Riots in Wisconsin?

Kaptain

Master
Kaptain said:
More proof that this attack on teacher's is the cultural marxist agenda. The news article I posted below was from this morning. It should end all the arguement on this issue. Remember, it's not a bad thing to admit that you were wrong. We've all been on the wrong side of issues before - it's not a big deal. Refusing to be right is a big deal.

The plan is to attack the white working class and replace them with minority diversity pimps. That is made clear in the article. Democrats and Republicans are all to blame. Obama, Boner, Cantor, Christie, Pelosi, and Walker. There all on the same side. You haven't notice how tipid the support for teachers unions has been from the Democrat media mouthpieces? Even Chris Matthews (tingle-foot) was questioning the teachers. Anyways, read the article. Let the truth set you free.

Cultural marxist diversity pimps plan to replace your white teacher - teacher's union opposes

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) â€" Minnesota schools could soon get an infusion of new young teachers who reach the classroom without attending the state's traditional teaching colleges as part of an alternative licensing proposal moving through the Legislature.

Backers say the idea, already in place in most states, offers a chance for Minnesota to finally make progress on a stubborn achievement gap that has separated white and minority students.

Besides letting organizations other than Minnesota colleges or universities issue teaching licenses, the proposal before lawmakers would halve the required student teaching time, to about five weeks.

Unlike in some states, Minnesota's legislation isn't aimed at bringing mid-career professionals into the classroom. Instead, it's much more likely to boost programs such as Teach for America, a national program that puts a select group of fresh college graduates through a crash teaching course and then places them in impoverished schools. The legislation would make it easier for such programs to operate here.

The program emphasizes racial diversity. "The reality is that in the state of Minnesota right now we have a horrible achievement gap, but there are schools that are getting great results," said Rep. Patrick Garofalo, the Farmington Republican who sponsored the House bill. "When you talk to those people who run those schools, when you talk to those people who are winning and literally saving kid's lives, they say this works."

Critics fear that some children could fare poorly under inexperienced teachers, a concern expressed by Gov. Mark Dayton last week in a letter urging changes in the legislation. The state teachers union is also urging more restrictions than in the current legislation.

Dayton, a Democrat, wrote that the alternative programs should partner with teaching colleges and universities. He also said the bill didn't do enough to ensure that high school teachers who win such alternative licenses have enough background in their subjects.

"The simple fact is that teachers can't teach what they don't know," Dayton wrote.

Supporters say enthusiastic teachers like Erin Gavin will do fine. Gavin, 23, is in her final year of a two-year tour with Teach for America at a low-performing Brooklyn Park school where more than three-quarters of the students qualify for free or reduced lunches. One recent weekday, Gavin didn't appear to lack any tricks for leading her seventh-grade class through a writing exercise.

The class of mostly black girls struggled and drifted off topic, but Gavin kept bringing them back with a quiet word or, at several points, a sort of clapping call-and-response game.

"I walked into that classroom on the first day (last year) feeling as though I had been rigorously trained and had a really unprecedented support network ready to help me and my students succeed," she said after class.

Garofalo said the changes could encourage programs similar to Teach for America to move into the state. Any new licensing program would need the approval of the state Board of Teaching.

All Minnesota teachers would still need a bachelor's degree and would have to pass tests in basic academic skills and in their area of expertise. The U.S. Department of Education also backs the concept.

In January, U.S. Education Secretary Arne Duncan told business leaders in Minneapolis, "We need to open this up and get great talent, wherever that talent may come from."

The lack of alternative pathways cost Minnesota points in last year's federal Race to the Top grant competition worth millions of dollars.

Teach for America has about 90 teachers in Brooklyn Center, Minneapolis public schools and metro-area charter schools out of about 68,000 traditionally trained teachers in the state. People in the Teach for America program get waivers from the state Board of Teaching and continue to take classes through Hamline University in St. Paul.

Daniel Sellers, executive director of Teach for America-Twin Cities, said it's a cumbersome process.

