NFL officially in a "quarterback crisis"

G

The rumors from a few weeks ago were true. The NFL has fallen into a quarterback crisis.

"The biggest problem in the NFL today is a lack of quality quarterbacks."

NFL.com Article

Perhaps they mean a lack of quality black quarterbacks?

G

This guy notices the level of play in the league has declined but thinks it is due to bad quarterbacks?!

Foxsports Article

edit: bad white quarterbacks, of course.

Note the writer excuses McNair because he is a "dinosaur", yet he's only 34. And Young is a "big talent keeper."Edited by: nevada

Bear Backer

Mentor
Hacks have been saying there is a QB crisis in the NFL for years, and I personally just don't believe it and if there is a problem it is because some guys who may have had a shot to develop into quality QB's have been stuck being backups while the NFL has pushed for more black supermen QB's. All of my life as a football fan I can only remember a hand full of QB's in each era/decade that were really what you would call top QB's. In the 80's you had Joe Montana, Dan Marino, Dan Fouts and a host of other guys like Boomer Esiason,Warren Moon, Phil Simms etc who were on the level below them. In the 90's you had Steve Young, Brett Favre, Jim Kelly, John Elway and a host of guys like Troy Aikman and aging Dan Marino,Drew Bledsoe on the level below them. The 2000's have been no different with Tom Brady, Peyton Manning an aging Brett Favre and guys below them like Marc Bulger, an emerging Tony Romo, Carson Palmer etc. In fact when I look at this decade it is has been much stronger than past decades I remember where there was some talent at the top but the bottom fell out of the league quickly in terms of production. There are quite a few Quality QB's in the league right now: Drew Brees, Derek Anderson, Eli Manning, Ben Roethlisberger, Matt Hasslebeck, Jeff Garcia to name a few. Sure there is crap, but I don't ever remember an era that didn't have it's share of poor QB's. When these hacks talk about a QB crisis they are almost assuredly talking about a Black QB crisis, because that is really the only QB crisis at the moment in the NFL. The NFL and their talking head media just cannot stand the fact that a Black QB hasn't won a superbowl since Doug Williams and their dreams of blacks taking over the position has not come to fruition.

And on a side note Chris Collinsworth makes me sick. He is a gutless wimp with his fake smarmy smile. I stopped watching Inside the NFL years ago because of that slimey creep. Edited by: Bear Backer

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Great post as always Bear Backer. Feel free to chime in as often as possible, your opinions are always spot-on in my view.

nevada said:
This guy notices the level of play in the league has declined but thinks it is due to bad quarterbacks?!

Foxsports Article

edit: bad white quarterbacks, of course.

Note the writer excuses McNair because he is a "dinosaur", yet he's only 34. And Young is a "big talent keeper."

"Big talent" Young is at or near the bottom of league QBs every week; that these clowns worship him is just revolting. Four TDs, ten INTs, yes, that's big talent. It's also interesting that the only current QBs he castigates are a few whites, like Grossman, whose numbers are better than those of black screwups like Lavoris Jackson (Jackson is the worst Vikings QB ever, hands down). The whole thing is disgusting. Get the homies out from behind center, and QB play will improve.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Ron Jaworski was passionate during the Monday night game about how NFL teams don't have a clue when it comes to evaluating quarterback prospects, saying that teams should use former quarterbacks for the job rather than have scouts merely look at things like arm strength. Makes sense since quarterbacks are so hit or miss like players at every other position, besides all the racial rules in play that skew results.

The NFL seems to be more of a crapshoot than any other pro sport. For example, there are no statistics to measure and compare the performance of offensive linemen, who are so key to how everyone else performs on offense. On defense, how do you judge how everyone does flying around on each play? Supposedly each team breaksevery playdown on film, but how can they stomach the plays off, the feeble and non-existing attempts at tackling which are so common, etc., and feel that these are the best players available? The NFL is in dire need of competition, but unless a trillionaire wants to fund a rival league it's not gonna happen.

G

There are statistics for offensive linemen. They are rarely mentioned in the sports media because 99% of people are not interested.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
it is VERY interesting that he didn't mention a single black quarterback as playing poorly...

that should tell you all you need to know, right there.

Tom Iron

Mentor
Bear Backer,

I'm not disagreeing with you, but when Doug Williams is mentioned as winning a Super Bowl, it should be remebered that he took over the team for the injured White QB. He didn't bring the RedSkins there, he was just able to win one game and after that his "career" went south very fast.

