Pittsburgh Steelers General Thread

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
That's why I've been writing of late that I hope they don't draft McConkey, Pearsall or Shipley. Same goes for Payton Wilson, Cooper DeJean, Braden Fiske and any others. Tomlin has always been one of "the (black) boys," enjoying the prima donnas on the team and former ones like his good buddy Joey Porter. He needed Big Ben big time and Watt is an all-time great, but I can't see him ever being fair or close to fair to any other Whites.

Are yinzers getting sick of Tomlin yet?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Are yinzers getting sick of Tomlin yet?
Many have been for years, easily the majority. Even many local media members snipe at him, in contradiction to the way they usually carry water for the Rooneys and everything they do. The attitude toward Tomlin is totally different locally than the way the national media still fawns over him.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Many have been for years, easily the majority. Even many local media members snipe at him, in contradiction to the way they usually carry water for the Rooneys and everything they do. The attitude toward Tomlin is totally different locally than the way the national media still fawns over him.

Pittsburgh's White working class demographic has change considerably so it's still nice to see many fans are fed up with them. The Rooneys are a glowing example of "White Knight" or limousine liberal syndrome. White elites that push all of this socially engineered "diversity" yet maintain a healthy distance from the realities of what they are pushing through their distorted world view.

All of the black talking heads on the BET-lite sports networks all defend Tomlin for obvious reasons. I suppose I am at the point where I just am beside myself with race and sports. Whites aren't waking up to what is going on (the Rashard Mendenhall incident should have been an awakening moment for Whites but was quickly hijacked and diverted before any substantive conversation could be had), they let blacks just claim sports and continue with the self-depreciation tactics and the "we" nonsense. Blacks also continually use the race card in sports like they are some how still victims and sports are still "keeping the black man down". Blacks have been conditioned to be the perpetual victim class despite being the one group in this country that is coddled and extended all sorts of privilege (including being openly racist and treated as victims when they are the assailants in all sorts of crime from murder to auto-theft and everything in between) but lack the self awareness to realize it. As an aside it would be interesting if the lack of self-awareness was biological or sociological. Perhaps I just don't care for blacks, I deal with them and am cordial but go out of my way to avoid them and try to keep a decent level of segregation from them for me and my family.

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
That's why I've been writing of late that I hope they don't draft McConkey, Pearsall or Shipley. Same goes for Payton Wilson, Cooper DeJean, Braden Fiske and any others. Tomlin has always been one of "the (black) boys," enjoying the prima donnas on the team and former ones like his good buddy Joey Porter. He needed Big Ben big time and Watt is an all-time great, but I can't see him ever being fair or close to fair to any other Whites.

I agree. Going back over the last few decades it's ironic how many times white guys get drafted by the darkest teams and then just fade
away the majority of the time. It's so important for our guys at the skill positions to go to the right teams that will actually play them!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Pittsburgh's White working class demographic has change considerably so it's still nice to see many fans are fed up with them. The Rooneys are a glowing example of "White Knight" or limousine liberal syndrome. White elites that push all of this socially engineered "diversity" yet maintain a healthy distance from the realities of what they are pushing through their distorted world view.
Art Rooney, the founding owner of the Steelers and nicknamed "The Chief," came from a working class Irish background. He was fond of betting on horses and the story goes that he bought the Steelers franchise in 1933 for $2,500 after having a particularly good day at the track.

Art never betrayed his roots even as the NFL grew and his team became worth millions, even though it was mostly a laughingstock until Rooney hired Chuck Noll in 1969 and he turned the franchise around into a winner beginning in 1972. Rooney always lived on Pittsburgh's North Side, a working class, integrated neighborhood of closely packed houses, his entire life. He was truly beloved, a man of the people and when the Steelers finally won the Super Bowl after the '74 season most fans were as happy for him as they were for the players.

