Praise for the Japanese fighters.

White_Savage

Mentor
The PRIDE bouts shown on T.V. today showed some awesome fighting skills displayed by the race that if anything, takes more crap off the caste system than we do.

First, there was an amazingly brave effort by Sakuraba who endured multiple slams by by the gold-chain wearing Quentin "Rampage" Jackson. But Sak's encyclopedic knowledge of grappling gave him the victory at the end, after nearly catching Jackson in trianges, kimuras, and knee-bars, he forced him to tap out with a rear naked choke.

Then, there was this dynamite Japanese LW named Gome who squared off against one trash-talking Charles "Crazy Horse('s ass) Bennet, who began the fight by climbing to the top rope and in a display of TNB, beat his chest and trash talked-none of which Japanese speaking Gomi could understand. Gomiheld his own against him boxing, landed good knees in the clinch, and took him down practically at will. Bennet managed to grapple defensively pretty well for awhile, but Gomi finally caught him with a Kimura, with which he quite possibly broke the "Crazy Horse's" arm when he refused to tap out.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Which Pride event was that, Savage? I'd love to see it. Sak is one of my favorite fighters in MMA, and Quentin Jackson one of the least, so I'd love to see Sak choke him out.

Awesome!

G

White Shogun said:
Which Pride event was that, Savage? I'd love to see it. Sak is one of my favorite fighters in MMA, and Quentin Jackson one of the least, so I'd love to see Sak choke him out.

Awesome!

The fights were shown on Pride's Fox Sports show last Sunday. The event in which the Sakuraba/Jackson fight took place was way back in 2001, at Pride 15.

I loved seeing Gomi beat Bennett, everytime Bennett loses I am happy.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
panzer,

great avatar, my vote for best on site!

dkr77

Guru
Hey guys if you liked Sakuraba against Jackson you will love Sak against Kevin "grape Ape" Randelman. It is more or less a fight between a human being and a silver back gorilla with the human winning.

White_Savage

Mentor
dkr77 said:
Hey guys if you liked Sakuraba against Jackson you will love Sak against Kevin "grape Ape" Randelman. It is more or less a fight between a human being and a silver back gorilla with the human  winning.

Please-we do not need unfair slurs like this.

Slurs gainst the peaceful and stoic, yet powerful, great ape of the forest, that is.
smiley4.gif

Randleman's people are the main ones extirminating them for no apparent reason, too
smiley5.gif

White_Savage

Mentor
The last fight on this episode was a showdown between Cro-Cop and Nogueira. This was just plain a great fight. CroCop brutally beat Nogueira for the first round, landing repeatedly, and throwing off his attempts at takedowns with ease. Nogueria survived it all, at the end of the round CroCop knocked him down and got on top for the ground and pound, but Nogueria was saved by the bell.

In the 2nd round, Nogueria managed to put a takedown together, get CroCop on the ground, and tap him out with an armbar. Now I was nessecarily on CroCop's side, and I don't believe the Brazillian could do it twice, but man, "Minatauro" showed miles and miles of heart, I have to admit.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Randleman's people are the main ones extirminating them for no apparent reason, too

They eat 'em.
smiley11.gif

G

White_Savage said:
The last fight on this episode was a showdown between Cro-Cop and Nogueira. This was just plain a great fight. CroCop brutally beat Nogueira for the first round, landing repeatedly, and throwing off his attempts at takedowns with ease. Nogueria survived it all, at the end of the round CroCop knocked him down and got on top for the ground and pound, but Nogueria was saved by the bell.

In the 2nd round, Nogueria managed to put a takedown together, get CroCop on the ground, and tap him out with an armbar. Now I was nessecarily on CroCop's side, and I don't believe the Brazillian could do it twice, but man, "Minatauro" showed miles and miles of heart, I have to admit.

Nog always takes a lot of punishment, he took two beatings from Fedor, both went to decision for Fedor. He took a serious stomping from Sapp, he pulled out the victory via armbar, as he did with Cro Cop.

He is going to be really jacked up later in life from all the beatings he takes.