Ridiculous tv show

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
This is only season 1. There is plenty of time for the Spartans to be introduced

Have they shown the Roman Legionaire? They won battles in the deserts of Africa, In the forests of Germany, in the swamps of Britain and on the high seas. They could hold cities in a siege and take cities. They could be trained to fight with any weapon or on horseback.
The Roman soldier marched 15 miles carrying 80 lbs of equiptment and then build a fortified camp. I would like to see mr. Apache try that!

j41181

Master
When it comes to history, Greeks and Romans are my favorite. The Roman Legionary is one the best ever, able to face all sorts enemies on any terrain. They are trained killing machines. They won so many battles while vastly outnumbered. The Greeks were older and almost did the same things the Romans did, win battles while vastly outnumbered. Roman Legions are just among the best ever, while the Greek hoplites are a very close second to them.

The Apaches and Zulus are only good in their own territory and affairs. A Viking is more than a match to a Samurai.

guest301

Hall of Famer
Well the Samurai barely beat the Viking last night. The computer simulated 1000 fights and the Samurai came out on top 522 times. I don't necessarily agree with the result but I can respect it, the Samurai is one bad ass dude, sort of the thinking warrior. The Viking was portrayed as a brutal, incredibly strong but mindless bunch of pillagers, rapers and murderers last night. I don't know nearly enough about the Vikings to know whether that was a fair representation of the average Viking or not, I suspect it wasn't.

Sean

Mentor
guest301 said:
Well the Samurai barely beat the Viking last night. The computer simulated 1000 fights and the Samurai came out on top 522 times. I don't necessarily agree with the result but I can respect it, the Samurai is one bad ass dude, sort of the thinking warrior. The Viking was portrayed as a brutal, incredibly strong but mindless bunch of pillagers, rapers and murderers last night. I don't know nearly enough about the Vikings to know whether that was a fair representation of the average Viking or not, I suspect it wasn't.

It most certainly is not! The Vikings were (just look at their descendants today) very smart people, not the mindless oafs they are portrayed to be. Once again (just as I knew it would), the PC result came through. The show is clearly rigged.

I like the samurai, and have quite a bit of knowledge on them from my martial arts background. As bad dudes as they were fighting other small Asians, they wouldnt have stood a chance against a Viking, especially a berserker!

Sean

Mentor
And, BTW, I read (since I will never watch this pc garbage again) that next is a Spartan Warrior vs a Ninja. Another easy win for the white warrior, because Ninjas were "created" to be stealthy assassins, not for head on combat like the Spartans literally were created for, from the age of 7 on!

guest301

Hall of Famer
Give it one more week Sean, maybe the Spartan wins this one. I thought I read somewhere else that a Knights Templar was going up against the Zulu warrior next week.Edited by: guest301

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
In my opinnion the only way to test the two warriors would be for them to actually fight. After all it is only a video simulation! There are so many factors the computer does not take into account. Like someone mentioned before with the Apache and the Gladiator they truly down played the size advantage. 5'8 180 (gladiator)is a lot bigger than 5'5 140(apache). A Gladiators strength advantage is without question. The Samurai 5'3 135 compared to a 5'11 180 pound viking also proves how much bigger and stronger the white race is. For the most part the show does a good job of showing each sides pros and cons.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Btw the next two battles should go to whites. Give the show anothter chance!

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
There's no way a pygmie, genetically shortchanged mongoloid defeats a Nordic Warrior like the Viking! This show is such hogwash!
smiley7.gif

foobar75

Master
So, tonight, the Viking lost to the Samurai. What a surprise! White men are now 0-2. This garbage show has no credibility.

I guess now, we look forward to watching the Spartan lose to the Ninja next week. At some point, someone has at least question how utterly ridiculous and stupid this show is.

smiley7.gif

Kaptain

Master
A Viking would lose to nobody as evidenced by the fact that they sailed the entire world without fear. They had superior weopondry and were the largest and strongest of the world's warriors. I would say a Spartan may a have a chance due to their training, but Vikings still had superior defensive and offensive weapondry. What would a Samuri do when they discovered that their swords just bounced off Vikings defensive mesh metal coverings? Didn't Zulus get slaughtered when they went up against any white armies? Wood vs. Metal - what a joke that a sharpened stick beats a gladiator.