Contrast that to today's Rooneys, limousine billionaires who live their lives completely separated from the team's fans and the many deleterious effects of the ultra-liberal policies they support. I can't see the Steelers ever becoming a "relatively White friendly team" as long as they own the franchise, whether Tomlin is the head coach or not. Bill Cowher was little different than Tomlin, trying to follow Jimmy Johnson's template with the Cowboys and being as close to a "wigger" head coach as the NFL has ever had.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Art Rooney, the founding owner of the Steelers and nicknamed "The Chief," came from a working class Irish background. He was fond of betting on horses and the story goes that he bought the Steelers franchise in 1933 for $2,500 after having a particularly good day at the track.

Art never betrayed his roots even as the NFL grew and his team became worth millions, even though it was mostly a laughingstock until Rooney hired Chuck Noll in 1969 and he turned the franchise around into a winner beginning in 1972. Rooney always lived on Pittsburgh's North Side, a working class, integrated neighborhood of closely packed houses, his entire life. He was truly beloved, a man of the people and when the Steelers finally won the Super Bowl after the '74 season most fans were as happy for him as they were for the players.

Contrast that to today's Rooneys, limousine billionaires who live their lives completely separated from the team's fans and the many deleterious effects of the ultra-liberal policies they support. I can't see the Steelers ever becoming a "relatively White friendly team" as long as they own the franchise, whether Tomlin is the head coach or not. Bill Cowher was little different than Tomlin, trying to follow Jimmy Johnson's template with the Cowboys and being as close to a "wigger" head coach as the NFL has ever had.

Sorry, wasn't referring to the original Rooney patriarch. It's the offspring that are the problem. None of the originality or experience of that first generation but able to live off the success of the family name.

This is pretty humorous: https://www.si.com/nfl/steelers/new...gh-steelers-art-rooney-second-worst-nfl-owner

Although I would argue that asking grown men that play a sport for millions of dollars to complain about work conditions is peak clown world.

I vaguely remembered one of the Rooney's serving a political position during the Obama administration. Just did a quick look up and it was Dan Rooney who served as ambassador to Ireland. Rooney bought into the Obama lie hook, line and sinker - this was his thought regarding his support for Obama: "When I think of Barack Obama's America I have great hope. I support his candidacy and look forward to his Presidency". Makes total sense that he came up with the "Rooney Rule" which for 20+ years has given us another media talking point to whine about. I wonder how much Rooney's time in Ireland as ambassador was dedicated to figuring out how to destroy and "diversify" the island nation with brown/blacks. What a POS.

Last edited:

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry, wasn't referring to the original Rooney patriarch. It's the offspring that are the problem. None of the originality or experience of that first generation but able to live off the success of the family name.
That's the point I was making.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a good article, written right before Pickett was traded, about what really happened when Pickett didn't suit up against Seattle late last season. Mark Madden and others portrayed it as Pickett throwing a temper tantrum and refusing to play if he couldn't start but it was nothing like that. It was actually typical incompetence by Mike Tomlin, maybe mixed with some malice. Pickett was smeared from that day on by Madden & Co. until he was traded:

Finally, the full story of the Pickett/Tomlin fuss in Seattle​

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
That's the point I was making.

Was just confirming with you.

Here's a good article, written right before Pickett was traded, about what really happened when Pickett didn't suit up against Seattle late last season. Mark Madden and others portrayed it as Pickett throwing a temper tantrum and refusing to play if he couldn't start but it was nothing like that. It was actually typical incompetence by Mike Tomlin, maybe mixed with some malice. Pickett was smeared from that day on by Madden & Co. until he was traded:

Finally, the full story of the Pickett/Tomlin fuss in Seattle​

Thanks for the insight. Bug-eyed Tomlin's poor management skills really on display with Pickett. The media went knives out against Pickett very quickly as well.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer

Full text: How did this go sideways? Mike Tomlin had promised Kenny Pickett he’d get a chance to compete. Pickett learned about the Russell Wilson signing on social media Sunday night. When they spoke the next morning, Tomlin told Pickett that Wilson was in pole position and would get the first reps. So, Pickett asked for a trade. Now he’s an Eagle.

