Nic Macrozonaris

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Those are all great pics.Thank you very much.Some I have
seen and others I haven't seen.We should put them under
a thread for pics of white sprinters.Most people won't
know to look under Nic Macrozonaris thread.Thanks.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Everyone needs to go to macrozonaris.com That is his new website and go to videos.He has 3 races on there now.His sub 10 race which was a 9.91 windy in the 2002 Canadian Champs,10.03 wind legal race in Mexico,10.13 race to win the Canadaian Champs again.Enjoy it guys.
smiley2.gif

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Hey guys,let me know if you can watch those videos,I'm having trouble getting them to play on my computer.For some reason,anything that involves quick time,will not play on my computer.I have real player & windows media but the quick time always screws up.I have downloaded the newest versions multiple times.I really want to watch these videos.Let me know if you guys on the board can watch these.Thanks.
smiley2.gif

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Nic Macrozonaris ran his 2nd 60 meters race of the season up in Canada.He ran a time of 6.70 which qualifies him for the World Indoor Champs except Canada is not sponsering him this season.Canada says he faked injuries in their opinion last season.Nic is fighting this decision is court.He has medical records about his severe groin injury.That is very hard to heal from for anyone,let alone a sprinter.He is by far their best sprinter,but is being treated like crap.Gee,I wonder if him being white has anything to do with it.The really sad thing is that he might not be able to keep competing with out funding.He has to make a living somehow and to be a world class sprinter,you have to train full-time.He has a p.b. of 10.03 from a couple of years ago.He still is more than capable of running a sub 10.Let's hope he either gets funded by Canada,or goes to another country like Greece who hopefully would support his career.Good luck to Nic!Hang in there.
smiley32.gif

Freedom

Mentor
If somebody ran a wind illegal sub-10, doesn't that
still give whites some credit? I mean the time is still there; it
still happened.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I agree he deserves alot of credit.You have to realize that in today's world,white athletes & especially sprinters are rarely talked highly of.Macrozonaris has the talent to do it again.He just needs to keep training and stay healthy.He also needs to be able to afford to keep running.Here is where we need to hope that this situation is resolved soon.Remember,even what Jeremy Wariner is doing isn't supposed to be possible if you listen to the media.People are brainwashed into thinking that white sprinters cannot compete.We need to let them know that this is not the case.That is why the few world class white sprinters have alot of pressure to be the role models for future children.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Nic ran a 6.62 today in the 60 meters to win the race.It was his fastest time in three years with all of the nagging injuries he has had.This could be the start of a big indoor/outdoor season.Good luck to him.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Macro won two races on Sunday.He won the 60 meters in a time of 6.69 and the rarely run 150 meters in a time of 15.70!Nic is still feeling good and really believes that he is going to have a big year.I just hope Canada will start giving him back the funding he needs to stay competetive.He is their top sprinter yet they treat him like crap.Keep up the great sprinting Nic!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Great news.Nick won a race in Canada today against some of the top sprinters from up north.He ran 3 races winning all of them.His times were 10.27,10.25 and a 10.34 in the final!This is such great news.He seems to be finally coming back into form.He has been hurt on and off for the last several years and Canada doesn't even give him a penny any more in funding.Let's hope that Macro can turn a few heads and get back to where he needs to be going into next season.I give him all the credit in the world to still even be competiting.Keep up the hard training Nic.Your time will come!

albinosprint

Mentor
this guy has thebody of a high schooler. what he needs is a good US coach and a good weight program! he does that andstays injuries free,andhe willbreak 10 no problem.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Nic needs to do something.I know it's hard with his family and friends being up there in Canada.His time is quickly running out just like Shirvos.It's now or never.Why not at least attempt to train in another country for the last couple years of his career.You never know what might happen.I do agree that he needs to put on some size to run those times consistantly.Macro has amazing potential but does not even have the support of his home country any more.I think it would be cool if he finished his career running for Greece.They would love and support him down there like nothing he has ever seen.Hit the weights and get a dietician to help him get bigger while staying lean.Good luck to him.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Nic ran a 10.44 in rainy conditions last weekend to win the race.He will run a big race on July 15th and hopefully the weather will be better this time.Nic also won a 200 meters race last weekend up in Canada.He may be running in small meets north of the border,but at least he is staying active and even without funding,has not given up on his dream.Let's hope someone helps this kid out as he is in very good shape.He could put up a few sub 10.20's by the end of summer which would be a great building block going into next season.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
white lightning,

I notice that you always mention that white sprinters have to run a bunch of sub 10.20's so they can eventually (if ever) run a sub 10. Why can't they suddenly rip off a sub 10 out of the blue?

Does every black sub 10 guy have to run several seasons of sub 10.20's before he can run a sub 10 too?

It seems like such a small gap (a few tenths of a second) that one balls to the wall run by a white sprinter with some talent should be enough to go sub 10.

