Red Sox Take A Stand

LabMan

Mentor
Todays spring training between the Boston Red Sox and the Toronto Blue Jays was 1hr and 10 mins.late getting started,the Red Sox threatened to not play at all today,and not take a scheduled trip to Japan next week to play the Oakland A's.

It seems that some time ago MLB promised to pay all coaches,trainers,and support staff to make the trip to Japan.Well they changed their minds and said that none mentioned would be paid,the players took action,and it was good to see,Jason Veritech explain that MLB changed their collective minds,and all would be paid.

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
The situation has been resolved and the games are on. I`ve never liked the MLB games played here in Japan.They usually just go through the motions of two exhibition games each against Japanese teams, ones that the Japanese desperately want towin to give themselves a collective ego boost, and then the real gamesare played as if the players et al. really just win to get on their planes and head back home-which is the truth.

The playersand coaches have a grueling 7-month season coming up. I can`t blame them for saying that everyone-including the coaches and all other staff members making the trip-should make a pretty dime out of it.

LabMan

Mentor
I believe the figure $40,000 was mentioned for everyone,I know the players can be greedy at times,but two pretty classy teams involved here,for the most part,in the Red Sox and A's,both games start at 6:00a.m.next Tuesday and Wednesday.