So the Steelers brought in Wilson and gave him the number one spot after promising a competition. Tomlin lied as he did with the Seattle incident. Pickett was correct to want out. Looking back further look at how the Steelers wasted Mason Rudolph's career as well.

white lightning

Hall of Famer

Full text: How did this go sideways? Mike Tomlin had promised Kenny Pickett he’d get a chance to compete. Pickett learned about the Russell Wilson signing on social media Sunday night. When they spoke the next morning, Tomlin told Pickett that Wilson was in pole position and would get the first reps. So, Pickett asked for a trade. Now he’s an Eagle.

So the Steelers brought in Wilson and gave him the number one spot after promising a competition. Tomlin lied as he did with the Seattle incident. Pickett was correct to want out. Looking back further look at how the Steelers wasted Mason Rudolph's career as well.

Nothing to see here just move right along and ignore the huge elephant in the room. Your questioning a coach of 17 years who
is the best coach in the league according to the Lame Stream Media!

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Anti White Media would rather dog pile on Kenny Picketts character than ever question Tomlin. Good for Kenny to get out. Pittsburgh doesn’t like to pay their OL, choosing to go with low cost, no name Sumos.

Aus2G

Justin fields to Pittsburgh. Can you imagine the media uproar if a team got rid of 3 black QBs from their team and replaced them with all white QBs?! Won’t even be a taking point though..

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Justin fields to Pittsburgh. Can you imagine the media uproar if a team got rid of 3 black QBs from their team and replaced them with all white QBs?! Won’t even be a taking point though..
Got him for just a conditional sixth round pick in '25, which means the Bears all but gave Fields away. Looks like the Crawfords are giving the Browns a run for their money in the AFC North.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Got him for just a conditional sixth round pick in '25, which means the Bears all but gave Fields away. Looks like the Crawfords are giving the Browns a run for their money in the AFC North.
Seems like every conference is pushing for 3/4 black qb starters now. The Steelers also want to extend Russell Wilson. Again Omar Khan is comfortable enough now to pull a black power play just like the racist over in Cleveland. I’m sure all the DWFs and the black fans are ecstatic for this. To me it’s just another example of the caste system eradicating Whites from the QB position.

Last edited:

white is right

Hall of Famer
Seems like every conference is pushing for 3/4 black qb starters now. The Steelers also want to extend Russell Wilson. Again Omar Khan is comfortable enough now to pull a black power play just like the racist over in Cleveland. I’m sure all the DWFs and the black fans are ecstatic for this. To me it’s just another example of the caste system eradicating Whites from the QB position.
The Steelers GM is Indian(Asian) American and Honduran American we have debated what a Honduran is racially before with the late Steve Van Buren and his race. I don't think he has a dog in this fight and in a side note I have met Indians who want nothing to do with Blacks. He obviously wouldn't be in a league with a majority of Black employees and have severe bias against them like people I knew in my school days.

Last edited:

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2024/03/19/steelers-eagles-nfl-kenny-pickett/

Pretty amazing the Pittsburgh focused media is slandering Pickett on the way out. Hit job after hit job and next to no criticism of Tomlin for his mishandling of the situation. Pickett seemed to want to compete for the job and was denied the opportunity from Tomlin despite a few weeks ago stating that the organization was high on Pickett and wanted to bring in competition. The organization went back in its word for a competition. This all played out for everyone to see yet Pickett is being labeled a quitter, whiner, soft, entitled.

Considering the number of turds that came and went through Pittsburgh and seemed to leave the organization free of criticism reeks of the racial double standard White athletes face compared to their black counterparts.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2024/03/19/steelers-eagles-nfl-kenny-pickett/

Pretty amazing the Pittsburgh focused media is slandering Pickett on the way out. Hit job after hit job and next to no criticism of Tomlin for his mishandling of the situation. Pickett seemed to want to compete for the job and was denied the opportunity from Tomlin despite a few weeks ago stating that the organization was high on Pickett and wanted to bring in competition. The organization went back in its word for a competition. This all played out for everyone to see yet Pickett is being labeled a quitter, whiner, soft, entitled.

