• Kellen Winslow

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Courtney Brown

• Daunte Culpepper

• Total voters
overrated players:

also sehorn was at times overrated...same for Randy Moss, portis, galloway, keyshawn johnson, simeon rice, harrington,leaf,boller,couch, javon kearse..and of course Akili Smith...i think VICK wins this EASILYEdited by: hollywoodnorth

backrow

Hall of Famer
i agree with you on Vick, however Rice is a great pass rusher even if he doesn't like defending a run... he's not a complete defensive end, but excells at very important thing as getting pressure on QBs... i wouldn't call him that overrated, to be honest

There are no overrated white players, per this poll?

So? It's a random sample of overrated players. Could easily put Harrington or Garcia in there.Edited by: hollywoodnorth1

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Can you give me an example of a white player who is actually overrated?

Harrington and Garcia take beatings from the media every week of the NFL season. I don't see how you can say they're overrated. They're labeled as losers. Same with the rest of the white guys you mentioned in the post that began this thread.

Just be glad the purists don't call you out for saying Garcia is a 'white' player.
smiley2.gif

ocaamikedm11

Mentor
Winslow, who was supposed to be the best TE of all time when he was drafted, has played in what, like 5 games? Sure he still has plenty of time to turn it around, but for all the hype, this guy has done some really stupid things off the field and he may never be the same after these injuries. While I agree Vick is vastly overrated (He's not a top 5 QB like he's made out to be) He did lead a team to the NFC Championship, so I give him some credit for that..

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
backrow said:
i think Manning is overrated... (waiting for the storm now)

I don't think you'll get the storm you're expecting, because overrated, at least to me, means a player that does not receive the criticism that he deserves.

Manning is heavily criticized. He can't win the big one, he folds in the big games, he's no good under pressure. He is great during the regular season but can't get it done when it counts. I'd say that doesn't make him overrated, but accurately represented.

Its taken five years for Mike Vick to begin to receive any criticism from the media and talking heads, and that happened only just this year after half the season had already been played.

backrow

Hall of Famer
those are actually very good arguments there White Shogun, you just might be right...
smiley2.gif

white tornado

Mentor
Troy Poamalu is not overated

backrow

Hall of Famer
and Troy Polamalu definitely deserves the praise he gets, in my humble opinion

Kaptain

Master
You guys don't think they went a little overboard on the Troy Polamalu hype? That's all I've heard about for the past month. It's a bit much.

white tornado

Mentor
Being the best player on the super bowl champs gets you alot of hype.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Polamalu disappeared in the Super Bowl, him and Joey Porter.

Hines Ward was the MVP, deservedly so, and stepped up more so than any other player on the Steelers, in my opinion.

The best PLAYER on the field that day was Matt Hasselbeck.

white tornado

Mentor
I was not talking about the super bowl but the whole season.