QB Dies From Injuries

Booth

Mentor
A 16- year-old QB from Alabama has died from injuries he suffered in Friday's night game.

white is right

Hall of Famer
A 16- year-old QB from Alabama has died from injuries he suffered in Friday's night game.

Sad news and thoughts and prayers are with his family. Football is a sport with a serious danger element it looks like nothing was bungled and the best care possible was given to the young man.

I know when I played if an injury happened like this the odds of a player living would have been mostly blind luck as no medical staff were ready on the sidelines and the coaching staff would have had to wait roughly 10 minutes for an ambulance to arrive after a call was made for an ambulance.

I have a British papers coverage of his death and other high school deaths in the country it seems the other players could have died if they were on the track team or swim team as they did not receive trauma to the brain. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/n...ll-player-Caden-Teller-dies-brain-injury.html

PS the situation would have even been worse for a player surviving in my era as there were no cell phones so a coach or teacher would have had to race to the office and get a secretary to call for emergency services so that would have been another two minutes at a minimum.

Last edited: