Peyton Hillis

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Has anyone heard if Peyton Hillis of Arkansas is injured? He had zero touches Saturday against Auburn after playing a fair amount in each of the Razorbacks previous games, including making some outstanding touchdowns and other standout individual plays.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Peyton Hillis had a lower back injury and is back to
practice this week.He is not expected to play though
for another 2 weeks so his back can heal properly.He
is badly missed at Arkansas!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the update, White Lightning! Anyone out there who isn't aware of Hillis should follow him at Arkansas. He's only a freshman but has tremendous potential as a runner if Arkansas uses him the right way, which is always a big question when it comes to a white runner or receiver on a Division I-A team. Right now he's being used both as a fullback and a tailback. Let's hope they develop him as the dominating tailback he deserves to be.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Don, the passage of 6 and a half months have proven you correct. They are still using him in this manner, and have him listed as a co-starter at RB for the 2005 season. As I posted in the college football stars thread about him, he had a very good spring game. I hope Houston Nutt will play him a lot this fall.

kevin

Guru
They also said that inorder for him to play at the next level he must bulk up, which means he will be a fullback in the nfl.

bigman

Guru
well if he want to be an RB and not an FB he shouldnt listen to them and he should rather speed up and not bulk up.... if on the other hand he bulks up then it was his decision to be an FB...

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I hope he pursues the RB route, simply because he can play at a high level at that position. I hope he is given a chance to start this fall.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
They should call him Peyton "Bulldozer" Hillis!He has
the speed to go outside but alot of times just likes to
flatten the defenders.Hillis can really run guys over
just like Alstott does,and Riggins/Czsonka used to do!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
whitelightning, you are correct about that. Hillis is a real all purpose running back. He can and will do it all, and he will surely open some eyes if he starts.