Racial Influx

jcolec02

Mentor
Anyone noticed that there are alot more white wide receivers: Kevin Curtis, Brandon Stokley, Dane Looker, Wes Welker, Kevin Walter, Brian Hartline, ect. and also alot more black offensive linemen. There seems to be an influx at both positions...

Taco

Guru
Yea ive definitely noticed it. Theres also barely a trickle of white running backs, but theyre having a much tougher time getting in there than the white WR's are.

Id rather see more black o-line if it meant we would see more white WR's. It kind of flips the stereotype, doesnt it?

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
White receivers are about the same as always. Maybe they have inched up a bit. The black sumos have slowly been creeping into offensive lines. This isn't being done in a day. It has been happening for the past 10 years or so.

Taco

Guru
whiteathlete33 said:
White receivers are about the same as always.

I dont know about that. 4 years ago, i wouldn't have been able to tell you more than 5 white receievers. Now it seems like nearly every team has their token white WR. If theres really has been the same amount of WR's, the ones we're seeing now have been getting more exposure/usage then the ones from years past.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I still believe it it is around 10 percent of receivers in the NFL are white. I will have to do the research to tell you exactly.

green fire317

Banned
alot of teams have atleast one white wideout. pats, colts, pack, texans, cards, falcons, lions, dolphins, broncos, and i think there are a few more. That being said i havnt really notice an increase in white DBs.Edited by: green fire317

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Here are the ones off of the top of my head I know right now.

2 WRs- Patriots (Welker and Edelman,) Dolphins (Hartline and Camarillo,)Texans, (Walter and Andersen,), and Colts (Gonzo and Collie,) Lions (Looker and Standeford, although at least one probably won't make it.) and Cardinals (Urban and WSTD Morey.)

1 WR- Falcons (Finneran,) Broncos (Stokely,) Packers (Nelson,) Browns (Furrey,) Eagles (Curtis.)

That being said, I puke every time I see a sadsack, hands-of-stone group of recievers like the Bears, Blackskins, Chiefs, Ravens (aside from Mason,) Raiders, Giants, Jets, Lions, Titans, Rams, and 49ers, I think that Matt Jones and Mike Hass can't even find jobs over these losers. The horrible black recievers seem to have increased a lot from last year. It is absolute disgrace that Jones can't find a job.

green fire317

Banned
the Matt Jones released forum has been posted on in a little while, i have not news about Matt in a while. he is without a doubt the best free agent still out there. Edited by: green fire317

Taco

Guru
Raiders have Nick Miller and Bears have Eric Peterman (whether theyll survive cuts is another story).

green fire317

Banned
it would be great if Swain and Heckendorf made the roster for the Packers, because as far as i know neither have been cut so far. i doubt Heckendorf will make it but i am optimistic about the chances of Swain.Edited by: green fire317

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
There's been a slight increase over the past decade in white WRs, TEs and LBs, but it's been more than offset by the increase in black o-linemen. Most of the white players you see in the second half of preseason games aren't going to make the regular season roster. Every preseason it seems like there's more white players butfew are more than training camp bodies.

There has been a noticeable increase in white wide receivers in FBS programs the past few years. If or when that will translate to the NFL remains to be seen but there are so many good ones that there is room for guarded optimism.

green fire317

Banned
i have to admit though i did enjoy watching Tom Nelson playing cornerback, i dont think i have seen a white corner play in preseason or regular season since sehorn.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
green fire317 said:
i have to admit though i did enjoy watching Tom Nelson playing cornerback, i dont think i have seen a white corner play in preseason or regular season since sehorn.

Dustin Fox was a cornerback but moved to safety I believe. Sehorn was the last starting white cornerback. The position has become more rare for whites than even runningback. Since major programs refuse to play whites at cornerback we never see them in the NFL. At least several big programs allow whites to play runningback.

green fire317

Banned
i have a feeling things are going to change in our favor though. White running backs are starting to trickle in, maybe the same will happen with corner.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
There have been several white backs in the past years. Travis Jervey, Jared McGrath from Vanderbilt, Mike Alstott, Brock Forsey, and Luke Staley who was completely screwed.

Jervey was probably the most athletic runningback and one of the most athletic players overall in the league. He didn't receive much of an oppurtunity.

Alstott should have received all carries but had to split them with Warrick Dunn. His first step was incredible.

Forsey started once or twice I believe and McGrath just sat on the roster. Heath Evans is capable of being a feauture back as well.Edited by: whiteathlete33

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Once the white purge is over, I'm thinking the NFL will probably be as black as last year. There is always a tendency for some here to get overly optimistic this time of year, just before the annual purging of whites begins. I am hopeful that change will happen, but I don't expect it to happen quickly, especially since the same old Caste coaches are in the NFL. Don't get too happy about how things are going right now, because you will be upset when week 1 of the regular season begins.

backrow

Hall of Famer
as far as corners go, both Steve Gregory for Chargers and Kevin Kaesviharn for Bengals played some cornerback.

referendum

Mentor
Yeah, everybody get ready for the annual massacre of white talent in nine or so days from now when the final cuts are announced. It will be brutal. I'll be hoping for a lot of second string white linebackers to make their teams, like Boiman in Tennessee, Sulak in Green Bay, Koutivides and Mccoy in Tampa Bay, to make their teams, plus linemen like Greyheim and Boschetti in Oakland, Ninkovich in New England, and Thomas in Indianapolis.