Pre-fight thoughts and ramblings re: Golovkin/Rosado, Gavin, Zewski, Monaghan & Akberbayev

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
I have the utmost respect for him. The way he was fighting tonight, he was literally prepared to die out there in order to win the fight. He went out on his shield. I`m glad the fight was stopped and he finished the fight on his feet, with his pride and dignity, as it should be. He`s also an amazing boxer and at times he landed some great, flush shots, as I said, I honestly thought he won rounds 4 and 5 in the fight. That`s pretty amazing and quite an accomplishment when you consider he only had 10 amateur fights (and started boxing at age 18) compared to Gennady`s 350.

This was a mismatch, but Rosado made the most of it. He was amazing tonight and even though he lost the fight, Im sure he gained a lot of fans. He was the standout guy tonight for me. I`m sad he lost, but I`m sure he will rebuild himself, he has the mentality and skills to do it. He was pretty damn awesome in there tonight and I think at 154 he make some noise, I would have favoured him over Bundrage.

He`s certainly a personal hero of mine after tonight. Absolute top class guy. Not many people with his integrity level. He was a hero tonight!

Being a boxing fan for many years, you see a lot of guys coming and going but Gabe Rosado really stands out as something special. A real heroic guy who came up the hard way to achieve things in his life.

You should get off this guys jock. He's a tatted up whigger/hispan-spic and he got beat by a White man. Good result.

Golovkin_RosadofinalPC_130117_001a_crop_exact.jpg

You should get off this guys jock. He's a tatted up whigger/hispan-spic and he got beat by a White man. Good result.

Golovkin_RosadofinalPC_130117_001a_crop_exact.jpg

Well, on some levels, both guys can be considered white, or atleast partially white. Gennady is a visible Eurasian mix (as in Russian and Central Asian), so the most appropriate term for him would be "Caucasian". Rosado, as noted by me and others in the thread, is considerably light skinned and obviously has some - perhaps even a majority- European Spanish (white) in him.

I'm a big fan of both fighters and on one hand I'm happy Gennady won, but sorry to see Gabe lose. Its a bit similar to Gennady's last fight as well, where he knocked out a very game Polish guy. That sucks, because I would prefer Gennady to be fighting Negroes, but since at HBO they have him purposely only fighting other whites, or light skin mixtures.

I'd actually say its correct to say both of these guys are half white. Gennadiy maybe belongs on this site a bit more though, because his mixture is fully Caucasian.

Also, Rosado is not a wigger. His entire team and entourage seems to be about 5 or 6 blue collar white men. His trainer is Billy Briscoe, a white man, and his cutman, assistants, and "followers" seem to be all white as well. There are zero Negroes on his team, which is quite rare and probably by choice coming from Philadelphia. I think there is a good reason for that and I can respect that. Contrast that to Danny Garcia, another ranked Hispanic boxer from Philadelphia, who has an entourage of about 10 guys, all Negroes, it looks like a "rap video" everytime he walks to the ring for a fight. I actually made a thread about the Latino wigger Danny Garcia in a thread entitled "Boxers You Just Can't Stand", because his wigger image irritated me so much.

Rosado is not a "wigger", in fact, he is complete opposite to that profile and his ring performance was courageous. If you want to see an Hispanic wigger you can look up Danny Garcia, who Ive mentioned in my thread and is one of my most disliked boxers of today.

My thread on Garcia: http://www.castefootball.us/forums/showthread.php/15285-Boxers-You-Just-Can-t-Stand

I certainly won't bring up Rosado on this site
, because he is not fully Caucasian and doesn't really meet the guidelines of the site, but I can respect him for his bravery last night, and he seems a respectable man based on interviews Ive heard of him. He is not a wigger at all. Just looking at his entourage last night was made up of entirely blue collar white men, there wasn't a single Negro in his team. Thats actually quite rare these days and I think thats awesome, maybe it says something about his own judgment as well. I can relate to that and I think it's a nice touch.

