RB- Brent Michaels

Mike

Guru
536479.jpg

Recently ran a 4.41/40 (Grass, reported slight breeze) at the UA/Scout Phoenix Combine. Services report offers from Army and Air Force (expect more in coming weeks.) Plays against week competition in HS, so he is definetly helping himself out with his combine numbers. 1939 (9.06 avg) rushing yards '07, 24 TDs.

Highlights can be seen here.

SteveB

Mentor
Wow, he is stout. How much does he weigh? Quick feet and nice moves in traffic. Good find Mike.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
This kid can shed tackles like no ones business. He looked like a man among boys. I am anxious to see how his style translates to college!!

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Come on Colorado State offer this kid! He is big and fast and fits their style of play, Like Kyle Bell and Gartell Johnson!

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
White players or any non-black, non-Polynesian runner for that matter, have to be very persistent in their attending camps and training to get offers. His family should be driving him around the country to attend camps, after they ship game film to coaches of white friendly schools around the country.

I haven't seen enough game film to know for sure, but this kid looks like one of the top 30 or so white RBs in the nation for sure and top 50 or so overall. If he is persistent, he should get a few non military offers. If he ever gets playing time will have a lot to do with what school he chooses.Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

Riddlewire

Master
Brent finished his senior year with 1,506 yards on 211 carries (7.14) and 25TD. As of today, he still has no legitimate D1A scholarship offers.

The afrophile scouts say performance numbers don't matter, it's the measurables that count. When a white RB shows up with elite measurables, they say that it's the level of competition that matters. Brent plays in Arizona 4A (5A is tops in AZ), so he plays against very good competition. I guess the only lie left to them is to decry Brent's "hip action".

dwid

Hall of Famer
Riddlewire said:
Brent finished his senior year with 1,506 yards on 211 carries (7.14) and 25TD. As of today, he still has no legitimate D1A scholarship offers.

The afrophile scouts say performance numbers don't matter, it's the measurables that count. When a white RB shows up with elite measurables, they say that it's the level of competition that matters. Brent plays in Arizona 4A (5A is tops in AZ), so he plays against very good competition. I guess the only lie left to them is to decry Brent's "hip action".

yeah loose hips, and other crap they make up, if the 40 time isnt good enough, even though the kid has good football speed and obviously just isnt a trak runner, then he is too slow. If the 40 time is great then he somehow just runs better without pads and has no football speed.
Edited by: dwid

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
I still cant believe his lack of scholarships? Its getting late for d-1 scholarships by now isnt it? This is just baffling to me. Not even Air Force has offered him.
smiley5.gif

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
He should be able to contribute right away as their fullback which is more like a tailback in their offense. Either way wherever he will be used he will get some serious PT. Thanks mike

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Anybody know what happened to Brent Michaels?? He seems to have disappeared into the non-black hole that swallows up record-breaking WHITE skill position players. All of his ancient scouting site profiles (listed as a fullback, natch) show his AFA commitment, but he's not on the Falcon's roster.
Perhaps he wasn't interested in service academy extra commitments, such as the mandatory service apon graduation. Of course, if he be black, he'd have three dozen or so other offers to contemplate, including a few basketball scholarship offers, whether he plays or not
smiley2.gif

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Footballdad, I've been a member of this site for over 3 years now and I don't even want to think about how many white kids just vanished into thin air. There must be some kind of place all these kids end up.

TwentyTwo

Master
40 times only matter if you are white...Gartrell Johnson probably ran a 4.8 yet was the feature-black at Colorado State...

Another case and point Florida's thug-LBer Brandon Spikes running a 5.02..still going in 2nd round to Patriots...

Chris Speilman from way back in the day was probably one of the last where 40times did not matter if you were white...

