Notre Dame

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Jeff was amazing today.I cannot think of enough superlatives to describe his play.The same could be said for the Notre Dame Team.I love the qb and that tightend Fassano is fun to watch to.I'm very suprised to actually enjoy watching the Fighting Irish play again.If only they could have pulled off the overtime.Oh well,let's hope they can make a BCS Bowl.Did you guys see Zbikowski almost break that punt return today?Damn is he fast.
smiley4.gif

K. Poop, I need to correct you on one point -- ND's starting tailback
is NOT terrible. I understand that this forum is a place to
address the unfair treatment of white athletes, but it is no less
unfair to slam all black players as being "terrible." Darius
Walker is a competent running back that doesn't dance, taunt, jeer,
trashtalk, or otherwise make an ape of himself on the field.
Unlike many "aff-letes," he actually understands the concept of waiting
for the blocking to develop. He's also a pretty solid student
(he's from a town in my area).

Don't get me wrong: I'd love to see the Irish looking a bit more...
"Irish," shall we say ... but let's wait and see what Weis does
with his recruiting opportunities.

KG2422

Mentor
Who was that stupid back who tried to stick the ball over his head to cross the goaline and had it knocked out against Michigan State?

Kaptain

Master
Southern Knight, I stand by my statement that Walker is terrible. I have watched him have many negative carries and actually run backwards losing yards. This team relies on its passing game to win. Walker will be the beneficiary of this offense and end up with decent stats, but I don't go by stats alone. Negative carries can sink a team. "Dancing" in the hopes of breaking a big one doesn't always hurt a RB yards per carry but it will end up stalling many drives and therefore hurt the team (ie - every once in awhile you can break a big run, but often you will lose yards). I may have been a bit harsh when I said he was "terrible" but I am tired of scat-back type running backs.

PS. I don't slam all black players, just the ones I think are terrible.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Jeff Samardjiza is becoming Notre Dame's answer to Mike Hass. I just flipped to the ND-Purdue game, just in time to watch Samardjiza make a one-handed, diving 42-yard catch. Every game this guy is tearing it up. After Brady Quinn threw the pass the announcer started to say "and Quinn throws it away" only to have Samardjiza make the grab.

The other announcer said that Samardjiza was one of the best high school athletes he had ever seen. Here's yet another great white receiver who has overcome the hurdles of the Caste System and put himself in a position to star in the NFL, if only the NFL will let him.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Samardjiza is now up to 7/153/2 with a quarter still to play. Wow! He's the man who makes Notre Dame's potent offense go.

Notre Dame vs. USC in two weeks.

While I haven't heard any "propoganda" from the announcers about Samardjiza, they sure haven't been easy on Notre Dame's other white receiver, Matt Shelton. One of them was going on and on about how "small" he was and seemed to imply that it was amazing he was even on the field. Shelton is 6 feet -- I don't think I've ever heard a black 6' receiver described as "small."

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
What's a shame is that Shelton isn't on the field along with Samardjiza on every play. If there's a faster receiver in football I'd like to know who it is. Shelton's career average yards per reception: 25.5. Yet he's a backup.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Samardjiza had 153 yards receiving tonight and 2 touchdowns.He made what could be the catch of the year on a deep bomb over the middle for a touchdown.Jeff jumped and caught the ball with one hand as he dove.Incredible catch.Shelton had a good game and Brady Quinn became the first Notre Dame QB to throw for over 400 yards 3 times in his career.He is only a junior too.

surfsider

Guru
And after making what is a contender for catch of the year Samardijiza just popped up and got ready for the next play. No histrionics, no chest-thumping nor any raising of the roof type crap. How about his 53 yard TD where he shed several Purdue players along the sideline and showed excellent moves and balance? If he keeps up this kind of production and keeps exhibiting such athleticism he might catch the eye of NFL scouts who will see his potential as a future TE.
smiley18.gif

Poacher

Mentor
How about Brady Quinn for the Heisman? Do you think he'll get nominated?

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Braky Quinn will be put in the Heisman Race if he can beat USC in 2 weeks.I honestly think that Notre Dame has a good chance.Their defense in solid,they have one of the best offenses in the country and a unbelievable home field advantage at times.I smell a possible upset.
smiley2.gif

JB Cash

A while back I wrote an article insisting that Notre Dame did not need to get "blacker" as Paul Hornung had insisted but more "Catholic", as there are so many good Catholic high school football teams.