Last edited:

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
No ones going to wiki or google these guys racial background. They are going to look at them and call one guy White and the other not. Simple as that.

No ones going to wiki or google these guys racial background. They are going to look at them and call one guy White and the other not. Simple as that.

Yes, I largely agree with you. People take a look at someone, and based on their appearance or name will associate them with a particular race.

That`s why I believe this site should support Golovkin, even though he is technically only half white, because by the public I feel he is largely interpreted as `full white` and `a random Russian guy`. Because of that public interpretation, we should support him. Also, he is half white and very light skin, so thats good enough for me.

As for Rosado, people will probably assume he`s just Hispanic. But as Carcharias notes, he has a strong mentality and character, he fought with incredible bravery last night and deserves credit for that. He is very light skinned and has a good deal of white heritage, so I can support that. Its good enough for me. I also admire that his entire team is white, which is probably on his own choice coming from Philadelphia where the boxing scene is largely Negro, so that`s a bonus and it shows he`s not a wigger, or some kind of `rap video` character.

On the other hand, Andre Ward is also one half white, but I don`t feel we should support him because his mixture is with Negro, and in his case, he doesn`t look white at all, so public will interpret him as black, even though technically he is only half black. Ive heard some people on this site say we should support Andre Ward because his father is white, and to an extent I can see that point. Personally I`m not a fan of Ward and I don`t think white-Negro is a good mix, but I can tolerate if someone supports him based on his white father. But I personally am not a fan of him.

Last edited:

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
But what about Rosado's chararcter???

Westside

Hall of Famer
But what about Rosado's chararcter???
What about it? He seems to be a decent young athelet. Trying to over come his hard upbringing. He speaks intelligently and worked full time at Home Depot. Loves and respects his mother. I suspect his father abandoned him, cause he was no where to be seen during the fight. His mom was ringside.

I can see why BS2 was impressed with him. Especially after "Triple G" power jab him and opened a cut I believe in rd 2. At that point Rosado realized the furious storm in front of him. He fought back as best as he could and possible won a rd or 2. He should go down to 154 lbs where I see him beating Bundruge.

After being assaulted for 7 rds, his corner wisely saved him from permenant injury so he could fight a another day. He was gracious toward Triple G afterward. Yeah Jaxvid, he appears not be a grand wigger in every sense except the tatoos, but so what.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
I'm sure he's a very nice boy.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Gennady Golovkin was born in Kazakhstan, but it turns out he actually has no Kazakh ancestry.

His father is Russian and his mother is Korean. He's 1/2 white, like Andre Ward.

http://www.examiner.com/article/gennady-golovkin-power-surge

http://www.doghouseboxing.com/DHB/Hissner_0116b13.htm

I think Gabriel Rosado probably has MORE than 1/2 white heritage, judging from his appearance and his strong character.
Haha Golkin wears traditional Kazahk clothes and proudly flys the national flag. He even looks Whiter than Tzzyu does. As for Rosado he is probably a quarter Black or less. But he isn't a pure Spaniard, I think I have seen genetic studies on "White" Puerto Ricans and most have some Black ancestry and are basically Octoroons.

white is right

Hall of Famer
What about it? He seems to be a decent young athelet. Trying to over come his hard upbringing. He speaks intelligently and worked full time at Home Depot. Loves and respects his mother. I suspect his father abandoned him, cause he was no where to be seen during the fight. His mom was ringside.

I can see why BS2 was impressed with him. Especially after "Triple G" power jab him and opened a cut I believe in rd 2. At that point Rosado realized the furious storm in front of him. He fought back as best as he could and possible won a rd or 2. He should go down to 154 lbs where I see him beating Bundruge.