If the bills became law, he said, it would provide a stable regulatory foundation on which his group could expand. Minnesota is one of the few states that don't have such policies.

According to the National Council on Teacher Quality, 42 states have licensing programs outside colleges and universities. Their requirements vary. But there are doubters.

"The research foundation is very weak," said Arthur Levine, former president of Teachers College at Columbia University. "At the moment, we don't know if university-based teacher education programs or alternative providers are stronger."

He applauded Teach for America for attracting bright young adults who normally wouldn't consider teaching, but said he was concerned those people stay in teaching for an average of two years.

He said a five-week training program isn't enough to prepare them for the disadvantaged students the group serves. "We're giving kids who need the best teachers in the country, rookies who are only going to stay two years and by the time they learn their trade, they will be leaving," Levine said. "That is not a good thing to do."

Education Minnesota, the state teachers union, supports an alternative licensing plan with more restrictions, more supervision and a requirement that the new teachers only teach in their college major â€" a condition missing from the plan approved by the Legislature.

"Our students deserve better," said union President Tom Dooher.

Nonetheless, Brooklyn Center Superintendent Keith Lester is sold on Teach for America teachers for his secondary school, which is in a federally funded turnaround program for the nation's lowest performing schools. He has hired four of them.

"They are such perfectionists and they work so hard," he said. Gavin said she might be among the two-thirds of Teach for America teachers stay in education â€" which includes teaching, school administration and policy work. "It has been far more rewarding than I anticipated," she said.

Observer

Mentor
The way I read the article, mostly white college graduates will teach at mostly non-white schools, but without having to go through the conventional teachers' colleges. Why is this bad?

I clicked on some of the links on the "Teach for America" website: http://voices2.teachforamerica.org/- mostly white people who are the actual teachers, the way it looks to me.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Kaptain Poop pre 2011:
smiley29.gif
Kaptain Poop post 2011:
smiley29.gif
smiley7.gif

smiley36.gif

Mr Poop your a piece of work. You should change your handle for a second time to CF Projector. When I stop laughing and get some sleep, maybe, just maybe I will inform you of I what I do for a living, since your dying to know and to put your life at ease. Man, my sides are killing me.
smiley36.gif

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
mr.wonderfull said:
jaxvid,

"Most teachers are educated white folks" un huh, that is important to me how?????

So your saying the wellbeing of fellow whites is not important to you. You just proved my point. Good job. The selfish attitude you spew has been the demise of the white race for years. The BS going on in Wisconsin is just a product of a corrupt system. We need to get to the root of the problem.

Educated white people are the biggest supporters of anti-white policies like affirmative action and multiculturism. How you don't see that is beyond me? Why should I blindly support white people who wish to see themselves become extinct? You are not making any sense. Do I dislike those people that would make me a second class citizen and my children slaves in the land their forfathers built? You are damn right I do, if it was up to me I would support something much more drastic then pay cuts for those people.

I think we can argue the merits of whether or not Kaptain takes a pay or benefit cut without making it all about white solidarity.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Also Mr Poop, any time BO chooses a side, its another clue to be on the opposite side of him.

Mr. Poop "are you now or ever been a member of the NEA! Sir, I remind you that you are under the auspices of a credible CF forum and thread." We await your answer......

Kaptain

Master
Observer said:
The way I read the article, mostly white college graduates will teach at mostly non-white schools, but without having to go through the conventional teachers' colleges. Why is this bad?

I clicked on some of the links on the "Teach for America" website: http://voices2.teachforamerica.org/- mostly white people who are the actual teachers, the way it looks to me.

Too much flouride I guess is the only explanation for your inability to see the obvious. I'm intriqued by the fact that you took a whole two minutes to investigate and come to a conclusion.

Are you on record as supporting Obama's "Teach for America", "RACE to the Top", and alternative teaching license promoting specifically RACIAL DIVERSITY?

From wikipedia Teach for America brags:

""¢Almost one-third of incoming corps members identify as people of color." well above the average.

