Red Sox recent lineup.

PhillyBirds

Mentor
I got the Yankees / Red Sox broadcast last night and noticed one thing: the Sox only started two nonwhites (not counting Jacoby Ellsbury) in their lineup against the Caste Yankees. And they thrashed them hard.

Quick update: Just saw on Sportscenter that the Sox are going to acquire OF Mark Kotsay from the Braves. That means that if he replaces Coco Crisp as an everyday outfielder, one of the best teams in the league will be playing with only one nonwhite (David Ortiz).

Last night's squad...

1B: Jeff Bailey
2B: Dustin Pedroia
3B: Kevin Youkilis
SS: Jed Lowrie
LF: Jason Bay
CF: Coco Crisp (Mark Kotsay?)
RF: Jacoby Ellsbury
DH: David Ortiz
(P): Tim Wakefield
Edited by: PhillyBirds

Tom Iron

Mentor
PhillyBirds,

I'm not what you could call a real baseball fan. All I really care about is that White players all over both leagues do well and the yankees do lousy. Whatever team plays the yankees, I'm for. Right now, it looks like the yanks won't even make the playoffs. That does my heart good because of their team payroll. Paying all those bums all that money and they don't make the playoffs. It doesn't get any better than that.

Tom Iron... - aka - Worlds Biggest yankee Hater

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
It won`t be long til racists like Joe Morgan start whining about the RedSox having too many white players.

Gary Sheffield won`t have anything to do in a few weeks after Detroit`s season is over, so he`ll probably join in.

BTW-I don`t think Kotsay is going to replace Coco Crisp in the lineup on a regular basis. I just think the RedSox wanted another OF option, and pinch-hitter, with Drew hurt and the postseason approaching.