Do you feel the only way that it is going to happen is that a guy has to creep closer and closer until it is inevitable that he runs a sub 10? Unfortunately I do not see any progress in this direction. Is there any white sprinter consistently running lower and lower 100 times? They all seem stuck up at 10.20 at the lowest.

The only way I see it happenning is like a bolt of (white) lightning out of a clear blue sky.
smiley17.gif

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Nobody goes from running 10.4s or 10.3s to running a sub-10 out of the blue.
That would be like a baseball player hitting 15 or 16 home runs season after season, and then all of sudden hitting 60 home runs the next season....wait a minute...I think that's what Barry Bonds did!!
So it is possible......if you are on Steroids, HGH, and whatever other juices are available.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
jacknyc said:
Nobody goes from running 10.4s or 10.3s to running a sub-10 out of the blue.
That would be like a baseball player hitting 15 or 16 home runs season after season, and then all of sudden hitting 60 home runs the next season....wait a minute...I think that's what Barry Bonds did!!
So it is possible......if you are on Steroids, HGH, and whatever other juices are available.

The best example of that from baseball would be Brady Anderson. His first 8 years in the bigs he never hit more than 16 homeruns. Then in 1996 he hit an incredible 50, then never went over 24 again for the rest of his career. If Brady Anderson can do it then a white sprinter can do the equivalent in the 100.
smiley36.gif

freedom1

Mentor
I agree. I have no doubt that a fully juiced Nic Macrozonaris could break 10.00, probably quite easily.

Freedom

Mentor
Roger Marris? I think he went from 39 to 61.

Baseball is a lot more flukier than track though. In sprinting, there isn't really an equivalent to working pitch counts or fouling off pitches. Sprinting is so much more repetitive than batting. To go from 10.4 to 9.9 would be a more than Ruthian task. It would be like adding 50 pounds to your bench press in two weeks.

I think it might be possible to do it inside a year. I've never experianced sprinting at a high level so I wouldn't know to well. Optimistically, I'd expect a 10.2 and then a 10.00 and then a 9.9

white lightning

Hall of Famer
It's possible to go from a 10.3 or 10.4 to a sub 10 in perfect conditions with the maximum allowable possible wind but it is highly unlikely.One of the problems that white sprinters face is the psychological edge that the blacks have when they line up.They truley belive that there is no white sprinter on earth who can beat them.You would be suprised at how much of sprinting is mental.Everything has to go perfect to run a sub 10 and especially if your not on the juice.

Look at Shawn Crawford,he was running sub 10's and sub 20's just two years ago with ease!He was ripped like a bodybuilder but you can tell he is not on the same juice.He must have lost the Balco Connection like alot of others did.He can't even run a sub 10 or sub 20 anymore and he is in his early to mid twenties.He just doesn't have the chemical help if you know what I mean.One US Sprinter I've always thought that is natural is M.Brunson.He has yet to run a sub 10 but is very close.He has been competing for around 6 years now.I respect him for trying to do it the right way.I doubt he is on the juice just like Wariner is clean.My paperboy has bigger muscles than Wariner.

Right now,there are alot of young white sprinters from Germany,Poland and England with a good chance down the road.We have a group of guys in the 10.3 to 10.4 range and they are all between 17-20 years of age.I have high hopes for several of them.We must not give up hope.It will happen and then it will eventually be a chain reaction.It will inspire so many other young white sprinters just like Wariner has done here.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
One other thing,your cns or central nervous system is very crucial in running fast times.This takes years to train.It is hard to describe but there are so many aspects involved in dipping under 10 seconds.By the way,there is another Borzov running in Russian and he won a 200 meters the other day.The crowd was going crazy yelling his name but he actually isn't related unfortunatley.He has talent none the less and there are several other future Russian men about to hit the senior level soon.

freedom1

Mentor
Xavier Carter bettered his best 200 by .39 seconds. I know you're going to see bigger jumps in the 200 than that 100, but still, 4 tenths is pretty significant.

He's supposed to run again Wariner in the Rome 400. I hope he pushes Wariner.

freedom1

Mentor
Our race is most definitely psychologically crippled. We can't give our country away fast enough, and the Europeans have the same sickness. Is there anything that can cause a revival?

albinosprint

Mentor
yes there is! we need just one white guytorununder 9.9or run under 19.7 and the mindset will start to change. just one! the great white sprinters from the past have long been forgotten by the younger generations. we need just one to change their thinking! Jeremy and Andrew wont cut it,its has got to come from the 100 & 200 runner. I'm putting my money on Pickering. if he can win the 100m during the 2012 Olympics in near record time the ball will start rolling really fast. we can only hope it will happen sooner.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Pickering has been my pick too for a while now but he needs to stay focused.I havent't jumped off the bandwagon but I'm very dissapointed with his performance this season outdoors.Injuries or not,he needs to step it up or the UK will move him to a longer sprint like they did to Tim Benjamin before he could peak at the 100/200!