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
TwentyTwo said:
40 times only matter if you are white...Gartrell Johnson probably ran a 4.8 yet was the feature-black at Colorado State...
<div></div>
<div>Another case and point Florida's thug-LBer Brandon Spikes running a 5.02..still going in 2nd round to Patriots...</div>
<div></div>
<div>Chris Speilman from way back in the day was probably one of the last where 40times did not matter if you were white...</div>

Don't forget loose hips.
smiley36.gif

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
FootballDad said:
Anybody know what happened to Brent Michaels?? He seems to have disappeared into the non-black hole that swallows up record-breaking WHITE skill position players. All of his ancient scouting site profiles (listed as a fullback, natch) show his AFA commitment, but he's not on the Falcon's roster.
Perhaps he wasn't interested in service academy extra commitments, such as the mandatory service apon graduation. Of course, if he be black, he'd have three dozen or so other offers to contemplate, including a few basketball scholarship offers, whether he plays or not
smiley2.gif

FootballDad, according to this article published by the Denver Post in Feb 2009, Brent is at the Air Force Prep School, so he should make his debut as a Falcon football player next year..

<H1 id=articleTitle ="articleTitle">
<H1 id=articleTitle ="articleTitle">Calhoun's search finds desert gem</H1>
<DIV id=articleSubTitle ="articleSubTitle">Lake Havasu tailback Michaels signs with AFA
<DIV id=articleByline ="articleByline"><a href="mailto:imoss@denverpost.com?subject=The%20Denver%20Post:%20Calhouns%20search%20finds%20desert%20gem" target="_blank">By Irv Moss
The Denver Post
</A>
<DIV id=articleDate ="articleDate">Posted:02/05/2009 12:30:00 AM MST

<DIV ="articleer">
<DIV id=article ="article">

If coach Kris Garry at Lake Havasu High School in Arizona is correct, coach Troy Calhoun has turned over that extra stone and found a gem for the Air Force football program.

Calhoun has been searching for bigger and faster players, and running back Brent Michaels provided both qualities during his high school playing days.

"I can bring anything they ask for to the table," Michaels said Wednesday after signing a certificate of intent to attend Air Force. "When I visited Air Force, everything was positive. I liked the coaching staff. They all seemed to know what they're doing."

Under academy regulations, Calhoun is unable to identify any of his recruits. Air Force isn't bound by a letter of intent, but instead a congressional
<DIV ="article2">
<DIV ="nestedFree nf_left">
<UL>
<LI ="video">Appointment to be admitted. The certificate signed by Michaels isn't a legal document. </LI>[/list]

However, Michaels made it clear he was on his way to Air Force to first attend the Air Force Prep School for a year.

"I had only two offers, Air Force and Army," said Michaels, a 6-foot, 230-pound player who also runs the 100 meters and 200 meters in track. "Our school isn't well-known and it's really difficult to become known."

Garry pointed to what he called "ridiculous numbers" by Michaels and compared his potential to a couple of the area's more familiar running backs: CSU's Gartrell Johnson from this season and Kevin McDougal from 1999, when he was Mountain West Conference player of the year.

"He's been a big-name tailback for us," said Garry, a friend of CSU quarterbacks coach Daren Wilkinson. "He really can run. You'd like to clone him and make a bunch of him."

During his career, Michaels had a game of 470 yards rushing. His career yardage of 4,181 yards is a school record, as is his single-season mark of 1,939 yards. He scored 57 career touchdowns.

Calhoun is sticking with his recruiting plan of quality instead of quantity in his third session at the helm at Air Force.

"We looked at every position," Calhoun said. "We're going to have another small group of freshman players, but we're pleased with the quality.

"Across the board we have to develop more depth on our squad. We need to increase the playmaking ability in the open field offensively, defensively and on special teams." </H1>Edited by: celticdb15

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
I guess we'll have to wait until later this Summer to see what's happening with Brent. The football program at the Prep academy is "invisible", so there's no way to see if he did anything or is even there. An example of the Prep invibility is this site which shows all of the scores of the academy games, and links to the stat sheets for both schools. ALL of the AFPA players, etc. are blank.