New Rap Problem: Criticism From Within

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Solid article from ABC ("Always Bolshevik Crap"...save Stossel on 20/20) on the "New Rap Problem: Criticism From Within". It appears alotta sheeple are waking up to the reality that rap=crap is pure poison. Let's hope this positive trend continues!
smiley4.gif

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=2912686

guest301

Hall of Famer
Even Oprah Winfrey is reluctant to put gangsta rappers on her show. She knows how destructive they are to her race and to the nation in general. She recently had a spat with the rapper Ludacris on this very subject.

Lance Alworth

Mentor
What gets me is.... well to quote Sam Kinison "this f*ckin sh*t has been around for a long time too" I mean its been around for like 30 years now. I was hoping it would have died out by now. Unfortunately this hasnt happened

Rise

Guru
Well lets hope that this may be the tipping point, but when you turn on MTV you can see that its still more popular than ever. There seems to be more black orientated shows on that channel currently than you would see on BET.

cutty

Guru
I remember watching the last MTV spring break (more to look at college chicks, not for the music) and this rapper performing, known as chamillionaire wasblabbering this song called "riding dirty" in which he basically talks, from what i could gather,about evading police as he drives around in his ghetto sled selling crack.

As thecamera looked over the crowd, there was nothing but white faces singing along.
smiley11.gif

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Rise & Cutty, MTV (Marxist Toxic Venom) is nothing but an arm of elitist Sumner Redstone's empire. I remember back in the early 90's when MTV was embracing PC BS like that fruitcake Pedro Zamora who died of AIDS...and was made into some sort of "brave" martyr & lionized by MTV. I assume it's gotten 100x worse these days. Fortunately, I watch very little TV, have basic cable and would never watch that garbage in a million years.

Bottom-line, the Globalist controlled "Entertainment" industry has been pushing rap=crap as mainstream for years. I'm sure the Globalist Elite smile with glee when they see all these young white kids who are buying into their "sheeple-bait" and being transformed into obliviot slaves for the NWO. It sickens me to see nice looking white kids acting like "Wiggaz" & white girls acting (&/or behaving) like slutty, little mudsharks! In my estimation, this is all by design of the Globalist Elite.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
I was flippin channels on my radio today and there was a rap song on. I listened to it for a while paying attention to the lyrics. Can human expression go any lower? Isn't this the bottom? The pure unadulterated filth and ugly imagery of the "song" seemed to me the lowest possible way for a human to express themselves. I tried to imagine something worse but really couldn't. Where to go from here? If our culture is on a race to the bottom I think we are already there.

I heard one rap "song." Actually, it had a good beat. Then I listened to the lyrics. The most I could make out was that he was hitting a woman with a 9 mm pistol.

Now when Motley Crue sang "Girls, girls, girls" they were praising their beauty.

cutty

Guru
It's not the form of music, its what the performer says thats important. There is garbage produced in all forms of music. I'm not knocking rap itself. I've listened to it, and I've heard some pretty profound stuff here and there actually, in all fairness. And I've known a handful of blacks that listen to various forms of Rock. And there is quite a bit of music coming from white artists dealing with drug use and murder. It's a part of life, but it's not the focal point of the whole damn 'Rock' genre, and it's not really sung about in a glorifying way. That's the issue.

But I've noticed that any rapper with anything insightful to say, or is considered "positive" never makes it to the mainstream. Hmm, I wonder why? In fact, I've noticed that most good music of all kinds is kept underground nowadays. It's like there is a real, true effort to dumb us down by only mass marketing the garbage. Whether it be music, tv or anything.Edited by: cutty

guest301

Hall of Famer
Will Smith and MC Hammer are the only black rappers who have made it bigtime and mainstream with out all the songs about thug life, bitches and hoes and busting a cap on the police. There may be others but none immediately come to mind.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
You can only rap about money, murder,drugs and ho's so much

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=entertainment&id=5 082035

Rap Music: Is the Backlash Here?NEW YORK, March 1, 2007 - Was Nas right, when he titled his album "Hip-Hop Is Dead"?

Music sales overall are down, but rap sales in particular have dropped 21 percent from 2005 to 2006. For the first time in 12 years, the top ten best-selling albums of the year did not include a rap album. A poll of black Americans by The Associated Press and AOL-Black Voices last year revealed 50 percent of respondents said hip-hop was a negative force in American society.
David Banner dismisses the criticisms, saying rappers discussing such negative things that they encounter in their lives bring certain things to light. Banner says even when he does positive songs, fans go for songs such as "Like A Pimp" instead.

As he puts it, "I wish America would just be honest. America is sick....America loves violence and sex."

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Some of America is sick and does like it, but a lot of people are sick because of it. I hope that number continues to grow. Those are somewhat encouraging numbers.