Other words that I don't have the desire and time to continue to spoon-feed to you by link are words taken from their site:

bragging about more "non-white" teachers, "racial diversity" etc. All the websites are littered with cultural marxist lingo. Just go look.

Just do a little work on your own. Research just a little. I believe in your ability to think. I'm giving you positive encouragement now. Go out there and go get em!Edited by: Kaptain

Westside

Hall of Famer
On to a serious note and relative to this important thread. Jaxvid made a very astute post a couple of pages back. All government should have no business in education. Let the free market and performance decide and placement on standardize tests in the states. Interesting how Catholic Schools across the country kick major ass in academics and HS football(reading this Mr. Poop). The next conservative president should abolish the Education dept and EPA within a year of his/her presidency.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Poop, you getting tired of "spoon feeding" members your worldly knowledge? Tired of being a mother hen? I am sure you are about to burst with rage at me and others. Oh well, just remember we all have something in common, which is good. But I am dying just reading your anger in your posts. Simply astounding. Luckily you have a paid holiday or else you would be in class with your students, hopefully teaching them(of which I am confident that you can) without thinking of ole Westsider from CF.
smiley36.gif

Kaptain

Master
Private schools including Catholic schools are mostly wealthy white kids. They would kick major ass on public school kids even if their teachers were clones of flavor flav. The point is moot.

Do you support Alternative Licenses specifically promoting diversity? Yes or no? Edited by: Kaptain

Tom Iron

Mentor
Gentlemen,

Here's a point many people don't take into consideration. Many, many students just don't give a damn like the boy below. Couldn't care less about academia and no one is going to make him pat attention.

I was like that. I had no business in school past the 8th grade and every dollar spent on my education past that time was thrown in the gutter. I would think we could do away with the age of 16 to leave school and replace it with 12 yrs old.

Florida Mom Forces Son to Wear Sign Announcing 1.22 GPA

Published February 21, 2011
| Associated Press
Print Email Share Comments (195) Text SizeTAMPA, Fla. -- A Tampa mother is defending her decision to stick her teenage son on a street corner with a sign that says, among other things, "GPA 1.22 ... honk if I need education."

Ronda Holder says she and the boy's father have tried everything to get their 15-year-old to shape up academically. They've offered help, asked to see homework, grounded, lectured him and confiscated his cell phone. James Mond III's indifference at a school meeting last week was the final straw. The next day, Holder made the sign and made her son wear it for nearly four hours.

Experts criticized the move as humiliating and ineffective, and someone reported Holder to the Department of Children and Families.

Holder insists she's fighting for her child's education.

Tom Iron...

Westside

Hall of Famer
Poop for your information I was a poor white kid growing up in "souf central" at 16 I bought a POS Ford Marvick and drove across town to a Catholic school. I did well in sports and academics. I scored 1200 on the SAT. Graduated from a respectable college. You, are wrong, as evident by your raging posts. About half of the student populations in Catholic schools are middle class to poor. The poor, like me, were thrown a bone by the school with reduced tuition. The students, believe it or not, at least in Southern Ca. are the colors of the rainbow.

The Catholic faith who run the schools, don't so much look at color, at the end of the day, the student produce results. I am one of those results. I promote great schools for White kids. If a non White Kid kicks ass academically in these private schools and is a great person, I have nothing bad to say about them.

Observer

Mentor
Kaptain said:
Observer said:

Too much flouride I guess is the only explanation for your inability to see the obvious. I'm intriqued by the fact that you took a whole two minutes to investigate and come to a conclusion.

Are you on record as supporting Obama's "Teach for America", "RACE to the Top", and alternative teaching license promoting specifically RACIAL DIVERSITY?

From wikipedia Teach for America brags:

""¢Almost one-third of incoming corps members identify as people of color." well above the average.

Other words that I don't have the desire and time to continue to spoon-feed to you by link are words taken from their site:

bragging about more "non-white" teachers, "racial diversity" etc. All the websites are littered with cultural marxist lingo. Just go look.

Just do a little work on your own. Research just a little. I believe in your ability to think. I'm giving you positive encouragement now. Go out there and go get em!
Yep, I do agree now that I've taken a better look.

