RB - Bo Snelson

SteveB

Mentor
With all of the attention on Sam McGuffie, another white RB in the Houston area is flying under the radar. Bo Snelson is a junior (class of 2009)and having a great season. He is 5th in the Houston area in rushing, leading his team to some impressive playoff wins, and just received the Houston Chronicle Player of the Week.

He is wanting to go to the Naval Academy to play football. I'll keep an eye on him.
Houston Chronicle Player of the Week
342xSectionMain.jpg
Edited by: SteveB

SteveB

Mentor
Bo's season ended last weekend with a playoff loss to #1 Katy. He ended the season ranked 4th in the Houston area in rushing yards and 1st in rushing TDs. His numbers: 267 att, 2134 yds, 31 TDs, 7.99 ypc.

Good job Bo!!

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Any measurables? Or offers?

SteveB

Mentor
I can't find any measurables other than he is 5'9" and 175 lbs. Everything that I have read about him, it says that he is going to the Naval Academy to play football. I don't think that he has any other D1 offers.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Bo doesn't even have a CaucasianRivals.com profile!
smiley11.gif

He's on Scout.com, but unranked so far. Scout.com lists his40 at 4.6. That's fast enough for the brothas for Div. IA, but a white kid generally has to run sub 4.5 to get a look (no matter if he has excellent production against top competition like this kid) especially since this kid is 5'9.

I'm sorry to say, but this kid's only shot is going the Army route. And the NFL? He could post Chad Hall like numbers and still may not even get a FA invite.
smiley11.gif

SteveB

Mentor
In the opening game of the season, Snelson picked up where he left off last season. His stat line: 23 att for 175 yds (7.61 ypc)and 2 TDs in a losing effort, 42-21 to Clear Creek HS.

Another white RB emerged during the game, Nick Mencacci for Clear Creek. Mencacci rushed 10 times for 102 yds and a TD. He is a small 5'7" 175 lb speedster who could end up on some Division 1AA recruiting radars this fall. Here is a photo of Nick from the game:
97082538.jpg
Edited by: SteveB

SteveB

Mentor
In tonight's game, Snelson goes 17 att for 236 yds (13.88 ypc) and 4 TDs. That gives him 806 yds in only 4 games this season with 10 TDs. He is now leading the Houston area in rushing and tied for first in scoring. It is too bad that no D1 programs are recruiting him and according to everything that I have read, he stills plans to try to play for the Naval Academy.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
5'9 175 lbs. is too short and thin for a white RB to these farce scouts. They will use anything against white skill players. I guess they don't realize he can add weight, it must be too foreign a concept to them!
The kid is dominating in arguably the toughest state and grouping in the nation for H.S football and that speaks volumes to talent level.

SteveB

Mentor
Snelson has put on about 10 lbs in the offseason, so he is around 185 lbs or about the same size as McGuffie. Scout.com has his 40 time at 4.6, but I have yet to find where they got that time since he hasn't run at any camps. When watching him, he seems plenty fast and never gets caught from behind.

SteveB

Mentor
Snelson is showing his versatility this season. The starting QB went down with an injury so Bo stepped in at QB (a position that he has never played) midway through the season. Last night's game he rushed for 162 yds and 3 TDs and passed for 90 yds and a TD. He still leads the Houston area in rushing.

Mike

Guru
Bo committed to Navy this weekend. From what I understand he was given a chance to be a preffered walk-on at Texas Tech, but his only other offers were from Ivy League schools. However I also understand that he was pretty much sold on Navy since he was a junior. Edited by: Mike

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Well, if he in his heart wants to go to Navy to serve the country than I am happy that's where he's going. I just want these kids to be able to do what they love and play at the college level they deserve. Good luck to Bo at Navy; if that's what he wanted all along then he has reached his dream.
smiley32.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Looks like a lot of white skill players are heading to Navy. Maybe they will become a whiter team on the field as a result over the next few years.

SteveB

Mentor
Anyone who is questioning Bo's speed needs to only look at the fact that he is the lead off leg of one of the top 4x100m sprint relay teams in the state of Texas (as I mentioned in the Chance Imhoff thread). Here's a highlight video that I found of him, Bo Snelson Football Highlights

Navy got a good one.Edited by: SteveB