I'm sure the Notre Dame people considered the advice from my column
smiley2.gif
and now you see: Samardjiza, Fasano, and Zbikowski, starring for them. I'll go out on a limb and say that with those fine ethnic names they are most assuredly Catholics.

It would be interesting to see if Brady Quinn and Matt Shelton are Catholic kids too.

I know of no way of checking this? Any Notre Dame fans with inside information?

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I want Leinert to have a great game, but I want to see ND win too! I'm torn!
smiley36.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The big game with USC is only an hour away. I could be golfing but I'll be watching this one instead, c'mon ND knock off the Black and Samoan Trojans!

Notre Dame's latest recruiting class is ranked third best in the country by Rivals100.com, which says Charlie Weis is "landing blue chip recruits all over the country." Given that these services see only black when it comes to blue (chips), this may be bad news rather than good. When I see lists like these, they arecomprised solelyofCaste System programs with the exception of teams like Iowa and Ohio State. Hopefully Weishas beengoing after some of the same kids as Iowa. Does anyone know?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
What a heartbreaker for Notre Dame to lose, but that was as good a college football game as I've seen. Lots of big plays on both sides, including from the four Heisman Trophy candidates -- Matt Leinert, Reggie Bush, Brady Quinn, and Jeff Samardjiza. Oops, forgot, Samardjiza isn't allowed to be a Heisman candidate.

USC's only white starter on defense, safety Scott Ware, played an awesome game. Bone-rattling hits, great pass coverage, and it seemed like he was in or near every single tackle.

Poacher

Mentor
Yeah Don it was a heart-breaker. Man I wanted ND to win. I
thought it was over when USC took the lead with 5 minutes to play but
Quinn did a great job (unlike when blew a sure first down the series
before). There's not much to say now except that I think it was
that big 4th and 9 conversion that really sealed ND's fate. DAMN!!!

Realgeorge

Mentor
Watching the game at my way-too-African workout club, I saw the Notre Dame Polish kid (Tom Zbikowski) run back the punt for a TD. It was a scintillating play, replete with moves and jukes, broken tackles and second effort. And SPEED! Yes, sports fans, the kid was fast.

Then, as if on cue, the scumbucket NBC-TV announcerinformed us that Mr. Zbikowski was "not the fastest punt returner on the team."

The I-hate-white sports maggots rage awayEdited by: Realgeorge

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I say ND was jobbed.

So far my take on things is that Tyrone Willingham is probably a great recruiter (the kids who are playing for Notre Dame right now were recruited by him), but is a horrible game-planner as a head coach. So when Weiss steps in he is able to FULLY utilize all the talent that is there. Clearly Notre Dames resurgence (coupled with its long Tradition) will create a momentum that will make it easier for Weiss to recruit even if he isn't that good as a recruiter! (I am not sure if he has ever coached at a college level)

Oh and BTW Willinghams Huskies got thumped on by my Ducks today FINAL SCORE:

Ducks - 45
Huskies - 21

Willingham seriously needs to consider benching Isaiah Stanback and going to some of the other OBs on his roster (from my understanding there are at around 3 others but I guess that Willinham wants to go with a black QB)

Here is a Seattle P-I (best newspaper in the Northwest for Sports IMO) story on the game: Ducks rout Huskies 45-21

Kaptain

Master
The ball that was hit out of Leinart's hands with seconds left flew backwards and out of bounds. It was a lucky break for USC. But, my question is: isn't the ball supposed to be spotted where the ball went out of bounds? This appeared to me to be about the 2 yards line not the 1 foot line. There would have been no chance for a QB sneak. Maybe I'm wrong. Edited by: Kaptain Poop

SteveB

Mentor
What a great game! Zbikowski showed some great speed during the punt return and when he almost caught Reggie "fastest man on the planet" Bush on a breakaway run. If he would have had 5 more yards, he would have caught him. Notre Dame exposed USC's horrible CBs by constantly challenging them with the deep ball. Too bad the game ended with a questionable call.

G

Kaptain Poop said:
The ball that was hit out of Leinart's hands with
seconds left flew backwards and out of bounds. It was a lucky break for
USC. But, my question is: isn't the ball supposed to be spotted where
the ball went out of bounds? This appeared to me to be about the 2
yards line not the 1 foot line. There would have been no chance for a
QB sneak. Maybe I'm wrong.

On top of that, Reggie Bush should have been flagged at the end of the
game for assisting the runner. He pushed Leinhart into the end zone.
Notre Dame should have been given the win.