For persepective, here are their teacher corp numbers:

Ethnic and Racial Diversity in the 2009 Corps
Caucasian68%
African-American11%
Latino/Hispanic7%
Asian-American6%
Multi-ethnic5%
Other (Non-white)2%
Native American0.5%Edited by: Observer

Observer

Mentor
Kaptain said:
Private schools including Catholic schools are mostly wealthy white kids. They would kick major ass on public school kids even if their teachers were clones of flavor flav. The point is moot.

Do you support Alternative Licenses specifically promoting diversity? Yes or no?

As Westside rightly notes, the Catholic schools are disproportionately NOT "wealthy white kids", and get a much better "bang for the buck" than the government schools. The research on this is long and deep. A link: The researched case for Catholic schools

However, even with that said, the Catholic school systems have in many ways been crumbling since the mid-'60's in the USA.

Kaptain

Master
And the national average for white teachers is 84%. The Minnesota average is well about 90%.

That also just counts those that are in the Teach for America program that may make them eligible for a state-issued Alternative License that specifically promotes racial diversity. In other words, the percentages of non-whites who actually get the jobs will be much more than 1/3.

Observer, thanks for having the ability to change your opinion when confronted with irrefutable evidence. You've gone up a notch on my list. Edited by: Kaptain

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Two more articles on the big picture. In Russia, Putin went after the (Jewish) oligarches and banksters who plundered the country, which is why he's hated so much by the ruling class here. But in the good old U.S., the real criminals still have free reign as the White middle class is methodically dismantled. How can anyone take the Republicans (and Democrats) seriously when the banksters run both parties?

http://www.opednews.com/articles/We-Have-Our-Invitation-to-by-Lou-Kusay-110220-360.html

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/why-isnt-wall-street-in-jail-20110216

Deus Vult

Mentor
Observer said:
The way I read the article, mostly white college graduates will teach at mostly non-white schools, but without having to go through the conventional teachers' colleges. Why is this bad?...

One reason it's bad is that is appear to be grounded in the stupid assumption that

1) the achievement gap between black students and white students CAN be lessened or equalized

2) deficient teachers are to blame for black students' lesser scholastic achievement

both of which are demonstrably untrue -- not to mention unnecessarily insulting to teachers who do try to help black students achieve THEIR best.

This appears to be just another dumbass white liberal scheme!

G

Don Wassall said:
Two more articles on the big picture.  In Russia, Putin went after the (Jewish) oligarches and banksters who plundered the country, which is why he's hated so much by the ruling class here.  But in the good old U.S., the real criminals still have free reign as the White middle class is methodically dismantled.  How can anyone take the Republicans (and Democrats) seriously when the banksters run both parties?
<div> </div>
<div>http://www.opednews.com/articles/We-Have-Our-Invitation-to-by-Lou-Kusay-110220-360.html</div>
<div> </div>
<div>http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/why-isnt-wall-street-in-jail-20110216</div>

Right on the money
smiley32.gif
Edited by: mr.wonderfull

Bart

Hall of Famer
Kaptain said:
Private schools including Catholic schools are mostly wealthy white kids.

Sorry Kaptain, but you are wrong. I went to Catholic grade schools. Some of my brothers and sisters went to Catholic high schools. Many of my relatives went to Lutheran Schools.

Wealthy we were NOT. Most of the students were low end working class.

Our facilities were garbage in comparison to the gov. schools. Our teachers made little money compared to the public school teachers.

Guess what? In State testing we always scored higher, much higher than our counterparts. Same holds true TODAY whether in the large cities or rural sections of our state.

When I was older and belonged to various Protestant churches that also ran their own schools ... same story.

Kaptain

Master
Ok whatever. Private school kids, though parents pay thousands of dollars for education, are just as poor or poorer than public school kids. Private schools are also much more diverse because you said so. No stats or figures needed. No comparison of wealth. Your word is like Oak.

