Quarry v Franklin

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
What do you think of this match up?

When I first heard it announced, I thought wtf? Why does Quarry already deserve a shot at the title? But he's knocked out his last three opponents, all in the first round, decent fighters, too.

What are your thoughts? Does Quarry deserve a shot? Does he stand a chance against Franklin?

White_Savage

Mentor
I think he's got a puncher's chance against Franklin. Franklin is is the proverbial well-rounded and conditioned technician. I don't know what Quarry is besides a hell of a slugger.

Mostly, I'm hoping Franklin wins because I think he's less likely to screw up and lose to Louiseau-we all know he's going to get the next shot at the MW belt. Then again, seeing him get KTFO out by Quarry like Shonie Carter did, that too would be satsifying.
smiley4.gif

dkr77

Guru
I too like Franklin in this bout. Franklin impresses me as much or more than just about any 185 pounderfighting today. The way he took out Evan Tanner was brutal and Tanner is one tough s.o.b. Franklin has excellent clinch work, delivering good knees and elbows on the break. He has impressive handswith good power and what seems to be a decent defense. His ground game looks skilled and above all he's smart enough to devise a good strategy, and alter his game plan if things don't work out as planned. the only one that I believe is on his level at 185 is Jeremy Horn. Now that's a fight I would really like to see.

G

I see Franklin dominating. I don't think Quarry's weird punching style is going to hold up against Franklin.

I think Lindland was the only real competition for Franklin, but now that he is gone, whos left? Louiseau?