After being assaulted for 7 rds, his corner wisely saved him from permenant injury so he could fight a another day. He was gracious toward Triple G afterward. Yeah Jaxvid, he appears not be a grand wigger in every sense except the tatoos, but so what.
I actually think his father was the assistant trainer in the fight. I recall the trainer with an Irish surname stating to the father do you want me to let him die in the ring (the father wanted the fight to go on). I actually agree with his father that while Rosado wasn't competitive at that point in the fight his life wasn't in danger(I do think his eyesight might have been though).

Westside

Hall of Famer
WIR I stand corrected if his dad was in his corner.

Gabe's trainer is a white man named Billy Briscoe, who I thought did a good overall job in training him and made a highly appropriate decision to stop the fight. Gabe's cutman is also a white man who is seen many times on the camera, I don't know his name, but he is clearly fully white, and was working on stopping the bloodflow from Gabe. He has curly brown hair and was wearing a red sweater. There was also another 2 or so white men in Gabe's corner, it is unclear to me what their exact role is, probably assistant trainers, or maybe just friends.

And yes, it is true that his father was at ringside. However, I don't think his father is part of his training team and he didn't enter the actual ring .Rather, I think Gabe's father was just sitting with the corner. At no time do I think Gabe's father was actually in the ring. So he was probably there for moral support more than anything. Kind of similar to when Julio Chavez Jr. fights, his Father always sits close to his corner for moral support, even though he's not a part of the team. Sometimes Julio's father yells insturctions into the ring and gets involved with the trainer, similar to Gabe's father did in their fight, but he's not an actual member of the team or training team. He is there for moral support.

Obviously, Gabe trained hard for the fight so understandably his father and trainer were hesistant to stop the fight. It seemed Gabe's own father wanted his son to remain in the fight so he could have a chance to win it. He was bleeding profusely and actually (in terms of the bloodflow) it looked a bit similar to when Klitschko fought Lewis back in 2003. Blood was just coming from everywhere and his face was a god damn mess.

He was starting to take punches, he was noticeably rocked by them, and was not throwing much back so I think it was a good stoppage. Another round and he would have been dropped onto his knees, and that would have been unnecessary. He had taken enough punishment and was bleeding heavily so good call to stop it.

I don't say that he would have died had the fight continued, but fights where a fighter does die, or sustains serious injury occurs in fights just like this where someone takes a prolonged beating but doesn't quit. Gabe was too brave and needed to be saved from himself. I'm glad his trainer stopped the fight and I think it was the best decision, if anything, the fight could have been stopped a bit sooner.

I do think that had the fight continued longer, Gabe would have absolutely been knocked out, and you're running a notable risk of a serious injury to Gabe, and his lip and eye were torn up bad. Both will require a lot of stitches. It's also a good idea to stop a fight in this position, because if Gabe had taken more punishment and punches, chances of him ever fighting again at this level are very low. Sometimes one loss like this can ruin a fighter. It will be hard for Gabe to come back after a loss like this, as it is, nevermind if he had stayed in the fight and taken more punches. He'd probably be a finished fighter if that happened.

One bad loss can end it all and this was rapidly turning into that kind of fight. Good stoppage.

Last edited:
As for Rosado he is probably a quarter Black or less. But he isn't a pure Spaniard, I think I have seen genetic studies on "White" Puerto Ricans and most have some Black ancestry and are basically Octoroons.

Rosado's skin is very light. In fact, his skin colour is totally white. It's his face and hair that looks a tad bit nonwhite, and more so Native American. His actual skin colour is undeniably white.

Compared to other Hispanic Boxers, such as Oscar De La Hoya (who many consider full white) Gabe is noticeably lighter skinned than them. Gabe looks more white to me than Oscar does. Gabe is also much lighter skinned than other Puerto Ricans such as Miguel Cotto!

He fought bravely and he obviously has a good portion white in him. That's good enough for me and I'm a fan of him. Of course, I respect the site so if others don't feel that way, we don't need to bring it up. I am a fan of him and thought he fought a great effort though. One of the most brave performances Ive seen in a long time!