It doesn't change the fact that private schools can choose who they educate and public schools can't. That is not teacher union's fault - it's not their rules. Rich, poor it doesn't matter. The private schools don't have to accept the criminals or the disruptive kids that the public schools do. That's the main reason any parent would choose a private school - to get the child away from kids in the public schools. This is such a silly arguement. Edited by: Kaptain

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Concerning Catholic schools, the prices have gone waaaaay up in the last couple of decades. It's market force at work as the Catholic Schools offer a much higher level of education as the proliferation of black and brown has brought many public schools down into the gutter.

Even in "good" districts the public school curiculum is weighted down by some much PC crap (as mentioned by a couple of posters in this thread). So yes, there are some "rich" people sending their kids there, no question, at $3,000, $5000, $10,000 a year it's no longer always the good Catholic family with 8 kids that are going there. Note that there are special tuitions for large families, good church membership, hardship cases, etc.

Regardless of that, Catholic schools have the two things that make schools better academically (and everything else): white kids and parental involvement. Those two qualities make for the best schools no matter what the financial standing of the families involved.

Bart

Hall of Famer
Kaptain said:
The private schools don't have to accept the criminals or the disruptive kids that the public schools do. That's the main reason any parent would choose a private school - to get the child away from kids in the public schools. This is such a silly arguement.

All public schools are not filled with criminals and all private schools are not filled with saints.

The schools I mentioned had a religious aspect that most parents hoped would be beneficial. In fact many parents with disruptive and special needs children pulled their kids from the public schools and sent them to our Parochial Catholic schools hoping they would perform better. They usually did.

Our schools had environments more conducive to learning. A very disciplined atmosphere, higher standards and good teachers.

Mr. Lutefisk

I just watched the David Duke debate with that POS scott walker in 1992 again.What a dirty bastard, he takes his marching orders from the same jew-loving GOP John McCain does. How does a loser like scott walker prance through the political pyramid at such a young age without being hand picked from the beginning by his corporate and jewish masters. My guess it won't be too long before he makes his special trip to Israel to get their offical approval and money if he follows their orders. Before leaving office of governor in MN Tim Pawlenty took his special trip to Israel bending over and grapping his ankles in exchange for their blessing and money for his run at the POTUS. Lying to the public he said it was a trade promotion trip. LOL!!!

Kaptain

Master
Bart said:
Kaptain said:
The private schools don't have to accept the criminals or the disruptive kids that the public schools do. That's the main reason any parent would choose a private school - to get the child away from kids in the public schools. This is such a silly arguement.

All public schools are not filled with criminals and all private schools are not filled with saints.

The schools I mentioned had a religious aspect that most parents hoped would be beneficial. In fact many parents with disruptive and special needs children pulled their kids from the public schools and sent them to our Parochial Catholic schools hoping they would perform better. They usually did.

Our schools had environments more conducive to learning. A very disciplined atmosphere, higher standards and good teachers.

Read Jaxvid's last post on public schools. He's saying what I said about private vs. public. I point you to his post because it's become obvious that you are just arguing with me for arguements sake. The success of private schools has nothing do with the teachers - it's the students, their better parents, and the fact that not everybody gets into private schools and they can be kicked out (discipline). It is tougher teaching in a public school - no doubt. Edited by: Kaptain

Kaptain

Master
Private school vouchers will be next. Guess what kids will be favored in the getting of vouchers? Scott Walker is already calling for more private school vouchers. By design of our ancient enemy, there will be no remaining santuaries for our children from the colored races.

Bart

Hall of Famer
Mr. Lutefisk said:
How does a loser like scott walker prance through the political pyramid at such a young age without being hand picked from the beginning by his corporate and jewish masters. My guess it won't be too long before he makes his special trip to Israel to get their offical approval and money if he follows their orders.

Man, you could not be more wrong. Get a clue from the Wisconsin Teachers Union.

http://www.620wtmj.com/shows/charliesykes

Walker is Hitler.

He wants to exterminate teachers.

Heil Walker! I like that one.

Those imbeciles are certified all right.

The best and the brightest.They are not college flunkies, ya know.