Noooooo!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Just when you thought the media worshiping of St. Michael Vick couldn't get any worse, comes now Matt Hayes of The Sporting News to proclaim that troubled young Marcus Vick is far better than his secular god older brother:

"I don't mean he's better than Mike in certain aspects of his game. I don't mean he's better than Mike compared to where Mike was at this point in his college career. I don't mean he does better things than Mike or that he has more potential than Mike or that one day he'll eventually be better than Mike.

"I mean if I were starting an NFL team -- and I hate NFL analogies because it does a disservice to the college game and because, frankly, the NFL is about as exciting as C-SPAN -- I'd take Marcus. He's a much better thrower, he's just as good a runner, and he has a thicker body frame to absorb big hits. He plays with intensity, he wants to win, and whether he admits it or not, he's always playing with an I'll-show-you attitude because some dude before him tilted the bar to 10."

The Vick media hype will triple in quantity as Marcus enters the NFL. Here's the whole article. Recommended for those with strong stomachs only.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=27266

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I just ate, so I'm not gonna look at this one, but I bet Vick the Younger will be just as bad as his brother.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
The timing couldn't be any better for the Vicks either, because I believe the wheels are starting to come off the Michael Vick bandwagon (finally.)

His brother will arrive on the scene and salvage Michael's career for a few more years, just so we can enjoy the family fun rivalry between Marcus and Mike.
smiley11.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
The only difference will be they won't be able to find the Vick's dad for an interview!
smiley36.gif

Seriously though, if they do that, it will be the biggest slap in the face to the Mannings that they could ever get. If I were them, I would refuse to take part in it. Maybe Archie deserves it though, after turning his back on Mississippi.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I knew that would be asked. Every chance he has to be politically correct about something, he does it, including putting Mississippi down for having our state flag back in 2001. He recommended we change it, that is enough for me to consider him turning his back on the Mississippi he grew up in. Plus, he chooses not to live in his home state. The Mannings are now from New Orleans more than they are from Mississippi. That ought to tell us something. When his mom died a few years ago, he sold her old house. He only comes into the state to go hunting with a few of his buddies now. He does do charity work, but it seems more than strange to hear him talk about all Mississippi's problems when he isn't even there anymore. The media treat him and Mary Anne Mobley as "Mississippi experts" and they always tow the PC line. It makes me and whole lot of others back home mad. Another sign people don't consider you a native son anymore is when they take the "Boyhood Home of Archie Manning" sign down, and in Drew, I haven't seen that sign up for almost a decade now.

bigunreal

Mentor
What's most amazing about this article is the horrendous quality of the
writing. It's like a Valley Girl wrote it. Could this jock-sniffer have
fit the word "Mike" into it any more times? I guess in this instance,
the fierce battle on the part of these "journalists" between
using "Mike" or "Michael" came out decidedly in favor of "Mike."
I have to admit that I just don't understand the super-hype around
Vick, even in terms of the Caste System. Is this guy that much
"blacker" than all the other black QBs?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member

white tornado

Mentor
that is the worst writing I have read in years. I don't see how you can cheer for this guy.

Spooge

Guru
Looks like Mucus Vick likes to wear his chin strap unbuckled like Saint Mike. What a dumb ...k!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I can't stand to see them wear their chin straps like that. How stupid, both to them and the referee's who let them do it without penalty!
smiley7.gif
smiley11.gif
smiley35.gif
smiley34.gif
smiley21.gif

G

One reason I think they wear their helmets like that is they hope it flies off during collisions. It makes it look like they took a really big hit when they replay it on Sprotscenter. That fad seemed to really catch on a few years ago with black players. Anyways it is really annoying
smiley11.gif

white tornado

Mentor
One reason I think they wear their helmets like that is they hope it flies off during collisions. Thats the truth I,ve played football 7 years and my helment has never in practis or in a game been knocked off.

guest301

Hall of Famer
Although my beloved dallas cowboys could have used vick's help the last game of the season to make the playoffs...part of me is still very happy that he crashed and burner this season as the overrated player that he always has been. However, unlike a couple of posters...i never will wish a career ending injury on anyone..not even mike vick and/or his stupid little brother.

Spooge

Guru
Perhaps the Falcons will trade Shaub and draft Mucous. That way
they will feature two bowls of chocolate pudding for brains at
quarterblack instead of one.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I'm surprised Bear-Arms didn't find this first:

marcus_vick_with_guns.JPG

guest301

Hall of Famer
I think he want's their new triple-cheeseburger too!