Obama at Notre Dame

Menelik

Mentor
His speech is sure to attract protesters. The issue is abortion but I wonder how long it will take before calls of racism erupt from the left.
smiley128.gif

Protesting Obama

Observer

Mentor
Fortunately, Alan Keyes probably pre-empted the racisim card being pulled by himself being arrested a few times now.

Well, so what are the lefties to do without their favored tool? I don't know, maybe spray some graffiti or blow-up something, and blame it on "right-wing extremists."

guest301

Hall of Famer
I wish I lived up near South Bend this weekend because I would be joning the protestors. It's a joke that the lead Catholic school in the country and arguably the world invited the most pro-abortion President in history to speak to the graduates and even worse get a honorary degree. Just pathetic.

Menelik

Mentor
Just got through looking at the speech. Other then a couple of protesters just another liberal agree to disagree, love your neighbor etc etc.
smiley104.gif

guest301 said:
I wish I lived up near South Bend this weekend because I would be joning the protestors. It's a joke that the lead Catholic school in the country and arguably the world invited the most pro-abortion President in history to speak to the graduates and even worse get a honorary degree. Just pathetic.

Notre Dame ceased to be Catholic years ago.

The Hock

Master
I'm an ex alter boy but I quit caring about what the Catholic Church does a long time ago. I suppose with the name and skin color the old farts running the enterprise think they're scoring points with the third worlders they're counting on to keep the revenues coming in down the road. And maybe help the football recruiting with the blacks.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
The Hock said:
I'm an ex alter boy but I quit caring about what the Catholic Church does a long time ago. I suppose with the name and skin color the old farts running the enterprise think they're scoring points with the third worlders they're counting on to keep the revenues coming in down the road. And maybe help the football recruiting with the blacks.

BANG! Exactly how I feel. It could not have been stated better!!!
smiley32.gif

white is right

Hall of Famer
Notre Dame is about as Catholic as the Ontario School Boards Catholic schools. They let Raghib Ishmail go to the school. In Ontario since the schools are fully funded by the government Muslims and other Christian denominations go to the schools if they want.

Obama seems to want kindlier and gentler abortions.
smiley36.gif

BHO has changed my mind on the issue of abortions. I used to be against abortions. Now I am just against Roman Catholics having abortions. Everyone else can kill their children. I don't care as long as I don't have to pay for it.

guest301

Hall of Famer
screamingeagle said:
Obama seems to want kindlier and gentler abortions.
smiley36.gif

BHO has changed my mind on the issue of abortions. I used to be against abortions. Now I am just against Roman Catholics having abortions. Everyone else can kill their children. I don't care as long as I don't have to pay for it.

That's a stupid thing to say, screamingeagle. I am suprised that you would say something like that considering you are one of my favorite posters at this site. You shouldn't be in favor of anybody "killing their children".
smiley29.gif
Edited by: guest301

Observer

Mentor
I kind of agree with screamingeagle, not in theory but in practice. What I mean is that there are so many ways for people to kill their children, whether surgically or by all the chemical means that are available (some of the so-called contraceptives are abortifacients). It is a losing battle trying to convince people one-at-a-time when these people are an authority unto themselves, like trying to bail water out of a leaky boat. Because Catholicism is a dogmatic body that still has some organization and hiearchy, it is at least possible to make progress within that group, even though the secular support for it has fallen away in most of the world, not to mention the self-demolition since the 1960's. I'm kind of waiting for Russia to remake the Tsar (which Putin seems to be doing), and bring some order back into the secular sphere as it unites again to Rome, which is something that Catholics have been praying for well nigh on 80 years now.