QB stats

hedgehog

Mentor
I like how they come up with these meaningless stats for the NFL's black quarterbacks.

"Daunte Culpepper only QB to have 3 seasons of 3,000 yards passing and 400 yards rushing."

as if 400 yards is some sort of mile-stone or something. I cant remember off the top of my head, but they have a similar meaningless statistic for Donovan Mcnabb they recite before every game the eagles play.

Triad

Mentor
His top five rushing totals: 470, 416, 609, 422, 406 yards. That's why they don't use the 500 yards rushing milestone because he's only done that once.

Triad

Mentor
More Culpepper stats: His last eight starts - 6 TD's and 14 INT's, I think one victory. Last night's QB rating 49.6.
Edited by: Triad

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Triad said:
More Culpepper stats: His last eight starts - 6 TD's and 14 INT's, I think one victory. Last night's QB rating 49.6.

On top of that, can you imagine the uproar there would have been, from the game announcers, the rest of the media and the white fans, if say Kyle Boller had thrown two key interceptions at the end of the game to turn what looked like a victory into a defeat? Or a lot of other white quarterbacks besides Boller. That would have been the overwhelming in-game and post-game theme. Yet "C-Pep" emerges from his poor performance with little if any criticism directed his way.

Triad

Mentor
Correction: he's 2-6 over his last 8 starts. Last year's QB rating through seven starts: 72.0; Brad Johnson through nine starts: 88.9.