Poland's government wiped out

Riddlewire

Master
Polish leader, 95 others dead in Russia jet crash

MOSCOW (AP) â€" Polish President Lech Kaczynski and some of the country's highest military and civilian leaders died on Saturday when the presidential plane crashed as it came in for a landing in thick fog in western Russia, killing 96, officials said.

Russian and Polish officials said there were no survivors on the 26-year-old Tupolev, which was taking the president, his wife and staff to events marking the 70th anniversary of the massacre in Katyn forest of thousands of Polish officers by Soviet secret police.

The crash devastated the upper echelons of Poland's political and military establishments. On board were the army chief of staff, national bank president, deputy foreign minister, army chaplain, head of the National Security Office, deputy parliament speaker, civil rights commissioner and at least two presidential aides and three lawmakers, the Polish foreign ministry said.

A collaboration on the part of Obongo and his Eastern Hemisphere Communist allies?
Stuff like this doesn't just happen.

Observer

Mentor
This is terrible. The unexpected loss of life, yes; but also, Poland is such a crucial link between historic West and East Europe. Even if this truly was an accident, it still opens doors for a power-grab.

If I knew how to run the weather websites better, I'd look and see if the weather conditions were really as they stated.

guest301

Hall of Famer
The Weather Channel reported there was a zero visibility fog over the area and for now I think it was a tragic accident. I doubt Obama is truly upset about it though since we kicked Poland in the teeth last year when the USA went back on it's word to Poland and canceled putting Poland under our missile defense umbrella that they were counting on against a increasingly aggressive Russia that has become quite hostile to it's former Warsaw pact allies Poland, Czechoslovakia, Romania, Hungary and Georgia(which they invaded a couple of years ago).

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
I think it's a plot between the Germans and the Russians to divide up Poland again. I read something about that in another post.
smiley2.gif

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
jaxvid said:
I think it's a plot between the Germans and the Russians to divide up Poland again. I read something about that in another post.
smiley2.gif
Wrong, jaxvid. The Mossad did it.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Although my last post was purposely flippant, maybe they did. You never know!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
guest301 said:
doubt Obama is truly upset about it though since we kicked Poland in the teeth last year when the USA went back on it's word to Poland and canceled putting Poland under our missile defense umbrella that they were counting on against a increasingly aggressive Russia that has become quite hostile to it's former Warsaw pact allies Poland, Czechoslovakia, Romania, Hungary and Georgia(which they invaded a couple of years ago).

smiley36.gif
Yes, poor Washington -- whose "defense" budget is larger than the next 20 highest spending countries put together -- having to fend off an "increasingly aggressive" Russia that is doing very little as it is encircled on all sides by the U.S. An "increasingly aggressive" Russia would be establishing military bases and "missile shields" in Cuba, Mexico, Venezuela, Bolivia and other countries in the Western Hemisphere rather than doing very little as its former military alliance joinsits one-time arch-enemy NATO.

If Western European countries defected from NATO and joined an anti-U.S. alliance, it would be completely understandable if Washington became "hostile" to them. Blind xenophobia is but one of the many afflictions contributing to the lack of comprehension as to why the U.S. Imperial Empire is increasingly hated around the world and headed for a fall.Edited by: Don Wassall

guest301

Hall of Famer
smiley36.gif
So I gather from your post that Poland has much more to fear from a alliance with the United States than one with Russia. I think recent history suggests otherwise and most Poles and the other Eastern European countries would disagree with you. I also don't think it's a good idea for the USA to unilaterally reduce it's stockpile of nuclear warheads while the Russians have not made any real verifiable committment to do the same, not to mention the Chinese.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Why does Poland need an alliance with the U.S., or better yet, why does the U.S. need an alliance with Poland? I guess it's because you share the beliefs of the neo-conservatives that Russia is "increasingly aggressive," though it's hard to say since you ignored the points I made, instead reiterating your apparent belief that nothing has changed since 1945. Yeah, bring back the Cold War, we don't spend enough on "defense" these days and our 10,000 plus nukes aren't nearly enough to deter those evil white Russkies.

