RB/DB John Howell

Wow, it looks like he has phenominal speed and some good moves as well. Hopefully he will have a good career at Navy!

Mike

Guru
I really suggest checking out this young man's highlight film if you get a chance. He has outstanding quickness and really surprising power for his 5'8 frame.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Wow you found another great white scat-back Mike! There seems to be tons of great white RB prospects this year with very contrasting styles. Is it more than the ordinary; or is it just that Youtube has allowed us to see the truth? (That more than half the starting RBs in the FBS should be white in a 66% white country).

I'm "extremely" impressed with this guy too (I don't like how the highlights are sped up though). Howell seems to be a bit like Danny Woodhead; small, but very quick/fast and agile. I remember thinking even a year and a half ago that the FBS should only be 25-30% white at RB, but the more research I do; the more it keeps going up. I'm thinking about 60% now.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Two smaller white backs comitt to Navy, good news seeing how they are usually darker than the other two acadamies.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
celticdb15 said:
Two smaller white backs comitt to Navy, good news seeing how they are usually darker than the other two acadamies.

I was thinking the same thing, celtic. It is a good sign for the future of Navy football,I think.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Howell looks like the real deal. He's sort of a Danny Woodhead type. If Navy keeps recruiting like this they'll become a perennial ranked team.

I'm hoping that the academies change their rules to allow these guys to go right into professional football if they make an NFL roster or taxi squad. All the academies could have a mandate for 5 years service in some domain after their Pro careers end. And if they refuse, because they've rolled in the dough, they could have a huge tax penalty and an impending dishonorable discharge written into law for this.