable starting QB in the NFL, not among the top QBs, but certainly not one I'd have riding pine either.

Campbell is about the blend of what I'd like between pocket passing and mobility within the league. He can scramble, but usually just moves in the pocket until someone gets open. His running isn't gamebreaking, but like mobile white QBs, he'll occasionally bust a decent run for a needed first down.

The funniest thing is Garrard. Mediocre to bad as a QB, but well-spoken and articulate, even compared to McNabb. I think that earns Garrard points with a lot of white fans.

PitBull

Guru
Who cares about who is the best black QB? Most of them suck. For being so
wonderfully mobile, they seem to get sacked a lot, and most have crummy
arms. Wow, lets get the Nobel Prize Committe on the phone because a black
QB can give decent post-game interview!

The job of an NFL QB is to deliver the ball to other players on the offense
and not take a loss or turn the ball over. Black pocket passers are
intercepted more and sacked more, and have poor arms throwing on the
run. The other option is Michael Vick, and look how he ended up.

referendum

Mentor
Pitbull, my interest is pretty much watching them fail, as Tavaris Jackson seems to be doing quite a good job of, so that a white QB can take over, and help whiten up the starting 11.