Quinn in the NFL

Warnipple

Speculative question right now, but where do you all see Quinn going in the NFL draft next year? I'm very surprised that the media has essentially dubbed Troy Smith the Heismann Trophy winner (after likely front runner Adrian Peterson's injury), although I suppose I shouldn't be. Thing is, it may work out well for Quinn, since the Raiders will likely have the 1st pick, and likely no receivers (Moss and Porter will be gone). Better for Quinn to go to a "moderately" bad team than a disaster like Oakland.

jared

Mentor
i think Quinn is pretty much hands down the top QB chosen. I don't think there are a lot of people that debate that. That said, Oakland needs a total overhaul, not a new QB. Any QB would be a disaster there. I don't think you can accurately evaluate Walter there right now. i was just looking through all the teams in the nfl. it's hard to try and predict who might take him.

ocaamikedm11

Mentor
Troy Smith is not even the second best QB prospect, since that is Drew Stanton.. and on some boards isn't even in the top 5. nfldraftcountdown.com (No friend of whites, that's for sure) has it:

1. Brady Quinn (Notre Dame)
2. Drew Stanton (Michigan St.)
3. Trent Edwards (Stanford)
4. Troy Smith (Ohio St.)
5. Kevin Kolb(Houston)

But really, this draft is Quinn... then everyone else.

JoeV

Guru
You gotta put Troy Smith second after Quinn on that list. Where is Brian Brohm on that list anyways?

Kaptain

Master
I see drew stanton and maybe a couple of others ahead of Quinn. I'm not completely sold on Quinn yet - in comparison to some others.