P-NutLane

Guru
Thats what Im saying Kaptin. Whos gonna beat a VIKING! Or a Spartan. THe race that has just happend to conquer, and build the WORLD, cant win a scrap against little warriors from darker gene pools? It dosent matter how this trash plays out from now on. Its had a Gladiator, trained to kill for show, or be killed, losing to a sneaky horse theif, child molester. Then a VIKING WARRIOR, sailer of the oceans, seas, and rivers, traveler of lands unknown, losing to a slant-eye.
smiley11.gif
smiley7.gif
smiley18.gif
smiley11.gif

The zulus were routed by Boer farmers at the battle of Bood River.
The Samurais also lost to the Koreans in the last 16th century.
This show stinks.

The Hock

Master
I don't know, the idea of the show is interesting on one level, but nothing to get to caught up in on another, I'm thinking. My dad could beat up your dad, only fifty generations removed.

Then I stumbled onto the Viking vs Samurai espisode... and I got caught up in it. There was a racial undercurrent between the Asians touting their tough little Jap fella, and a white guy championing his Nordic warrior.

At one point the Asians are showing off one of their weapons, a big club. One the white guys says something about clubs and cave men, and an Asian says "wait a minute, weren't the Vikings cave men?" Now, my understanding is that is one of the stereotypes Asians hold of whites, that we are basically just just cave men.
Double standard here I'm thinking.

But then the white guy is showing off the Viking shield, and he says something about this will be the biggest wood your guy ever saw. I think it was a not very sly dig about an Asian stereotype. They're having fun here.

Samurai beats a Viking? I don't think they give enough credit to the fighting skills the Vikings had to go along with their ferocity. I say the Samurai gets his fearless little head bashed in just about every time.

Edited by: The Hock

Menelik

Mentor
You guys still watch TV?
smiley5.gif
Don't you know the boob -tube rots your brain?
smiley36.gif

foobar75

Master
Wow, a miracle! The Spartan was permitted to win against the Ninja. I guess after two blatant robberies, they decided to give one to the white man, lest they look completely ridicuolous.

We all know that the Gladiator and Viking should've won hands down, and whites should be up an easy 3-0 right now.

I know, stupid show as it is, I guess I'll probably keep watching it.

guest301

Hall of Famer
I can somewhat buy the Samurai beating the Viking,(maybe) a case can be made anyway because the weapons used by the Samaurai are superior but no way the average Gladiator loses to the Apache and thank goodness the Spartan carries the day against the Ninja.
If this show continues after this season, I am wondering if they would match up more modern day warriors such as the Navy Seals vs. the Somali Pirates. Wait a second, we already know how that turns out.
smiley2.gif
Maybe they could match up other countries special forces against each other. Edited by: guest301

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Next Episode the show goes more modern

NY Mafia V Japanese Yakuza

j41181

Master
To guest301:

USNavySeals   vs.   Chinese Navy Seals
USMarinesvs.   Taliban Fighters
USSoldiervs.   Iraqi Insurgents
NY Mafiavs. The Chinese Triad

What will they think of next?
smiley36.gif
Edited by: j41181

WHITE NOISE

Mentor
In modern warfare, the gladiator would win by simply tossing bottles of whiskey at the red devils and wait a few minutes. Game over.

I bet a gibbed out meth head would win toe to toe against a drunk Apache every time.

Tom Iron

Mentor
j41184,

I don't know anything about your other picks, but from what I observe and the papers, a determined cubscout troop could come out on top against the ny mafia. If guys like Lucky Luciano, Crazy Joe Gallo and Albert Anastasia, etc. could see these bums today, they'd be swiveling in their graves.

Tom Iron...

j41181

Master
Lucky Lu, Crazy Joe and Albert knew what it takes to be cunning and ruthless, not to mention get the job done!

These NY "mafia" of today couldn't even rob a liquor store.

For the record, every ancient times white warrior (Spartan, Gladiator, Viking, and Templar) should win. The only non-white warrior who deserves chance to win is the Samurai

I am surprised that the Spanish conquistidors are not featured. They through the Moslems out of Spain, conquered two indian empires and explored large parts of the new world.