Patience please

uber

Administrator
Staff member
CFers, be patient as the new site and new board software are propagated. The previous board software, Webwiz, is much different than that of V-Bulletin, including how passwords and other information are encrypted. Nobody has been banned, don't panic, I know we're all itching to get back to posting. However long the transition takes is how long it takes; your patience is appreciated.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The user group permissions have been changed. I couldn't post earlier as Don Wassall but can now. If you can post please do so on this thread. Thanks

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I can post now! Sweet! I'm liking everything so far. Even though I haven't been able to log in correctly till now, I've been checking out the site and its new features.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
There's a followup mass email going out now that the banning glitch seems to be fixed. The forum still has glitches to work out, but that's unavoidable when changing software. The existing articles still need to be brought over to the site before it's ready to go.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
One question I have is will we be able to use avatars because it isn't giving me the option of using one yet. I was thinking it may take a while for that to begin to work as well.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The avatars still haven't moved over, but will. I just added mine using my Settings.

User group and member number haven't moved over yet.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I've never been on a forum when it was going through a change like this, so it is all new to me. Sounds good though! Right now it sort of feels like when I first registered at CF. :D

whiteboy12345

Hey, this is whiteathlete33. I don't know why I was given this screen name but whiteathlete33 doesn't work anymore. I wasn't able to get in under this name before.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
wa33, it will probably work for you once you reset your password.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Hey guys. The site looks great Don. I can finally post now. It will be well worth the trouble once it's up and running at full speed. The ease of the navigation and other features are really great. The search button kicks butt too. Thanks again to the main man Don Wassall.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Try going thru the process again as given by the first mass email today, WA33. If you got on as whiteboy12345, which was registered in 2006, you should be able to get on as WA33.

whiteboy12345

Thank, Don. It asks me which user I'd like to use and I chose whiteathlete33 but it won't log me in with the password. I've never used this sign on name whiteboyt12345. It gives me a choice of whiteathlete but it still tells me invalid password.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe the email was sent to the email registered by you when you signed up as whiteboy12345 in 2006. . . ?

whiteboy12345

That's possible. The email I received put my sn as whiteboy12345. It recognizes whiteathlete33 in the password change though. Whiteathlete33 is on the email markjozefczyk33@yahoo.com. I never received an email on that on.e. It was updated on the previous board though because I always received emails on markjozefczyk33@yahoo.com when I had private messages.

Last edited:

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Nice!

I was going to post an emoticon but we don't have those yet either.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Don, I changed my settings and have 11 emoticons to pick from in the text box. If we are going to get more, that will be great!

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
It's great to see the new site up and running. It'll take some getting used to but I'm sure in a short time we'll all wonder how we lived without it.