Considering the number of turds that came and went through Pittsburgh and seemed to leave the organization free of criticism reeks of the racial double standard White athletes face compared to their black counterparts.
They may be your hometown team Don, and I personally like Pittsburgh as a city, but based on the way you describe them, they just seem like another odious anti-white team.

I was in an airport today and the talking heads on tv were saying what great acquisitions Wilson and Fields were.

Pretty easy to anticipate and I just had to have a chuckle to myself. Wilson is past his prime and fields is nowhere near what they say he is.

Hilarious

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Tomlin manages to bring out the truth with what happened in getting is Wakanda QB room together in Pittsburgh. The last week of spin, damage control and trying to put all the blame on Pickett has been nullified by Tomlin himself.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39802144/mike-tomlin-russell-wilson-pole-position-steelers-qb1

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Entering the 2024 season with a brand-new quarterback room, Pittsburgh Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said Russell Wilson will have the "pole position," but 2021 first-round pick Justin Fields will "have the opportunity to compete" when the time is right.

"We've been very transparent about the pecking order, at least to start," Tomlin said Sunday from the NFL's league meetings, addressing the team's free agency additions for the first time. "I just think that provides clarity for all parties involved. Russell is a veteran, man. He's got a proven process of readiness. He's been in this league a long time. He's capable of rallying troops, receivers, tight ends, running backs, et cetera. He's just got a lot of experience in terms of what it takes to be the guy over the course of a 12-month calendar and I just think that that's something that a younger guy like Justin could learn from."

Tomlin added of establishing a quarterback hierarchy: "It provides clarity for all parties involved as they do some of the informal things that collectors do this time of year, whether it's coming together to work out and destinations and things of that nature. Rest assured when it's time to compete, Justin will be given an opportunity to compete, and we'll allow those guys to sort themselves out."

Tomlin said Fields has also expressed excitement about working alongside Wilson and learning from the nine-time Pro Bowl selection and Super Bowl winner.

The renovation of the team's quarterback position happened swiftly following the NFL scouting combine in Indianapolis less than four weeks ago. Entering the 2024 offseason with just one quarterback on the roster, Tomlin and general manager Omar Khan began exploring their options on the free agent and trade market.

"We knew obviously we had to acquire some talent at the position, and so we just studied the field and levels of availability among some of the candidates in the field," Tomlin said. "We got zeroed in on Russell and Justin among them, obviously. Probably the goal was to get one guy initially, but through conversation and work -- and can't give Omar enough credit -- we were able to acquire both guys."

After being given permission by the Denver Broncos to explore his free agency options before his official release, Wilson agreed to terms with the Steelers on the eve of the league's legal negotiating period. Part of wooing Wilson included several high-profile defensive players including Cameron Heyward, T.J. Watt and Minkah Fitzpatrick reaching out to Wilson as he weighed his options. Ultimately, Tomlin said, the move to acquire Wilson stems from the organization's desire to win a Super Bowl and turn around their postseason fortunes. The team hasn't won a playoff game since 2016.

"We're just trying to field the best squad we can field in an effort to achieve our ultimate goal, which is to win the Super Bowl. and so, there are no guardrails to that now." Tomlin said. "We're looking at all components of our team in all three phases in the effort to do so. The quarterback position obviously being a significant component of it, but I just think largely we move with the mindset that we were trying to improve ourselves in all areas."

Wilson, Tomlin said, was thorough in his research to prepare for his conversations with the Steelers. That, coupled with his drive for greatness, impressed Tomlin, who enters his 18th season at the helm of the Steelers.

"The most attractive component of his profile to me is his quest for greatness man, his chase for legacy," Tomlin said. "This is not a guy who is hungry, meaning that he can be satisfied. This is a guy that's driven, and you want to work with people of that mindset. This guy's got a vision of what he wants his career to look like and he's got a lot of work to do.

"Obviously he's had some professional challenges, particularly in recent years, and he appears to be a guy that wants to meet those challenges head on and continue to move forward with his career and that was attractive."

