Now, there’s a thug

Zach Randolph ejected for punching Louis Amondson (sp?) of Phoenix, the white kid from UNLV.

icsept

Master
Yeah. See the College Basketball thread "Chas McFarland gets punched." Everybody is noticing that the Blacks are not satisfied having 80% of the league. They can't tolerate any White guys on the floor and the cheap shots are increasing.

Randolph is an equal opportunity assaulter, if you follow his career.

Being from MI (he went to MSU), I've known he's a thug for a long time. He's a big blob of natural talent who has no redeeming qualities as a person. Even by NBA standards he's known for being notoriously selfish, dumb and uninterested in helping his team on the defensive end. He's an even worse version of Derick Coleman. Edited by: Fightingtowin

Yeah, no big surprise considering he was already a convicted felon when he went to MSU. A definite holdover from the trashy '90s NBA.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
He was also a key component to the infamous "Jailblazers" squad. A team of negro thugs who has a unit racked up almost every conceivable offense and arrest.

Also, he may be the most unathletic player I've ever seen. I watched him play extensively in NY and can only count on one hand the amount of times he dunked the ball.

j41181

Master
He's never been half-way a decent player, just an over sized goon.
smiley36.gif

pt.guard2

Guru
Randolph was suspended for two games, which is barely a slap on the wrist. Mike Wilbon of PTI called him a "punk" and said he should have been suspended for a minimum of ten games.

guest301

Hall of Famer
pt.guard2 said:
Randolph was suspended for two games, which is barely a slap on the wrist. Mike Wilbon of PTI called him a "punk" and said he should have been suspended for a minimum of ten games.

Good for Mike Wilbon. With the NBA cracking down harshly on all forms of violence and even players leaving the bench the last few years I am frankly suprised that Randolph only got two games.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
It's b/c David Stern is an idiot. He does nothing to help the league or it's image.
smiley11.gif
Randolph should have missed 10 to 15 games with a suspension. Zach has been in trouble numerous times and Stern should have realized it's time to make a statement; but as a Sacramento King fan said on a website not long ago "he's not my commissioner!"

foobar75

Master
BTW, did anyone notice how none of the black teammates even offered a hint of a rescue? Amondson walked away, I noticed a couple of Suns players lazily walking towards Randolph, but it was one of the refs and his own teammate who restrained him.

This comes as no surprise of course.
smiley11.gif

j41181

Master
I keep wondering when David Stern will ever step down as commish?

What the NBA needs is fresh new leadership (nothing like Obama), just a fresh new start. The guy gets booed every time he's about to make a statement. Things have been getting ugly around the NBA in recent years, that I think he needs to step down and make way for someone who has fresh new ideas for the NBA. The guys grip on the position is like Robert Mugabe (jackass) of Zimbabwe.

Just wonderng I guess.
smiley5.gif
Edited by: j41181

The NBA product is much improved from a decade ago.

foobar75

Master
GreatLakeState said:
The NBA product is much improved from a decade ago.

Sorry, I don't see it. Thugs still rule the day, the league is 80% black and completely dominated by the hip-hop culture, the game lacks basic fundamentals in a big way, and when it comes down to it, NBA basketball is still only a step above street-ball. It's all about isolations and 1-on-1 matchups, and there's very little in the way of team concept.

Don't get me wrong, there are some gems in there. I love watching teams like Utah, LA Lakers, and Spurs play. In addition to being white-friendly, these teams don't have any Steven Jacksons on their rosters. They actually do emphasize teamwork, play good defense, and are coached by 3 of the best coaches in NBA history. If every team could emulate these 3, I would go back to watching the NBA the same way I did growing up in the 90s.

j41181

Master
That is what I'm trying to point out!

There is too much 1-on-1 in the NBA, too much street ball type of game. It would be nice if NBA teams went back a little bit to the teamwork and fundamental style of play in the 70's and 80's. Teams like Utah, LA Lakers, and San Antonio play those kinds of game, great teamwork and fundamental style of play. It's really boring to watch all-black teams these days. Edited by: j41181