Russia in reality is acting remarkably passively given Washington's ultra-aggressive policy of trying to run the world, which includes encircling Russia with military bases, military alliances, missile shields, etc. If Russia or China was doing the same in the Western Hemisphere the U.S. response would be far stronger, and for good reasons.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
An air traffic controller who i work with here in ukraine said that he has heard that the president demanded that they land (reason unknown) even though the pilot had been told not to do so by the authorities. Apparently this has happened before..the president demanded the the pilots act contrary to regulation and then it could easily have caused a disaster.

Kaptain

Master
accesscrimea said:
An air traffic controller who i work with here in ukraine said that he has heard that the president demanded that they land (reason unknown) even though the pilot had been told not to do so by the authorities. Apparently this has happened before..the president demanded the the pilots act contrary to regulation and then it could easily have caused a disaster.

The story came out immediately that the Polish President ordered the dangerous landing. Since there were no survivors and no time for an investigation, isn't it strange that the media immediately threw out this theory? Where they framing the discussion? Kinda like other events are framed. Anyways, James Buchanan has some good insight. I really doubt this was an accident.

BTW, this year (about a month ago) I flew for the first time. No kidding! My first flight was in extremely heavy fog. Delay of the flight was not even a thought.

James buchanan - Polish tradegy

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
What amazes me is that so much of the Polish government was in a single airplane. I don't know what Washington's official policy is, but I doubt more than a few high-ranking U.S. officials are allowed to fly on the same plane. That's just a prudent policy to follow.

white is right

Hall of Famer
By Russian standards Russia is very passive. But by democratic standards it's fairly hostile. They have violently intervened in Georgian affairs. They tried to undermine the Ukrainian elections and it was alleged Russian spy's poisoned one of the candidates. All things being equal they haven't rolled any tanks into former territories and annexed them. But they haven't exactly been Sweden either.
smiley36.gif

Kaptain

Master
Didn't Georgia attack Russia? Doesn't Israel and U.S. support Georgia - a border state of Russia? What are "democratic standards?"

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
white is right said:
By Russian standards Russia is very passive. But by democratic standards it's fairly hostile. They have violently intervened in Georgian affairs. They tried to undermine the Ukrainian elections and it was alleged Russian spy's poisoned one of the candidates. All things being equal they haven't rolled any tanks into former territories and annexed them. But they haven't exactly been Sweden either.
smiley36.gif

It's been the CIA that has been meddling in Ukrainian elections by fundingand promoting various "colored" revolutions in different countries. The head of Georgia was a neo-con puppet nutjob who thought he could do whatever he wanted because he was backed by the U.S. He found out differently. Edited by: Don Wassall

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
What amazes me is that so much of the Polish government was in a single airplane. I don't know what Washington's official policy is, but I doubt more than a few high-ranking U.S. officials are allowed to fly on the same plane. That's just a prudent policy to follow.

Very good point Don. Haven't they ever heard of the phrase "don't put all of your eggs in one basket?" Or in this case all of your high ranking officials in one plane.Edited by: celticdb15

white is right

Hall of Famer
Okay you got me there coming from a country that has supported various Latin American coups(the latest the anti Chavez coup from the early 2000's). Started a Gulf War under false pretenses. Russia has been downright passive compared to that. I thought the area that Russia protected was sovereign Georgian land that had a minority group that wanted to join Russia. The area was ruled as semi-sovereign territory with Russian protection.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
white is right said:
smiley36.gif
<div></div>
<div></div>
<div> </div>
<div>It's been the CIA that has been meddling in Ukrainian elections by funding and promoting various "colored" revolutions in different countries.  The head of Georgia was a neo-con puppet nutjob who thought he could do whatever he wanted because he was backed by the U.S.  He found out differently.  </div>
Yes the Georgian leader decided to assert his sovereignty and then expected the rest of the world to risk a potential world war to come to his soldiers aid over a disputed territory. I suppose the US has been meddling in a fairly passive way by CIA standards.

Kaptain

Master
You can read the whole Georgia/Russia war on Wikipedia. You'll find the facts are about the exact opposite as our controlled Kosher media was reporting. What does that tell you?