Wilson arrives in Pittsburgh after being released by the Broncos following two tumultuous seasons. Wilson's first year under head coach Nathaniel Hackett was a disaster by nearly every measure, but he rebounded in Year 2 under new head coach Sean Payton with 26 touchdowns to eight interceptions. Still, Payton and the team opted to bench Wilson, release him and take on an $85 million dead cap charge, something that stemmed in part from Wilson's refusal to adjust his contract midseason.

In his introductory news conference in Pittsburgh earlier this month, Wilson doubled down on his desire to keep fighting and competing with the Steelers.

"I think that everything didn't go our way the first year," Wilson said of Denver. "This past year I felt like myself again. And so I can't wait to just put on the cleats and go after it."

One crucial part of Pittsburgh's quarterback equation was the subtraction of 2022 first-round pick Kenny Pickett, who the team dealt to Philadelphia in a picks swap. Tomlin said Pickett's desire for a fresh start following Wilson's signing factored into the decision to move him.

"From his perspective," Tomlin said, "[Pickett] felt like a change of scenery would be a good thing. Obviously when we felt the trajectory of the business with Chicago moving in the right direction, those dominoes started falling. I won't get into specifics about our conversations, but I am appreciative of his efforts during his time in Pittsburgh and I wish him nothing but the absolute best in Philadelphia."

Meanwhile back in January:

https://atozsports.com/pittsburgh/steelers-news-2024-qb-competition-mason-rudolph-kenny-pickett/

Fresh off a hot finish to the regular season and a ringing endorsement from a Pro Bowl WR, many think that Mason Rudolph should be the starting QB for the Pittsburgh Steelers in 2024.

But with Rudolph in need of a contract, and Kenny Pickett heading into year three, It may not be that cut and dry.

Coach Tomlin doesn't think so, even giving Pickett the earl nod heading into the offseason:

Kenny is QB1, For Now...​

"He [Pickett] will, but there will be competition," said Coach Tomlin when asked if Kenny Pickett is the starter heading into next season. "There's obviously always competition in this thing. We don't anoint anyone. I'm appreciative of his efforts and where he is, and excited about continuing to work with him. But certainly he will be challenged from a competition perspective moving forward. Competition brings the best out in all of us."

As for who Pickett will be competing against, Coach Tomlin wouldn't rule out adding a QB who currently isn't a part of the team, but it sure seems like he and the Steelers want Mason Rudolph back and will give him every opportunity to earn the job in 2024:

We are a ways away from the start of the 2024 season, but July and training camp will be here before you know it.

I expect Pittsburgh to re-sign Rudolph to a hefty contract for a backup and then see an equal distribution of reps early in training camp, with the best man coming out as leader of the squad in 2024.

Khan and Tomlin both lied to Pickett for the past month or so before he realized it would be best to move on. It sounds like the Steelers were going to try and get Fields with or without Pickett on the roster so Pickett could have ended up being third string behind two black QBs with worse win/loss records than him over the past two seasons. Tomlin also contradicts himself in the above two stories stating that with Pickett "we won't anoint anyone" and then when Wilson comes in be is essentially gifted the QB starting job.

I know this is all flushed down the memory hole of the short attention spanned media and Pittsburgh fanbase already but at this point the Steelers looked like they wanted to move on from Pickett either way. I'll be rooting heavily against the Steelers, their overmatched unintelligent coach, the dung beetle and pepe the frog as long as they all remain with the organization.

Last edited:

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Black black quarterbacks and coaches gotta stick together! Sheeeiiitt!

And the idiotic fans just go with it. Anyways it was nice to see that Tomlin couldn't keep the story straight, probably lacked the IQ to do so. If anything Pickett looks even better with his decision to leave Pittsburgh.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
And the idiotic fans just go with it. Anyways it was nice to see that Tomlin couldn't keep the story straight, probably lacked the IQ to do so. If anything Pickett looks even better with his decision to leave Pittsburgh.
He probably figures he has an army of self hating white and fellow white dorks to run cover for him through media. It’s always great to point out the nepotism every other group on earth is allowed to have, just not Whitey.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The Crawfords signed Kyle Allen to be their third QB, and also Dean Lowry, so finally a bit of positive news.