Tom Iron...

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
nevada said:
There are statistics for offensive linemen. They are rarely mentioned in the sports media because 99% of people are not interested.

99% of people aren't interested in number of interceptions or tackles either, but those kinds of statisticsare at least accessible. I don't recall ever coming across statistics for offensive linemen.

G

Don Wassall said:
I don't recall ever coming across statistics for offensive linemen.

I guess you're not that serious about football then, because they exist, and the sports media even, rarely, reports on them.

Robert Gallery, for instance, is the most penalized lineman this year.

If you think they don't keep statistics on pancakes, or how many times a player got beat for a sack, you are not paying attention to line play, the most critical part of any team.

backrow

Hall of Famer
nevada said:
Don Wassall said:
I guess you're not that serious about football then, because they exist, and the sports media even, rarely, reports on them.

where do you get off calling a guy that's put together Caste Football site a casual fan?
you're a hopeless case.

Tom Iron said:
Bear Backer,

I'm not disagreeing with you, but when Doug Williams is mentioned as winning a Super Bowl, it should be remebered that he took over the team for the injured White QB. He didn't bring the RedSkins there, he was just able to win one game and after that his "career" went south very fast.

Tom Iron...

It's also worth keeping in mind how poorly he generally played. He came into the league in the late 70s, and by the time he played in the Super Bowl he'd made it clear that he was a very minor talent. Interestingly, he was also a pocket passer and not an afflete in the St. Michael mold.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
nevada said:
Don Wassall said:

Robert Gallery, for instance, is the most penalized lineman this year.

If you think they don't keep statistics on pancakes, or how many times a player got beat for a sack, you are not paying attention to line play, the most critical part of any team.

As I wrote in my post, every play is broken down. Obviously there are statistics kept for offensive linemen, but I wasreferring towhat's talked about, what's made available to fans generally, including more than casual fans. You're so quick to nitpick and criticize a minor point that nuance and context escape you.

Stonewall

Guru
On a positive note, I've noticed a change in fan reaction to the black quarterback here in the Baltimore area.Just 2-3 years ago, Kyle Boller was ridiculed by white fans.The majority of fans at that time considered hima joke. Now, many fans are calling for him to replace Steve McNair now. Ido not mention this in regards to McNair (who is old, with his best days behind him) but in regards to Troy Smith, the3rd quarterback on the roster. No one is calling for him to play, which I find significant. Last year's Heisman winner is not evenmentioned in the equation at all. Furthermore, in the preseason many fans didn't even want him to make the roster.

It is my belief that fans (even portions of black fans) are beginning to realize that the style of play exhibited by most black quarterbacks is not conducive to winning in the NFL. People are seeing just how superior Tom Brady and Peyton Manning are to Donovan McNabb and Daunte Culpepper. Mindsets are changing, for the positive.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Nevada, I seriously can't figure you out. In one post you'll have unyielding love for white players (and pure hatred for the caste system that governs them), in the next post you'll defend has-been black boxers, caste NFL coaches, and black players as though your life depended on it.

Then you actually have the audacity to pick apart points that Don Wassall (the father of caste football) is trying to convey.

So which is it? Some of the CF posters you've irritated off have accused you of being black, jewish, whatever....I think you just love the attention. Please, just pick a side of the caste fence and stick to it, or shut the f*ck up.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Never mind. Edited by: White Shogun

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Every time I put a post about a white athlete Nevada attacks. He gets his kicks this way I guess. He could care less what anyone posts he just wants attention.

Ok guys, obviously what nevada said was foolish and unnecessary and rude and dumb, but I don't think it helps if EVERYONE starts crucifying him for it. Let's move on and get back to talking about football.

A few days ago, I was watching some ESPN program where the "analysts" were determining whether Alex Smith was a bust or not. Most of them said yes, despite him being only a third year player and not having any reliable targets to throw to. On the other hand you have Mike Vick, who was never questioned as being a bust despite his constant poor QB play. Next year, Vince Young will be in his third year much worse than Alex SMith is this year, and he will continue to get praise as an up and coming QB. RIDICULOUS

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
whiteafflete15 said:
Ok guys, obviously what nevada said was foolish and unnecessary and rude and dumb, but I don't think it helps if EVERYONE starts crucifying him for it. Let's move on and get back to talking about football.

Whiteafflete15, its not just this issue. It is every single day and dozens of other posts. He attacks white players all the time. I am suspicious of him.