Patrick Swayze passes

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
He was a good actor & tremendous dancer (schooled by his Mother). The talented Texan was a pilot & also had a top 10 hit with "She's Like the Wind". Some of my favorite Swayze movies were Uncommon Valor, Red Dawn, North & South and Roadhouse (guilty pleasure). Unlike most of the Hollyweird crowd, Swayze was married to the same woman (Lisa Niemi) for nearly 35 years. Swayze was a talented man who'll be missed. RIP.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
R.I.P. I remember the women used to really like him in the late 80s-early 90s. Seemed like a good guy too.

Bronk

Mentor
I wasn't a real Patrick Swayze fan but the guy was from Houston (Bellaire, actually), played high school ball at Bellaire High and went to college over at San Jacinto JC.

RIP, Bubba.

Was in two of my "top 10," Red Dawn and Donnie Darko.

guest301

Hall of Famer
Red Dawn, Road House and Ghost, enough said. He will be missed.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Don't forget Next of Kin. The hillbillies take on the Chicago mob - and win. Great movie.

His dedication to his wife while making a living in Hollywood is nothing short of remarkable.

Wasn't he born with a birth defect, having one leg shorter than the other? I recall that he overcame this disability to become a great dancer and ended up landing the role in Dirty Dancing despite his handicap.

DWFan

Mentor
Only the OP listed "The Outsiders"? That was the best movie I saw him in. Stay gold!

DWFan

Mentor
"Ghost" was an interesting movie. But for white dudes hanging together and focusing on a point (even if it was something as stupid as a greasy hairstyle), you can't beat "The Outsiders".Edited by: DWFan

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
I was always most found of Red Dawn & Uncommon Valor with Tex Cobb, Robert Stack & Gene Hackman.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I was at the grocery store today and the National Enquirer had a picture of him on the front with the title "Patrick Swayze goes home to die" and it just pissed me off so much that the media scum did not let this man die in peace with his family. This type of thing really has to stop, it still has me pretty upset that some prick is just waiting to get a picture of a man suffering from a terrible disease and is near death. All the enquirer wants is money,character, morals and values be damned.

I liked him as an actor and he was a good man, Roadhouse and Point Break are two of my fav. movies. Edited by: Leonardfan

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I forgot about Uncommon Valor, Dixie, good call!

'Boy.. you done opened up a whole can ... of WHOOP ASS!' lol That was a great movie.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
White Shogun said:
I forgot about Uncommon Valor, Dixie, good call!

'Boy.. you done opened up a whole can ... of WHOOP ASS!' lol That was a great movie.

Yessir! Ol' Tex Cobb had a iron chin & was tough as nails as a boxer. He is one of my favorite character actors. Swayze had similar humorous dialog with wrestler Terry Funk in "Roadhouse".