Rose-Andrade and Provodnikov vs Algeri on HBO

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Tonight's HBO fights: Andrade-Rose and Provodnikov-Algeri.

BqIvBmzCQAAqAJ-.png:large

Last edited:

Westside

Hall of Famer
Obviously this will be a breakout fight for Rose if he impresses against a good affeletic fighter. Regarding Provo vs Algeri, I think Provo will steam roll and will his way to a win against Algeri. All fighters know whats riding on a victory tonight, thus all appear in outstanding condition.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Rose had no power to keep Andrade honest. It looks like he was brought in to make Andrade look good. Andrade all around better fighter. Oh well, can't win them all.

Andrade is an HBO fighter so it figures that HBO would give him an easy fight in his first defense. This was a mismatch and Rose was obviously handpicked to be there to lose. Rose and Andrade both deserve credit for giving an honest effort though.

Realistically, cant see Andrade going far at 154. Canelo, Lara would both beat him easy. Not very impressed with Andrade. Andrade doesnt hit hard and considering how big of a mismatch this was he should have done better.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Andrade is an HBO fighter so it figures that HBO would give him an easy fight in his first defense. This was a mismatch and Rose was obviously handpicked to be there to lose. Rose and Andrade both deserve credit for giving an honest effort though.

Realistically, cant see Andrade going far at 154. Canelo, Lara would both beat him easy. Not very impressed with Andrade.
Yeah, BS2 it seems that Andrade carries himself well, unlike boner or Mayweather. I have no issues with him, other than a White fighter laying him out night in and night out. Is that wrong of me to think.?

Westside

Hall of Famer
Algeri is weathering the storm. He has skills. I got the fight for Provo by 1 pt.

I think the fight should be stopped.

Chris has shown a lot of heart but his face is badly busted up and eye swollen shut. He's taking a lot of hard hooks too. It's not worth risking a permanent eye injury.

Westside

Hall of Famer
HBO Wisefield is blind, most likely corrupt. I have Algeri up 2 pts by punches landed.

Westside

Hall of Famer
After 9 rds, I have Algeri down by a point.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Fight is even in the 11th

Westside

Hall of Famer
Algeri is up 1 pt going into the 12th rd. Even Andre Ward and Roach agree with me.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Strange how I missed Algeri as a white prospect. Kd has talent though - and heart!

Westside

Hall of Famer
Provo got the 12th. I had the fight a draw. Algeri made a name for himself tonight.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Algeri the NEW 140 lb champ.!!!!! He had it by a pt or a draw. He was thrown a bone.

Amazing performance from Chris. He showed a terrific amount of heart. Wow, what a gutsy comeback. He deserves it.

I suggested the fight should be stopped but thats only because his eye was swollen shut. Its never worth risking a setious injury.

Awesome win and couldnt be happier for Chris.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Glad for Chris. He seems like a great White American Kid. I hope this launches him to stardom.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Strange how I missed Algeri as a white prospect. Kd has talent though - and heart!
He has been a low profile local Long Island prospect, similar to Derrick Rossy but with more boxing ability. I don't know if he can be champion for long because of his lack of punching power but nobody is going to want to fight him unless they get paid well as he can steal rounds off of any brawler type. He basically clawed his way back from a 3 point deficit with one good eye.... Ps Ruslan all but conceded that he didn't want to fight this guy again and that his style is water to his fire.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Algieri showed great heart. No one believed he had a chance of winning after the first round.

Some rounds such as the last two were very close and could have gone to either boxer. I was expecting the result to be a draw or close decision for one fighter or the other.

Provodnikov is very strong but lacks skill and ring intelligence. Algieri isn't a big puncher but has great footwork and overall excellent boxing skills.

Last edited:

Rap Is Crap

Chris surprised a lot of us. I thought Ruslan would stop him late, but what an upset! Chris seems like a likable guy. He was a former kickboxer and has a Master's degree in Nutrition. I would like to see him fight Garcia or Herrera. I think he'd give Garcia hell.

Pretty amazing. I guess the odds against Algieri even getting past round four would have been 100 to 1 after round one. Still, I think I would have judged it for the Siberian, or at best a draw.

Provodnikov lashes out after losing title

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/provodnikov-lashes-out-after-losing-title-249721

Great comments and for the most part I agree. I thought Provo by far landed the better, harder punches even though he was outworked. Its a question of activity (Algieri) vs landing harder punches (Provo). I would have edged it to Provo.

That being said, Chris has the heart of a champion and I'm very happy for him that he won. Chris is an awesone guy and Im happy for him.

Hopefully in the future we continue seeing both ob HBO.