Reality

G

To a previous post, here in Northern Illinois college recruitment is a joke they might as well call it a modern day slave auction it is so black orientated. And still these teams with "super" black athletes get their butts kicked and the white players who did it convincingly go to the small schools.

speedster

Mentor
Everytime Brutal comes here he struggles to come up with more than a couple of fast white RB.He mentions at the start of the AFL we had Gilchrist,Lowe,Haynes and Daniels.Well we also had fast white backs like Billy Cannon,Keith Lincoln,Dick Christy,Bert Coan and Dickie Post.Also an update of fast white backs in the NFL would do nicely.How about Bob Hoernschemeyer,Eddie Price,Billy Wells,Walt Kowalczyk,Tom Tracy,Hopalong Cassidy,Frank Gifford and Paul Hornung who smoked Abe Woodson in a legit race.It's sad beacause of the caste system that list would get smaller and smaller by the 70's but we did have some legit speedsters in that decade like Andy Johnson and Ed Podolak.Now go do some more research Brutal and get back to us with more crap and lists.

Observer

Mentor
Keith Lincoln said:
Last year, not one black in the entire USA was awarded a Ph.D in any science.

Is that true? Where did you find this?

If it is true, maybe I will quit supporting the white athlete for the simple reason that I feel sorry for the blacks who have so few lucrative career options. Whitey maybe should step aside, as he has, and not hog up sports also.

I'm kind of kidding, but if that is a true statement, it is almost mind-boggling in its implications, and helps explain a lot of things: bleeding-heart liberalism, affirmative action, seriousness of blacks about sports, semi-seriousness of whites about sports, etc.

Observer said:
Keith Lincoln said:
Last year, not one black in the entire USA was awarded a Ph.D in any science.

Is that true? Where did you find this?

If it is true, maybe I will quit supporting the white athlete for the simple reason that I feel sorry for the blacks who have so few lucrative career options. Whitey maybe should step aside, as he has, and not hog up sports also.

I'm kind of kidding, but if that is a true statement, it is almost mind-boggling in its implications, and helps explain a lot of things: bleeding-heart liberalism, affirmative action, seriousness of blacks about sports, semi-seriousness of whites about sports, etc.

Here's a relevant link, though it's from 2005:

http://www.jbhe.com/latest/122905_statistical_shocker2005.ht ml

Observer

Mentor
The Journal of Blacks in Higher Education said:
JBHE Statistical Shocker of the Year:

Here is a shocking statistic showing that despite major gains, blacks have a huge distance to go to achieve racial parity with whites in higher education.

In 2004, 2,100 doctorates were awarded by universities in the United States in the fields of mathematical statistics, botany, optics physics, human and animal pathology, zoology, astrophysics, geometry, geophysics and seismology, general mathematics, nuclear physics, astronomy, marine sciences, nuclear engineering, polymer and plastics engineering, veterinary medicine, topology, hydrology and water resources, animal nutrition, wildlife/range management, number theory, fisheries science and management, atmospheric dynamics, engineering physics, paleontology, plant physiology, general atmospheric science, mathematical operations research, endocrinology, metallurgical engineering, meteorology, ocean engineering, poultry science, stratigraphy and sedimentation, wood science, polymer physics, acoustics, mineralogy and petrology, bacteriology, logic, ceramics science engineering, animal breeding and genetics, computing theory and practice, and mining and mineral engineering.
Not one of these 2,100 doctoral degrees went to an African American.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
honestly, does this information surprise anyone?

i've spent a large portion of my life in and around college environs, both academic and athletic. to put it mildly, the under-representation of black success in the fields of academia can NOT be blamed on lack of outreach by whites.

as with most every other area in politically correct America, blacks get special favored status not only in qualifying criteria for scholarships and other financial aid, but also in lowered standards for job performance (differing grading scales, lesser work requirements, etc.) if they actually bother to try to pursue the books. in most cases, universities and research programs are so eager to include black candidates that they will literally take any applicant that can read or write at something resembling capable levels. this, of course, helps no one, least of all the blacks. however, it makes everyone involved "feel good" up until the realization that said black candidate now feels deserving of tenure or some other benefit despite having absolutely no ability to perform the requisite work. when denied said benefits, the un-qualified black, who has been given their post by sheer charity, cries "racism" and is summarily kowtowed to. thereby insuring that they maintain their position in perpetuity despite having a complete lack of qualifications.

(see the numerous plagiarism cases throughout the country as anecdotal evidence of this.)

conversely, black athletic achievement is artificially represented in a similar manner. by limiting the numbers of white athletes allowed to participate, the myth of black athletic superiority is maintained because no other athletes are present to challenge the status quo.

this artificial engineering can easily be seen by noticing the dis-proportionate representation of white athletes among a team's "best" players, even when there are only a sparse number of said white players on a given team.

DWFan

Mentor
Observer said:
The Journal of Blacks in Higher Education said:
JBHE Statistical Shocker of the Year:

Here is a shocking statistic showing that despite major gains, blacks have a huge distance to go to achieve racial parity with whites in higher education.

In 2004, 2,100 doctorates were awarded by universities in the United States in the fields of mathematical statistics, botany, optics physics, human and animal pathology, zoology, astrophysics, geometry, geophysics and seismology, general mathematics, nuclear physics, astronomy, marine sciences, nuclear engineering, polymer and plastics engineering, veterinary medicine, topology, hydrology and water resources, animal nutrition, wildlife/range management, number theory, fisheries science and management, atmospheric dynamics, engineering physics, paleontology, plant physiology, general atmospheric science, mathematical operations research, endocrinology, metallurgical engineering, meteorology, ocean engineering, poultry science, stratigraphy and sedimentation, wood science, polymer physics, acoustics, mineralogy and petrology, bacteriology, logic, ceramics science engineering, animal breeding and genetics, computing theory and practice, and mining and mineral engineering.
Not one of these 2,100 doctoral degrees went to an African American.

I'm not sure if it's a matter of blacks being dumb, or of blacks being discriminated against--there are too many intelligent black people, and too many open avenues in education for them, for either to be the case. I just think they are very, very rarely interested in these subjects. Though I am surprised about the animal breeding and genetics one, since I always thought most agricultural and mechanical colleges (at least, the ones in states with a lot of black people) were magnets to them, but apparently either I'm wrong, or this type of degree isn't awarded by A&M schools.